“2 Visits, Horrible Service Each Time” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 74 Restaurants in Lawrenceville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Robbinsville, New Jersey, United States
“2 Visits, Horrible Service Each Time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've visited this establishment twice, approximately 18 months apart. BOTH TIMES the service was absolutely horrible.

The first time, after waiting for a table, it took 45 minutes just for the appetizers to come out. Had to ask multiple times for drink refills. Finished our appetizers, and 20 minutes later our entrees were not yet out. Asked our server (when we finally found her) what the deal was, and she said "it will be right out." 10 minutes goes by, and still nothing. Ask again, and it's the same, "They will be right out." By this time, the table next to us had been seated nearly a full hour after we were, ordered, and already had their entrees. Wait 10 more minutes, and still nothing. Finally had enough. Went to the host desk, and asked for our bill for the appetizers so we could leave. Management pleaded with us to stay and enjoy a complimentary meal on them. We politely declined and they told us the appetizers were on them (which was the least they could do considering we were seated for close to 90 minutes and there was no sign of our food).

Fast forward to earlier tonight. We were planning dinner to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. Asked her where she wanted to go (she was with me for the above mentioned dinner). She said she was in the mood for Elements Asia. Even though I had reservations about giving them another try, you don't say no to your girlfriend on her birthday. We figured we would give the place the benefit of the doubt (everyone has a bad night every now and then) and give them another chance.

We walk in just after 7:00 PM on a weeknight, and are seated right away. The restaurant is half full at best (previous visit was on a Friday night). Once seated, it takes 10 minutes just for a server to make an appearance at our table. By now, we knew what we wanted to eat and placed our order. Server leaves. 15 more minutes go by, and there are no drinks delivered to our table. One of the managers stops by to replace tableware on an adjacent table, and we have to ask where our drinks are. No apology from them, just an "I'll go check." Server shows up five minutes later with our drinks. Apologizes and states that appetizers will be right out. Ten minutes later, the first of two appetizers shows up. Five minutes later, he comes out with the second. An empty drink glass is ignored. One of the girls clearing tables finally notices it, and comes over to ask if I need a refill. Once our appetizers are done, we wait another 10 minutes. Server comes up again (to his credit he did apologize multiple times for the wait) and asks what we ordered. Huh? Dinner should be out any minute and you are just now confirming what we ordered? That was the last we saw of him. Food comes out with another employee five minutes later. Nobody checks back to ask us how the food is. Same girl has to come back and offer us dessert and another round of refills. We ask for the bill, pay, and leave. On a positive note, at least we got to eat dinner this time around.

As for the food and decor ... both were good. Those are the only reasons they even got two stars. But, neither is worth the trip when the service is consistently this lousy. Not just once, but twice. They were a big 0 for 2. There is nothing spotty about it ... it is just plain HORRIBLE, and very few members of the staff ... from management to the bus personnel ... seem to have the awareness to notice it. It's like they don't even care how poor the service is untl you become visibly upset. The hosts/hostesses are off in their own little world. Once you are seated, forget about them noticing anything. In most establishments, they are usually the team leaders. At Elements Asia, nobody really seems to care until it is too late.

Don't get me wrong ... My girlfriend and I are not demanding customers. We are always polite and respectful. All we ask for is to act like you care about the service you are providing. My first job, at 16 years old, was waiting tables. I know it isn't easy, and I tip accordingly when a server does a good job. But, there is absolutely NO excuse for the poor level of service this restaurant shows its customers.

They burned us twice. There won't be a third. We are staying away from Elements Asia, and so should anyone else who values good customer service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ewing, New Jersey, United States
“Fabulous Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I attended a birthday dinner here with 14 people. The service was fast, food was delicious and prices were reasonable. Very attentive waiters!

Visited April 2012
“Best for miles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

Great for both traditional plates and their own blends of cousine. Orange beef is to die for. The whole menu is, actually. great for takeout and the interior is fabulous for a sitdown meal. Been frequenting Elements since they first opened.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Solid Sushi/BYO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

The food is always fresh here, and it's nice that it's BYO. The check is always reasonable, which I love. REALLY good sushi. The service can be spotty. The decor is clean, if a tad retro for my taste. Overall, this restaurant is on my regular rotation. It's a keeper.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
“Byob with amazing sushi, must try green tea ice cream.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012 via mobile

The sushi here is amazing, I suggest getting the sushi boats if you have about 3 or more people. Big variety of types of rolls and signature rolls. Service is great, and the atmosphere is kind of a futuristicy kind of feel to it. It's byob so remember to bring something with you, and I suggest the green tea ice cream after dinner

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere