“Good food, nice people” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Good food, nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Went for breakfast...omelette was delicious. Took out a sandwich to have at the hotel for lunch and it also was delicious. People were nice also. I can see why it was so crowded.

Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
“Can't Go Wrong Eating Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We love the Ritz and eat here often. Great for breakfast, lunch and dinner (but not open late night).

The food is tasty and they give you huge portions (which is what a NJ diner's all about, right?).

Can't walk by their terrific bakery without ordering something for dessert.

The only problem is that when it's crowded (which is often on the weekends), they might try to rush you out. Just ignore them and sit there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A Very Good Diner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I love NJ diners and visited with family there for lunch. I ordered a lox and bagel platter and it was delicious! I asked for extra tomatoes and pickles, since I saw pickles on my husband's plate, they looked good and he wouldn't share....there was cole slaw in a bucket-type dish on the table, but lacked a spoon in it. The rice pudding was not as good as at the Hibernia Diner, 'though, since it was too "eggy" and too wet. My family ordered omelettes and salads. They were happy with their meals. I have been there before and would go back again iwhen in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
1,710 reviews 1,710 reviews
1,146 restaurant reviews
“Good food, good breakfast, crowded place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

It had been at least 30 years since I'd dined in this place. (Actually, it was called the Heritage Diner back then.) Anyway, this was kind of a neat return for me, as this restaurant is in my home town. The set-up of the inside is different today, but the feel of the place is about the same.

The Ritz has a very large diner, and offers a whole lot of different cuisines to meet your individual tastes. Since we stopped in for breakfast, I ordered a ham & cheese sandwich with hash browns. What I got was exactly as I expected; a nice omelet but REALLY nice hash browns. They have a way of browning the entire side of the taters to make them nice and crispy, just as I love them.

The service was good here, although rushed and not particularly friendly. (I don't mean that in a bad way, but she was too rushed to make pleasant talk.) Still, she was prompt and efficient.

This meal was good an well-worth the cost. I would gladly return for other meals in the future.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Livingston, New Jersey
“Great local diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have been here many times, but didn't think about a review because it's local. I usually review places I go to on vacation. I must apologize, because it's really a great place to eat. The salads and burgers are the best I've ever had. There is a huge menu, so there's something for everyone. You won't be disappointed. They were even on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" a few years ago for their apple pie. Enjoy!

Visited April 2014