“Rejuvenating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lambertville
Morrisville
“Rejuvenating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed 1 night in King Carriage house, exquisite linens, whirlpool tub, tasteful and pleasing comfortable decor, upscale bath items, plush robes, in room wine / snacks, friendly and competent staff, super clean room. Normally, when we stay at a hotel I clean the tub before soaking, not this night. This stay was perfect, relaxing, pure pleasure. Walk to everything, dine in the on location restaurant - we enjoyed a delicious breakfast. Will be back for more, more, more! Pamper yourself, you deserve it!

Room Tip: Carriage house suites have private entrance and are not in the main building. If you value privacy...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I will start this review off by saying that neither my husband nor I are complainers in the least...we see the good in everything over the bad and set our expectations accordingly. There are definitely some good notes to be recognized in this review...However, we were overall, disappointed in our stay here this past weekend, especially having read some of the other great reviews. I had emailed the Innkeeper earlier in the week to give her the heads up that we had had a rough time with a family issue and given my husband's birthday was this weekend, wanted to really relax and forget about life for a while. She responded immediately and I thought we would be on our way to a great stay. Upon arrival, which granted was early, we were greeted by a really nice gentleman who wished my husband happy birthday (yay he remembered I said something earlier) and gave us a parking pass so we could park and walk around while our room was prepared. Great! My history buff husband did ask someone else at the front desk about the sign that said "Historical Site" on the wall and he was told "Oh I really don't know anything about that." Ok, strange, but not a big deal. And off we went to explore the town. When we came back at around 5pm to check in, there was a different person at the front desk. She seemed really unhappy, not rude (yet) but we could NOT get her to crack a smile or give us any warmth at all...Ok, again, not a big deal. As my husband went to check out the bar area, she asked me to confirm my address, which was wrong in the computer. I let her know my zip code as she requested and she insisted that the town and state the computer was generating MUST be right and I was wrong. Like I dont know my own zip code. The entire time, I told her it wasn't a big deal and I am sure we can get it right, and she got very huffy about the whole thing. This is a common theme we noticed from the staff...getting very flustered when things didn't go exactly right. We are VERY easygoing and are respectful of people who work with the public so every incident was peppered by us with "NO problem, relax" to no avail. Then we got to our room, which was lovely AND clean. AND we found a nice birthday note with a complimentary drink card for the downstairs bar. VERY cool and appreciated. Ok, we were back on track. We relaxed and enjoyed the room a bit, then changed and got ready to go out for the evening. Again downstairs we saw the front desk person, not smiling, and asked her about turndown service and she reminded us she had told us earlier it was from 5-8 only. We confirmed that we would get our service providing we didn't leave our "do not disturb" on the door, which we didn't, and figured all would be well. I will add that the front desk person did make an effort to find us an umbrella so we didn't have to go all the way back up to our room, which we appreciated. She didn't find one, but at least put the effort in. Then we hit the bar for our complimentary drink and to start our weekend. My husband saw a bowl of freshly poured peanuts and asked the bartender if he could grab them for our table. The bartender got flustered and snapped "Sir, your server will bring you some!" again, seeming like we "bucked their system" and how dare we ask for something special. Again, no big deal.... So we left for the evening. Upon returning to our room at about midnight, it was hot and we had to spend about 15 minutes playing with the A/C to get it to feel like it was regulating. Yes, it was a warm evening and I know its an old building. Then we hit the hay, only to realize our "luxury king" bed was actually TWO twins shoved together with a piece of foam covering the space in the middle. ALSO, they weren't the same height! We couldn't have noticed this when we first got in, but when you pulled back the comforter and actually got into the bed you noticed if you roll from one side to another, that it was a significant drop if I wanted to roll over and hug my spouse! It was also very uncomfortable and the sheets were very rough on my skin. My husband noticed this first, so its not me being a picky girl. Needless to say, between getting up every hour to regulate the air, and the uncomfortable bed, I got about 4 hours of sleep. So much for a relaxing weekend. I will add that I took a bath in the awesome jacuzzi tub, and that was wonderful. The bathrooms were really nice, clean and well equipped with plenty of towels which came in handy since we didn't get any turndown service to replace the used towels from the showers we took before going out. The next day, we got up and went down for breakfast, which was really yummy. Figuring this was not a B&B we knew we would have to pay for it..ok, fine. It was pretty pricey ($56) but worth it. After breakfast, my husband went over to what we thought was the coffee bar for the public and asked for "to go" cups. The staff member told him this was "her area" and basically not to touch anything. Upon checking out, the front desk finally asked me "How was your stay?" I told her it was just ok and complained about the bed. Her response was "Well, maybe next time we can make sure you have a better bed". Again, given that I spent over $300 for one night, I would have expected ALOT more. If this were a Motel-6 or something, sure you get what you pay for, but at this price, I was very disappointed. (I did appreciate the efforts on behalf of the innkeepers to help us celebrate the birthday and don't want to discount that at all.)

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here for our anniversary for the past three years, and we LOVE it! The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, and the hotel is just beautiful. The food in the restaurant is always delicious, and the room service is amazing, as well. Even though it's a bit expensive, we both find that it's worth it to splurge on this hotel because of its charm, cozy feeling and friendly atmosphere. If I had to give one complaint, it would be that the beds are a tad too firm. Besides that, we adore the Lambertville House and we look forward to going back this October for our 5 year anniversary!

Room Tip: Even though it's more expensive, I would splurge for the King room if you can! :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We live very close to Lambertville but never took the time to stay there for an overnight visit. I am so glad that we went to the Lambertville House. It is a lovely setting, our king room was so luxurious and comfortable with nice little amenities that made our stay even better. We had cocktails in the Left Bank bistro on the first floor and breakfast the next day outside, while people watching. I felt like a tourist - it was great. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. On-site parking made it easy, with walking distance to everything else Lambertville has to offer.

Room Tip: There is street noise if your room faces Bridge Street. We didn't mind it but some people may.
Clinton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed overnight for a business conference. Lambertville was a fun town. The rooms are pretty and the beds are comfortable! There were some issues with AC, but the staff was attentive. There were not hair dryers in everyone room as listed on the web. This could have been an issue had I not brought my own. Overall positive experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at the Lambertville House for one night. Thank you to management for donating a gift card to the Taste of Lambertville Fundraiser two years ago, or we probably would have ended up at a B&B in New Hope instead. We are now sold on this Inn and will be back! Our room was one of the Queen balcony rooms available and fortunately, we ended up with the larger of the two. Beautifully decorated hotel as was our room, wonderful, welcoming staff, very good breakfast (we upgraded to the B&B package.)

Room Tip: We chose the queen balcony so we could overlook the activities on the street. If you are looking for...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Again Lambertville House was the perfect choice. This time for a weekend honeymoon for our son and his bride! The staff could not have been more kind or thoughtful, They sent a special welcome to the couple on arrival and champagne and strawberries during their stay.
As this is our families' favorite spot in Lambertville it was again,the perfect choice. The rooms with jacuzzi, and balcony are romantic. Of course all of New Hope and Lambertville are just outside.
Add the bar and restaurant, and it makes this a complete, romantic, convenient destination.

Room Tip: Just ask, they will give you their best available!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lambertville House Hotel? Share your experiences!