“Good Food / Poor Service” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 40 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Flemington, New Jersey
“Good Food / Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The food is always great here, but service can be slow. Cash only - no credit cards (unless you order from the bar, which is a separate restaurant, and can make things VERY confusing if you are not familiar with them).

Visited April 2012

Trenton, New Jersey
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food at Tortuga's is consistently good. We are regulars and love to order the Enchiladas Supremas and Nachos when there. Service is okay. The restaurant area is small so the wait can be lengthy and making a reservation may not help. We waited 30 mins... with a reservation - so not sure about that reservation process - but the meal can be worth it. Chips and salsa are good and provided free but portion is very small and they don't readily offer free refills like many mexican restaurants. Regardless the food is fresh and well prepared.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lambertville, New Jersey
“great food, comfortable atmosphere and good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If my schedule allowed it, I would eat here daily. Being that Mexican food is one of my favorites combined with that I like to eat locally, Tortuga's keeps sucking me back in for more. The food is always well prepared and plentiful. Everything is fresh and the decor is cozy and accommodates just about any group (young family or group of friends.)
I almost always get the Fish Tacos which are prepared better than anywhere else I've tried them but I will every once in a while jump on one of their listed specials on the blackboard and I have never been disappointed with any selection. The grilled chicken on the salad that my wife usually orders always has a nice grilled texture and flavor. Since she doesn't eat it all I will insist on taking home the doggie bag so I can eat it for breakfast the next morning. I've had the fajitas which are extremely flavorful among other items from the menu. I'll never hesitate to recommend it to my friends and family as many of them have been turned on to Tortuga's

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Best Mexican Food on the East Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I'm a regular here. Funky Mexican restaurant attached to an old school Irish bar - both are authentic, nothing contrived, and it's a beautiful marriage. Always hopping. Broad menu of all common Mexican food and many uncommon dishes. Moles are phenomenal, fish dishes are fresh, the standards are done as well as you'll find anywhere east of Texas. I always leave with a happy belly and a smile on my face. Damn near perfect. If there was a little more garlic in the guacamole, I'd move in.

Visited February 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
“Fantastic Mexican food in beautiful Lambertille!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here with a small group of friends last night. We ordered the special, and regular fish tacos. Both far exceeded our expectations. Service was fast and friendly, the ambiance reminds us of a cozy authentic Mexican cantina. We've eaten here many times and never disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere