“Nice business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Livingston
Atlanta
“Nice business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

All and all a pleasant stay at the Westminster. The rooms/bathroom was spacious. The bed was very comfortable. I asked for a quiet room (as the hotel faces a busy road) and was given a room on the garden level which was nice. Front desk staff was very accommidating.

My only nit-pics is 1) Parking Lot is a hike if you have to park in the back. 2) I wished the room had an easy chair instead of the funky, odd chase lounge thing 3) The restaurant and room service was way overpriced.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
houston, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Arrived at the hotel, got two keys, got to the room (quite a hike), neither key worked.

Tried to get WiFi in the room, spent 45 minutes talking to tech support, eventually learned that we would have to go to the ground floor lounge to use our laptop.

Suggested to the manager that some adjustment to our bill (or free breakfast!) would be in order. No dice. (It turned out that the young man on the desk when we arrived was a trainee!)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
WestminsterMgmt, Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We apologize for the inconvenience with our high speed internet service. In an effort to make this complimentary service a better experience to our guests, we have recently upgraded our high speed internet service. We have tripled the current available bandwidth. We are now able to offer a download speed of 4.5mb per second. You may have caught us during this upgrade. Nonetheless We regret that you left the Westminster Hotel disappointed .We welcome the opportunity to speak with you further and hope you will re-consider staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010 via mobile

Great staff. Beautiful rooms. Quality dining. Clean and comfortable with every amenity expected in a high end hotel.

• Stayed September 2010
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

My out-of-town guests stayed at the hotel this weekend for my wedding. They were impressed with the large, clean rooms. The staff was unbelievably accommodating. All of the guests took advantage of the hotel's shuttle and did not have to rent cars which was extremely helpful.

• Stayed September 2010
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

This last weekend we housed over 60 guests at the Westminster Hotel for my son's wedding which was held at a nearby Country Club. From my first contact with the hotel months ago to our stay this weekend I would say that the hotel was just wonderful in every way. The group rate was exceptional, and the hotel provided free shuttle service to the Country Club and back. In all our planning, the sales managers were helpful and supportive in every way, as was the front desk staff. This weekend the good service continued and was consisitent.
Our guests reported clean and comfortable rooms and were very pleased as were we! We planned a post wedding Brunch for 60 guests with Amy Terhune, the catering manager. What an easy and pleaurable experience! Amy was helpful, prompt in her responses and gave good advice. Yesterday everthing was presented wonderfully and tasted uqually good. The hotel housed the brunch in a lovely large room and the wait staff and Maitre D were wonderful! The wedding was beautiful and our group stay at the Westminster was also just wonderful! One thing to be aware of, is that the hotel does not serve lunch on weekends but does have a lovey but expensive brunch. There are several options for lunch on rte 10 but you have to leave the grounds for a short drive off the grounds for lunch or perhaps "order-in." The hotel is a great value for the area and I would recomend it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

I booked and prepaid through Orbitz and when I arrived at 11pm, after dragging my luggage in from the parking lot in the back of the building, I was given room in the "Garden Level". Needing a good night sleep before my business meeting the next morning, I thought I might benefit from being at the back end of the hotel in what was essentially the basement. However at about 5am the room started vibrating and there was a lot of noise of people using the gym directly across the hall, including people shouting down the hall at each other.

I tried to cancel my second night so I could go elsewhere but the hotel manager refused to refund the prepaid second night. Instead they gave me a "club" room (the only difference I could discern was that it came with a razor and shaving cream) on the top floor. The room still had weird vibrations and I could hear my neighbors through the thin walls, so I ended up sleeping with the fan on all night to try and drown out the noise.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Swindon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I stayed at the Westminster hotel this week. I really enjoyed my stay. The reception staff, drivers and maids are excellent and work so hard. The staff are the highlight of the hotel with outstanding customer facing skills.

However I found the breakfast very disappointing and the lady who hosts the breakfast is very abrupt and short with the customers. The food on offer is very limited and cheap. The tables are not set and all the food is served buffet style on the bar. I found it really informal for a hotel!

I also feel the weddings and other events at the hotel take over the priority of the hotels service. My example of this - when requesting the shuttle bus to collect me from the mall I was told to wait over 30 minutes as the hotel drivers were all booked out. This happen on three occasions. I understand the hotel is busy with events but other guest should not suffer due this. Just put on more drivers or tell the guest the hotel is very busy and remember to pre-book the shuttle well in advance. Also two out of my 7 nights sleep were awful due to noicey guests having after parties in their rooms!

The pool, pool area and jacuzzi is not maintained well. The pool is very dirty and the jacuzzi is not powered well.

Voltage in the bedrooms is really week when using european adaptors!

I was also frustrated that the shuttle bus did not take guests to a local train station. Taxi's are extremely expensive in the area and as the shuttle bus travels to the Shorthills Mall why not take guests to Shorthills train station as well....

The hotel is located on a highway and has no outdoor chill out space. Instead it boasts an oversized overflow car park. The location could be over come if the shuttle bus took guests to the local train station and the hotel made a nice garden area at the rear of the hotel.

Due to the issue I have pointed out I will not be staying at the Westminster Hotel again or recommending the hotel to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
WestminsterMgmt, Manager at Westminster Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Thank you for your feedback pertaining to your recent stay at the Westminster Hotel. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the Westminster Hotel’s outstanding level of service.

We appreciate your willingness to share the issues you encountered during your stay with us. First and foremost, we are deeply sorry for the inconveniences.

We are grateful to be aware of your experience about the complimentary breakfast service. You can rest assured that our award winning Striphouse restaurant will take immediate corrective steps to address the issues.

We are truly disappointed that the cleanliness of the pool area and the maintenance of the Jacuzzi did not meet your expectations. We take great pride in providing our guests with a clean and comfortable environment and receive many compliments from our guests everyday on the upkeep of the hotel.

Our complimentary shuttles service operates based on availability and in most occasions it may require advance reservations. We apologize for not being able to accommodate some of the last minute requests. We know how important this amenity is to our business and leisure travelers. We value and strive to accommodate each and every guest’s shuttle requests equally. In an effort to do that, we realize that, it is necessary to limit our shuttle runs to a 5 mile radius.

We would like to point out that we have a beautiful patio located directly in the front of the hotel. We are proud to provide our guest with this relaxing outdoor space. We are very sorry that were not able to take advantage of this option.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We would welcome hearing from you about anything else we can improve ourselves on to help secure your confidence. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!