“Small And Wicked Expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Surf City Hotel

Surf City Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Long Beach Township
Surf City Hotel
You added Surf City Hotel to your Saves list
8th St. and Long Beach Blvd., Long Beach Township, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
mohegan lake ny
“Small And Wicked Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

180.00 bucks gets You 2 double beds A T.V from 1980 and a mini fridge in the the closet that you could barely open. Nice big iron tattoo on the rug. Nice loud A/C motors going all night outside your window. Sad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Manahawkin, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Wonderful new management!! The food is so good, aswell as the location. Never knew it was over there, but im glad i found it!! I will be coming back very often, i encourage everyone to go give it a try

• Stayed May 2014
Unadilla, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the Surf City Hotel last weekend and was very disappointed. I had traveled quite a distance to attend a family wedding on LBI and my stay at the Surf City Hotel was the worst. The rooms are very small and everything is old and smells. The bed was comfortable but no duvet. I do not think the blankets are regularly washed. There isn't an elevator and the stairway is extremely narrow making it very difficult to carry your luggage upstairs. The service was terrible - the front desk had a nasty attitude when we checked in. We did not eat in the restaurant so I can't review that but we did have a great time at the wedding at The Stateroom. Loved LBI but will not stay at the Surf City Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
The shore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Under new management and the entire place looks different. Always clean along with a super friendly staff.

Food is delicious, props to the chef. Wait staff is super friendly and always checks to see if you need anything which is great!

A complete 360 from last year!!!

TOTALLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
White Plains, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I decided the two nights before to spend a weekend on Long Beach Island. I couldn't find an available room on the internet, so I called the Chamber of Commerce for LBI. A nice lady said call the chamber back Friday about noon -- they call all the lodgings and find out what's available. So I did so and the only rooms at less than very expensive rates were at the Surf City Hotel. So I called the Hotel. I only got recordings for every phone choice at the hotel, so I finally chose "Banquet Sales" hoping to get a live person at that extension. I did. At first she said they had no rooms. I said the Chamber said they did, and she then said, "Yes, we do, what are you looking for?" We got an exquisitely clean king-bed room -- I have travelled for 55 years and never had a cleaner room! It was priced in line with other LBI motel/hotel rooms. This is the first time we stayed at the Surf City Hotel, but have been to LBI many times. The pub in this hotel is known for fun adult music and times. The hotel is nicely located at the middle of the island. It's an easy, short half-block walk to the ocean beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
new york, ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This place was bad! Our rooms had an imprint of an iron on the carpet (not to mention the iron in the room is a 1970s version). The worst part was the feeling that the rooms were dirty and ill-maintained. I would never stay here again, and I would never recommend it to anyone. It is a few blocks from the beach and has a friendly desk person, but I would rather stay further away from the beach for the same price and enjoy the comforts of my surroundings.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I wound up here because of a last minute girls' night with one of my college pals, who was passing through NJ and wanted to see me. I enjoyed every second of my stay, which included dinner at the restaurant and a nice walk on the beach. I will gladly come back again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Surf City Hotel? Share your experiences!