“Best on LBI” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant

You added Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4401 Long Beach Blvd, Brany Beach, Long Beach Township, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Best on LBI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The available hotels on LBI are pretty bad, so when I saw this place, I jumped at it. Yes, it's expensive, but not when you consider that a nice B&B on the island is even more per night, and the flea bag motels run only about 30% less in high season. The hotel is super clean and neatly furnished. I had a small room at the corner of the hotel for one night and it was more than sufficient for my needs. The bed was very comfortable and the room was fairly quiet (but it was a Monday night. I might be concerned staying over the weekend, with the bar above one's head.) The staff was friendly. My one complaint is the bathroom sink. For some reason, they installed these sinks that are 8 inches higher than the counter. While they look funky, they are impractical. I'm a woman of average height and in order to wash my face, I had to stand on my tiptoes. I would have liked a step stool, because I had to bend my arms at such an uncomfortable angle. Strange that no one thought of this, before going with that option. The one amenity that is worth the cost of admission: the ability to use their outdoor showers after you check out. I hate driving home full of salt and sand, but don't want to lose the beach day. Their showers make that drive and the day of check out so much nicer. They'll even give you a clean towel!

Room Tip: I'd suggest rooms 201, or 202 (corner rooms at the back of the hotel) or rooms closer to the fro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Weehawken
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I must say, upon walking into this establishment my expectations were not much. Reading the reviews on this website make this place out to be a mess! I found the staff to be more than courteous as my husband and I were greeted in a timely fashion and brought to our table. You could tell it was a busy night by the amount of people dining in the restaurant. Our server came over to us and introduced himself the first chance he had. Being someone in the restaurant industry, I know how easily one can get flustered! Although there weren't any specials, he answered all of our questions and gave his own recommendations. My husband and I both had the "Tikitini," a fun little island drink to start! We ordered an order of the calamari and it was incredible. My husband got the filet and I decided on the scallops. We both tried each others meals and were impressed. The portions aren't huge but they are enough to fill you up with an appetizer. We were ready for the check and then we heard the desserts. A bananas foster ice cream cake?! How could we say no?! We shared the cake and were ready for bed. Although we didn't stay at the hotel, if it was anything like the dining experience, I would be willing to give it a shot. Its a shame we hadn't tried this place sooner! Overall, one of the better dining experiences I have had in a while.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have to say that I stayed here with my husband for a weekend getaway this past weekend. It was a wonderful experience. The hotel staff even had beach passes for us to use as well as towels and beach chairs. When you walk up to the bar, you are greeted within seconds and a cold drink in your hand within a minute. Dinner was exceptional! I especially enjoyed the scallops that I had. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and knew about which wine would go great with the scallops I had. The management really knows how to train their staff the right way because from the minute I entered this place to the minute I left, everyone was so kind and accommodating. We will be back as soon as our work schedules allow us!

Room Tip: Ask for Room 215, it's bigger than most and on the corner which gives it some more privacy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Clinton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The best thing about this place is the staff -- mainly the second shift concierge Lauren, who was amazingly helpful and good-natured. Also of note are the very clean, updated little rooms in this chic hotel. I felt like I was temporarily residing in a J. Crew ad. Restaurant has great food too. Parking is convenient, and beach passes are available at the front-desk. I can't think of a single complaint. All-around a great place if you're looking for a weekend getaway that's two blocks from a beautiful beach.

Room Tip: I paid a little extra for a street view. The street is nothing to brag about, so save your money...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The reviews about poor service crack me up. This is a busy restaurant in the middle of summer at the beach. Get a life people and realize that anywhere that's busy as hell is going to be slower.

That being said I went here twice over the last two weeks and it was incredible. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. My server was named Courtney (I think) and she was great. Very personable and knew when to ask if we needed anything and when to leave us alone. We got her both time so lucked out. Food was very good too. And yes they were busy so i understand it might take a few minutes to get my food.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Daddy O Hotel over this past weekend and everything about the establishment was amazingly impressive. The Hotel Front Desk was more than helpful and each different employee that we met was just as generous and accommodating as the last. Our room was small, yet exceptionally clean. Next time we’ll get a queen. The first night we decided to eat down in the restaurant and service was once again great. Our server was more like a tour guide. She led us through the meal with excellent recommendations for drinks as well as food. It’s an interesting menu and the scallops were awesome! After, we headed up to their roof top bar and topped off our night with an amazing view and a stiff martini. Well recommended and we will surely be back next year!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Succasunna, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

From walking through the front door to the exit. The decor is nice and appears upscale until you have to cross paths with the various staff members. The bar access is blocked by tables? Bartenders are much more worried about other than the customers. The restaurant staff didn't fair much better. The best was sitting waiting for our dinners to arive with dirty plates around us.
The server brought our dinners, placed them at the opposite,clean, side of the table and left as he told us to enjoy dinner??? The food was excellent though. What a shame!!! I'm a property owner on the Island and cannot recommned this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Daddy O Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!