“Lackluster meal” 2 of 5 stars

609-397-7400
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
D'Floret Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Lambertville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Lackluster meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had dinner at d'floret on New Years Eve- it was early (7PM) and the restaurant is very sweet to look at- great ceiling lighting and table arrangements.

We lived in NYC for over 30 years and enjoy good food , and we have found it in Lambertville, but not at this restaurant. The salad I ordered was good- nothing special and the goat cheese tart was mediocre. The scallops were good but the red snapper, served atop a tomato concoction was tasteless and and they must have forgotten to "sear" it as stated on the menu. Not a vegetable or potato in sight although I thought the menu read otherwise.

The menu is set up with all appetizers/salads at $10 or $15 and entrees at $25. When we got the bill, the scallops were $32 and when we questioned the waiter, he said they were priced at market value- never saw that on the menu. If the food had been better, we would not have been bothered by the extra dollars, but we were very disappointed with this restauarant and won't go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ringoes, New Jersey
“A Great New Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We found this in a newspaper article from the Star Ledger and decided to stop by. The menu is limited but we all really enjoyed our meals. The restaurant is very small so it's not a good spot for young children but great for adults. My husband had a delicious fettuccine with lobster. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the sauce was outstanding with a slight hint of Tahitian vanilla. The crab spring roll appetizer was very tasty with lots of crab meat. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the slow cooked Cajun chicken was very moist and tasty. We will definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Flemington, NJ
“Sadly disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I went there Saturday night with another couple who had been told that dining at this restaurant was truly an extraordinary culinary experience. My first course was very promising -- a soup made with Lobster and cream that would have been quite excellent if only it had been a bit hotter. My husband's appetizer -- gnocchi with mushrooms was good, but not exceptional. I requested the red snapper with ratatouille as entree, but was told they were substituting cod that night. (We were not told about the substitution earlier, and the menu is quite limited!) I generally order fish when I dine out, so, I figured I would try it. Unfortunately, the fish was tasteless, undercooked, and barely warm. At least the ratatouille was pretty good, so I had something to eat. (The rolls served that night were little squishy, tasteless pieces of dough.) My husband said that his veal bolognese was just OK, and would never order it again even at half the price. Our friends said their salmon was good, but not worth returning for. By the time the waiter came over to our table and saw that most of my cod was still sitting on my plate, everyone else had finished their entree. (He never came over to check on us after the entrees were served, and I hadn't been able to get his attention, in the tiny, noisy, overcrowded, characterless room they call a "restaurant".) He offered to bring me something else, but, by then, it was too late. And, there certainly won't be a "next time. . . ."

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Dennis Foy Returns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have long been a fan of Dennis Foy's restaurants and have eaten at most of them. The food is always fresh, expertly prepared and the service is great. With my Navy buddies we tried it for lunch last week and it was great. Small & intimate with an open kitchen I enjoyed a terrific wild mushroom soup and the d'Floret Burger. This is a perfectly cooked burger with an over easy egg on top served on a Kaiser. Delicious. If the restaurant were closer than 50 miles away I would be a regular.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Princeton, New Jersey
“Good food and accommodates one very picky vegetarian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This restaurant serves up very good food in an intimate yet convivial atmosphere; it's as if you're having dinner in a kitchen-family room with friends cooking for you. We've been there several times with friends -- who are wine enthusiasts and are enthusiastic about being able to bring their own wine. Everyone has had a good experience. I personally am taken with Estella's warm, welcoming and constant smile; she seems genuinely happy to have you dine as guests in her "home".

As a vegetarian it's hard to find a chef who is willing to accommodate me and not just provide the typical steamed or grilled vegetables. Dennis went out of his way to find out what I liked and didn't like and created a dish of buckwheat soba noodles with edamame and walnuts. Delicious. For an appetizer I had a haricot verde salad with tomatoes. (This past summer Dennis prepared a fresh tomato appetizer that was a work of art in the different colors of tomatoes he used -- Jersey of course -- carefully arranging them, adding some fresh basil and just the right amount of olive oil and wine vinegar.)

My husband had the seared red snapper with grilled fennel and Parisian potatoes. For desert we had a dish of NJ mixed berries with creme anglaise. Looking forward to the summer time when they are adding a patio to sit outside. K Arons

Visited November 2012