“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Lambertville, New Jersey, United States
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My recent meal at Ricks was quite disappointing. The complementary white bean dip which has always been amazingly good had no taste whatsoever and was quite thin.........definitely not the same dip that has drawn us to Ricks in the past. The flounder francese was so-so, and the lobster in the lobster Fra Diavolo was over cooked. For a much better Italian meal try DeAnna's a few blocks away on N Franklin Street for wonderful Italian food.. And right next door is their new take-out shop which has a mostly pasta menu but with a couple of other daily special items as well.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Richboro, Pennsylvania
“Nice, Friendly Little Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I ate here during Restaurant Week with our two twenty-something children. We really enjoyed it. Some of the reviewers complained about how they handle reservations. They have a sign-in sheet. The waiters (no hostess) work their way down the list and, as far as I could tell, do not prioritize reservations. We only waited five minutes, so it was no big deal.
My wife had chicken piccata, my daughter had ravioli and my son and I had braciole. The food was good and the portions were ample. None of us could finish the meal, an unusual occurrence for my son and me.
The waitress was both pleasant and attentive. It was a really satisfying dining experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newtown, Pa
“Tucked Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The first thing I noticed was the Trip Advisor sticker posted by the door. I knew it would be good.

Dining on a tuesday night here is a good thing. Lines out the door and waiting is more a weekend event. We certainly had our servers attention and she made some suggestions as to what we should consider ordering. I was dissappointed that it was BYO, but there is a fine wine and liquor store nearby. We had their salad , which was enough for us to share. I ordered stuffed flounder and my husband a pasta and seafood dish and for desert a just backed apple tarte. We enjoyed our dinner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Franklin Park, New Jersey
“Homey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The great thing about Rick's is that you can order off the regular menu for some delicious home style Italian, with a flair. You can also expect fabulous blackboard specials. Whichever you choose, the food is yummy. My one small complaint was the rushed service. However, it was a Saturday night and I understand the need to move parties through.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Nice Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Have been here multiple times with friends, my teenage children and just my wife and I. Have had a wonderful meal and experience every time. Folks just need to be realistic that on a Saturday "date night" there is going to be a wait. Some folks do seem to be able to call in reservations - I guess you just need to be in the know or a long time regular.

Visited November 2012