“Nice place. Great bar. Worth it” 5 of 5 stars

The Lambertville House Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   32 Bridge Street, Lambertville, NJ 08530   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lambertville
Dewey Beach, Delaware
“Nice place. Great bar. Worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Pleasant stay. Had no issues. Staff went above and beyond to make the night special. Good food and drink at the bar. Much more than expected from this "boutiquey" hotel. A touch on the pricey side but I was in a pinch and it was worth it in my opinion.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have made reservations to stay at Lambertville House Hotel for New Year's Eve. We frequently have lunch or dinner and drinks in the restaurant there. Last year, we had decided to spend Christmas in the charming towns of Lambertville and New Hope, both of which we have always loved. We chose Lambertville House Hotel, our favorite. It turned out to be a necessity due to a broken pipe in the big family house. In retrospect, our family spent one of the best Christmas celebrations ever, all together, we sat in the conservatory, smiling, opening our gifts. We realized that the Lambertville House Hotel had provided us with a 'home for Christmas' feeling and allowed us to be together. And that after all is the most important thing. It snowed, lightly.
We hope it does the same for you. There is time to make a reservation, before they book up!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, I am sure, but there are ones with giant jacuzzi rooms. That can make a wo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Saddle River, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

After a long car ride, I was anxious to get to my hotel room. When I arrived at the hotel, the parking lot was full. I am not quite sure why but this hotel does catering and has a restaurant. I do not think that they reserve the parking spaces for the hotel guests. I was told to park about a half to a quarter of a mile away. I was horrified. I was handed a map of where to go. I thought that they must be kidding. I went to the spot and was not even sure I was in the correct place. The hotel should either reserve the lot for overnight guests, or valet park. I was forced to walk through town with my luggage.
The next morning my husband asked for an early wakeup call. He called the front desk to tell them he didn't need the call and please do not disturb his wife. Instead the desk calls the room back to tell him they cancelled the call. Needless to say, I was awoken.
I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nazareth, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night, day two of an anniversary weekend trip to the Lambertville/New Hope area.

The "Highs": An historic, charming, well appointed "period hotel" in a perfect location. We ate in the Left Bank Libations bar, which is a really cool place. Food and drinks were excellent and reasonably priced. The young man who took our order, and who was also working tirelessly as the bartender, was patient - we were first time customers who needed time to check settle in and check out our options as there is also a full menu BYO downstairs). Front desk staff were very personable. They graciously let me do the check-in paperwork early so we could park in the lot and go explore Lambertville and New Hope while they got our room ready, then called my cell to let me know when we could get in to the room. We couldn't be seated for breakfast (we added the B&B option for $20, which we would recommend) until after 10 am, and they gave us more time to check out without blinking an eye. The bed in our room, a 2nd Floor "Luxury Queen" was very comfortable.

The "Lows": The room, itself, seemed a little out of step with the "Inn" type of enviroment of the rest of the hotel, fairly non-descript. A table-top ironing board seemed like a cheap option and was difficult to use. Both an air-conditioner and a dehumidifier were running at the same time upon our arrival. We had to empty the bucket once and left it full at checkout. It was hard to get the room at a comfortable and consistent temperature, and you don't expect to have to manage this stuff at $300 plus per night. And, having noted above the positives about the bar/grill, there were some difficulties there as well. The other staff was harried and somewhat put-off by questions. When our server/bartender guy was helping other guests, they were not all that eager to do the same (trying to be kind here). At breakfast, there was some sort of short-staff/high demand situation. The woman in charge sounded like she was about to lose it and made us feel like we were really screwing things up by showing up for breakfast. Eventually, she mellowed out but, by that point, we were just happy to finish breakfast and get on the road.

The Lambertville House Hotel offers a wonderful atmosphere and is in a perfect location. There were certainly good points to our stay, especially the front desk staff and the ambience. That we could not even get in until a cancellation just a few days before our planned trip speaks volumes about the hotel's popularity. The lows just made us feel that the hotel fell short of a "Select Registry" experience.

Room Tip: Plan your stay well in advance. This hotel, and the better rooms, in particular, are in very high d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We tried the restaurant for lunch and were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and accommodating (I brought a small baby). The menu wasn't overly extensive but what we ordered my delicious and the portion size was just right. I would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The Lamberville House was a perfect experience all around! My husband and I had our close family and friends stay there when we were married years ago, and decided to go back for Easter. It was such a relaxing experience from the professional staff to the accommodations. We highly recommend The Lambertville House, and look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed April 2012
Cornwall, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

So very nice! My husband and I stopped by for drinks and appetizers. The service was excellent. We sat outside on the porch and it was great! Can't wait to return for dinner! The bathroom was very clean and all the people who worked inside the Inn were excellent. Will definitely go back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lambertville House Hotel? Share your experiences!