“Do NOT recommend!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Capri

You added Rodeway Inn Capri to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Capri
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1 Valley Road, Little Ferry, NJ 07643 (Formerly The Capri Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Little Ferry
“Do NOT recommend!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Walls are paper thin and our neighbors kept us awake till 5 am with their yelling and throwing things. I had booked 2 nights for a seminar I was attending in Manhattan. Although bed and bathroom looked clean the room smelled and it was very dingy. The hallways were gross. We checked out very next day. This is an hourly place. Not an economy stay. I will say the front desk was very apologetic and refunded the night we didn't stay without hesitation. Priceline shame on you. We bid on a hotel not a seedy motel. Thanks to Extended Stay America in Rutherford for giving us early check in this morning so my husband has a place to stay while I am at my seminar.and if this review seems scattered please remember I had no sleep...

• Stayed February 2014
Nepa G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Capri, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hello mizzpeterson,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for any inconvenience that you had during your stay at our hotel.

Again, as a manager and from our entire staffs we really apologize from the bottom of our heart for the horrible experience you experience at our hotel during your stay. I will personally promise you that this type of issue will never occur for any of our future guests. Also, we definitely want to give a good service for your future stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Weil am Rhein, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed at the Capri Inn for one week January 2014.
Certainly not luxurious but clean and comfortable. My room had two queen size beds, free wifi, microwave, fridge and cable TV. Great value for money.
It is very convenient as it is close to NJ Turnpike (I95) and I80. Also close to shops and restaurants.
If you want really good value for your money then stay here

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Nepa G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Capri, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hello jeturner7,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review. I am delighted to know that you were pleased with the services hotel Capri Inn, Little Ferry has to offer. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you in the near future.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Honestly, we were looking for the cheapest motels still in reach to New York City. Overall we stayed here for nine nights and I think our choice was good.There is a working microwave and refrigator in each room, the room was quite spacious, has TV, fast wi-fi and is cleaned daily. Also no problem with parking and a Japanese restaurant on site. The area is clean, it is a Korean quarter, everything is tidy and there is a laundry, supermarket and nice park with a small lake across the street. Also there is a bus stop nearby and you can be in 20 minutes in NYC if you are lucky. However, there are still some points that could be better. First, the breakfast is not a breakfast, it is a machine coffee and muffins right from the store. Who comes late, gets no muffins. Second, there are some people who obviously live in the hotel. They are not dangerous I guess, but there was one guy who kept on greeting me "sweetheart" everytime with the strange look, even I was pregnant and had a little son and husband with me! Third, the motel stinks as many of the rooms allow smoking. But still, I would go back for that price and comfort that was better than in many more expensive ones.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nepa G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Capri, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hello AndreaBelanova,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. It’s a pleasure to hear you had such a positive experience during your stay.

I am delighted to know that you were pleased with the services Capri Inn, Little Ferry has to offer. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly stay.

I do apologize for breakfast issue you had during you stayed. Many times as a manager and hotel team we are unable to notice these issues where our valuable guest able to help us. As a result, we will do our best to improve our service during the breakfast time. Again, we do apologize for any inconvenient you had during your stay.

Please excuse us this time as we are doing our greatest everyday to provide the best for our guests. We will definitely improve our mistakes and make sure they are not repeated in the future any more. We hope to see you again at our hotel soon. We appreciate your comments. Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Ok...yes it's an older building. Yes it is a little bit off the interstate. But we found the building in great shape, the staff friendly and not one area had any foul odors anywhere. And the price saved us enough that we still made out with our extra drives into NYC daily. AND there was a killer high end buffet attached. I mean really people, this was a nice place. We'll be back !

• Stayed December 2012
Little Ferry, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Well, I've been there for about a month after the awful Hurrican Sandy incident.
I actually live close to this motel.
There are many downfalls about this motel.
1.) the mattresses are like solid rock
2.) you can hear your fellow neighbors from upstairs and first floor
3.) the cleanliness is not that great to my opinion (especially the bathroom)
4.) some rooms had no internet access
5.) the decor is lacks creativity and needs improvement (in the room)
6.) the walls are paper and tear up
7.) there has to be more appropriate channels on television
8.) the blankets have an awful smell to them (probably cost like $1)
9.) Some staff are very tough and each one gives you a different price)
10.) The rooms need to be bigger
11.) unsafe area

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Little Ferry hotels

Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Close to NYC and the New Jersey Turnpike. A convenient location for travelers passing thru the area that may want to make a side trip into NYC. You can catch a bus near the hotel to get to NYC.

For this area, the hotel is probably mid-range in price and amenities. There are much worse places to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I often see reviews that criticize hotels for paper-thin walls, but I always discount them. I figure the reviewer had a bad experience with a loud neighbor. In the case of The Capri Inn, however, it is very true that the walls are like paper. I walked into my room and was convinced that a radio in my room was playing at a low level, but I finally figured out it was the TV next door. Each time I was in the bathroom, I heard my room door open and came flying out, only to discover my door was locked tight. I could hear other doors on the hall opening so clearly that I thought it was my room door. The room itself was OK, although the TV was hard to operate. I was kind of surprised that the management locked the lobby bathroom and gave out a key, which made me think there must be neighborhood issues. I don't think there were, and I think the management needs to stop that policy, as it puts the customer on edge from the very start. The chief virtue of this hotel is that it's near New York City but reasonable in price. I was speaking in Ridgefield Park, NJ, and as I drove over the bridge to that area, I had a spectacular view of Manhattan. I could see why the hotel was popular, despite the extremely thin walls. The price and proximity to New York were good.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs.