“Recommended for lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
North Wildwood, New Jersey
“Recommended for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great place for a birthday celebration if you like Asian fusion. A colleague said the sushi was good. I had the angry dragon plate, which I thought was excellent (see photo). The unique décor is probably worth noting.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Pleasantly surprised with this classy restaurant hidden in Linden, NJ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Layover for Newark NJ put us at the Hampton Inn in Linden. Next door was Dragonfly, a Japanese, Asian, fusion restaurant. Sushi, hibachi style cooking, or lovely looking seafood dishes all looked yummy. We chose the self cooking hibachi style which reminds us of Hawaii. Reasonably priced combo included, beef, chicken, shrimp and veggies to grill. Quite enough food. Dessert, also included, are Somore's. cute idea...tough to execute.
The decor is very nice, engaging to look at while dining, including two very large fish tanks. My main issue was the TV in the bar was too loud and playing music I really didn't care to hear during dinner.
It's easy to get to and worth a try if you're in the Newark/Linden area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carteret, New Jersey
“Worst service I've ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I came here on a Saturday afternoon with my boyfriend and had the worst service of my life. We walked in, waited to be seated, were stared at by staff instead of sat (the restaurant was empty) then the hostess asked us if we wanted a table...um yeah I'm not here for you to stare at me. Anyway, we were finally sat, the waiter did not come for 10 minutes when he got there we were ready. I asked if it was still happy hour and he said yes, so we ordered a bunch of apps, sushi, and drinks. He read back our order and everything was fine. Now, I ordered a glass of Chardonnay and he brought out Cabernet. No big deal. I ordered a wonton soup he brought me a hot and sour soup. We ordered all sushi rolls with no cucumber, THEY ALL HAD CUCUMBER. WTF! We ordered edamame, that was completely forgotten. The server didn't come back to check on us until we were done. Really? The person that fixed his mistakes was the food runner because he didn't bother to come by once. I don't understand how a server can write down our order, repeat it accurately and still manage to screw up everything we ordered. To top it off, nothing was discounted on the bill (I thought you said it was still happy hour?) I told him there was a mistake and he came back saying he can't discount anything because happy hour is only at the bar. I was LIVID. If he would have told me this when I asked him, obviously I would have sat at the bar and nit to mention avoided his horrible service. I told him its not my problem because I asked when we first got there and he got it discounted for me.i go out to eat a lot and I never take the time out to write negative reviews on restaurants but I feel like I had to. I can't believe how we were treated here and I will NEVER go back and tell my friends to do the same. If the restaurant was busy I would cut him some slack, but it was DEAD we were his only table! If you're thinking if eating here I recommend kona grill in Woodbridge. Food is excellent and service is phenomenal... Not too far from dragonfly and similar ambience.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Union, New Jersey
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

YUM YUM YUM. I love everything about this place. Fantastic atmosphere (the funky jellyfish lights are the coolest I have ever seen) and a beautiful outdoor patio. If you sit at the bar there's a 50% off Happy Hour on all sushi & appetizers.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“A bit expensive for what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

After a long day at Jersey Gardens, I didn't feel like cooking dinner. I had heard good things about Dragonfly, and it was on our way back to Perth Amboy. The restaurant looks really nice when you enter, however, service (at least on this visit) was not fast, or friendly. I passed on the sushi as it was overpriced, in my opinion. I settled on the lemongrass with mushrooms and shrimp, which was OK, but the portion was small.

• Visited May 2013