“Management could use attitude adjustment!” 3 of 5 stars

Pizzeta Enoteca
62 West Mt Pleasant Ave, Livingston, NJ
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizzeta Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 71 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: Italian
Livingston, New Jersey
“Management could use attitude adjustment!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have been to this local restaurant a few times in the past few years and I find it to be a fairly decent place. The food is average, some items better then others, and the atmosphere is comfortable. The tables are very high and the chairs are low so the tables are a little awkward to eat at. But last night was a bit disturbing to me. We had a waitress that had only been there two day so service was a tad bit lacking to say the least. We got there on the early side so it was not quite so busy yet and there should have really been someone around to shadow her until she knew what she was doing. That being said here is why I am writing the review. I can tolerate someone being new and service lacking for that reason but what I can't tolerate is the attitude of the rest of the staff when they clearly know there are issues because of her experience. I had wanted to split two entrees between a friend. We ordered one salad with grilled shrimp, dressing on the side, and to please bring plain balsamic vinegar with that, and one Vegetable Lasagna also to be split and asked that they split it in the kitchen (it's easier for us) which she said was not a problem. The waitress was not the one bringing food out. Instead they had the busboys (whom did not speak nor understand english) bringing out the food. When it came out it was not split and when we tried to tell the non speaking person this he had to have someone else come over to the table to tell us they don't do that in the restaurant. I proceeded to tell him that the waitress had no problem with it and he said she was new. I said okay so she made a mistake it is good customer service to make good on her error to keep the customer happy and he did not care. He proceeded to hand us two very small dishes to divide the food up with. I did not think it would have been difficult to make us happy but it was a no go. We then realized that the salad also had dressing on it when we clearly asked for it on the side. We did not want to send it back so we just ate it anyway. When the manager walked by and asked if everything were okay I told him "not really" and before he asked what was wrong he said " ut oh our waitress had only been there two days" And I told him I could deal with that but when she told us we could have the order split in the kitchen and it wasn't because they don't do that, they could have done it anyway after learning it was because she was new and just done it. Well he did not agree with that either. What terrible customer service. Would have cost them nothing extra just a little bit of damage control. Besides the fact our waitress was non existent for most of the night and we had to stop random people to get a napkin or straw or dessert or check, lousy customer service from the manager is shameful. Your restaurant is not that good that you can afford to have such a pompous attitude mr manager. Hence causing me to write this review of your mediocre restaurant.

• Visited December 2012