“Stick with the steak.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Strip House in Livingston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 71 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Above Livingston Circle on Route 10
Transit: Wine Down Sundays Strip House Introduces "25 for $25" Wines
Description: Overview: Strip House is located at the Westminster Hotel in Livingston, New Jersey, near Newark International Airport and Manhattan. Strip House’s imaginative menu, executed by Chef Bill Zucosky, includes prime cuts of meat charred to perfection, signature side dishes such as truffle creamed spinach and goose fat potatoes, an extensive wine list and the famed 24-layer chocolate cake. Indulge in a seductive dining experience in the famed New Jersey steak house. The striking red interior, designed by David Rockwell, is decorated with black and white images of women photographed by Studio Manasse in the early 1900's in Vienna. “[Strip House] is a steakhouse par excellence.” – Star Ledger Private Dining: Strip House has a private dining room that reflects the ambiance of the main dining room and can accommodate up to 18 people. The room is equipped with plasma screens, PC connections and wireless Internet access. Our private room is available without a room rental fee. Valet parking is available as well as self-parking. Menus are printed for each individual private dining event. We are happy to personalize the menu by including the company name and logo. To further enrich your dining experience, you can choose additions such as Champagne toasts and specialty cakes created by our talented executive pastry chef. Restaurant buy-outs are also available.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Stick with the steak.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

As other reviewers have noted, the food quality may be variable but their steaks are good. We came for dinner one evening and my wife was not that hungry so she ordered two appetizers. The Lobster Bisque was a little thin and did not have much lobster meat but she enjoyed it nevertheless. She also got Oysters Rockefeller which she enjoyed. I had heard that the steak was good and the 15 oz strip I got was among the best I'd ever had; perfectly cooked and a good 2 inches thick. The side we tried (a potato dish) looked like the potatoes they had served on the breakfast buffet with some cheese and garlic sprinkled over them. To be fair the waiter had recommended another side but potatoes seem to go with steak. All in all a pleasant meal but not sure it was worth the price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

NJ
“Very good with caveat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I dined at the Strip House in July. We had never been there before. We were treated with courtesy. Our waiter was very professional. We liked the food very much. My caveat...they need to decide on the 'character' of the restaurant. What overall dining experience do they want to provide? Because (I think) this restaurant is the only one in the hotel. Therefore, you have people like us who live locally and wanted to enjoy a special dinner, and you have business people staying in the hotel who are on their computers while dining. There must have been five tables around us with computers open. If I want an elegant dining experience, I would not go back because I do not want to feel like I am sitting in Starbucks. The management has to decide on the overall dining experience, and possibly restrict computer use to the bar area. I don't think you can use your laptop while dining at Il Capriccio up the road.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Livingston, New Jersey
“The worst service I have ever had.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had dinner at The Strip House a few weeks ago.After being seated,we waited at least twenty minutes and still nobody came to take our order. I saw a man in a suit who seemed to work there,I told him how long we were waiting and he got a waiter to take our order. During the entire meal,the food took forever to arrive, and just getting our water glasses filled seemed like a major accomplishment. Our weeknight dinner lasted over three hours. I told the manager that this was the worst service that I had ever had. Really he asked as he walked away.
I will never go back to this restaurant. There is no excuse for such unbelievably rude and terrible service. The staff seems to actually dislike the customers. I would expect better service at a diner,let alone a restaurant with prices like this place has.If you are staying at the hotel,there are so many restaurants nearby,where they will treat you with respect,don't waste your time and money here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newton
“Manager is a condescending jerk.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

For our wedding night we were told that the bar would be open late night for our guests to have an after party after our wedding and that it would stay open even later than usual because there were two weddings stayin there. Then halfway through our wedding my husband got wind that the bar was actually closing early because it was a holiday and he was never told to stay open late. My husband spent 15 minutes at his own wedding on the phone with this ruthless Strip House manager who actually told him not to tell him how to run his business! Now our many guests who were staying here had to come back to see it closed. Both of us have worked in the restaurant industry and we both agreed that this awful restaurant manager could have bartended himself for an hour to fulfill these promises that were made to us from the hotel. There was another wedding staying here this night as well and they got screwed as well. To top it all off when my mother was checking in (the mother of the bride no less) as she started walking away she overheard the front desk women say, "This is why I hate weddings!" We were told that we could take our beers that we had to buy before getting there outside to a patio but then got yelled at two times for being to loud for other guests! Terrible and very embarrassing after we gave the hotel all of this business! The only positive was that the shuttles were timely and the transportation girl was helpful. Most hotels give you a free night stay for having guests book but they told us not unless we had 25 rooms booked. Still very disappointed!

Visited July 2013
“Soooo dark!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The food here is good with great steaks. On this occasion I had a great ribeye and it was perfectly cooked. The ambience, the furnishings and the service are not great and the bar area especially is ridiculously dark. If they could get the other things right then they will start getting 4 and 5 stars on here as long as they can maintain the quality of the food.

Visited June 2013