“Cozy, tucked away place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
morristown, nj
“Cozy, tucked away place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Small setting (so go early or late) and tranquil. Interesting middle Eastern food above and beyond hummus, falafel, etc. My husband loved the Ouzi (spelling?)---it had rice and veggies and cheese (feta or other options)- you could pick the meat or go without--in a baked Phyllo dough. They also had flatbread pizzas which were good as a meal or as an appetizer to share. I would definitely go back and we want to bring friends to experience it with us.

• Visited June 2013

Morristown, NJ
“Try it -- you'll love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I loved this place. The food was outstanding. Every dish was delicious. Although we live an hour's drive away, we can't wait to go back and explore the menu further. By way of background, I am of Greek ancestry and am familiar with Middle Eastern cuisine, which is similar to Greek cuisine. We had two appetizers and an entrée. The lentil soup was simply the best I've ever had in my life. Thicker and heartier than I'm accustomed to, and a real revelation. I don't like lentil soup when it's too watery, but I don't want it to be like a stew, either. This was perfect. The stuffed grape leaves were delightful. Simply the tastiest vegetarian stuffed grape leaves I've ever had. Wow. By the way, each appetizer comes with excellent pita. The entrée was chicken pitza, which was excellent. For dessert we had halwa with labna (yogurt), which reminded me of Greek pistachio halva (I'm sure they share the same roots), except this wasn't as dry as halva. The arabian coffee was frankly not to my liking; I prefer the Greek coffee. This is a small, cozy place, with an energetic and somewhat youthful vibe. The prices are reasonable. The only downside is that the staff is stretched too thin -- they need to hire some more people. The staff was friendly and helpful, just short-handed. We arrived at 9:10 PM on a Saturday evening and had to wait about half an hour; they are quite popular. BYOB.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
fanwood, nj
“mellow and yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A very special place. Tucked away, and quiet. We went with a big crowd for lunch and was lucky to get tables. Very cozy, decorated delightfully-felt like we were in Morracco. Loved the copper tabletops! The food couldn't have been better. Try the mint tea and the pitas fresh off the grill. Even the kids liked it. The wait staff was super friendly, but slow. Don't come here if you are in a hurry.

• Visited February 2013
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Great Middle Eastern food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food is excellent and the price is reasonable. Due to the popularity it gets crowed and there can be a wait. It is a BYOB and there is a liquor store just a few blocks away.

Visited May 2013
garden state travellers
“Frequent Customers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Im glad we found this place, it's off the main street, but not too far. I rate middle eastern cuisine based on their hummus and baba ganoush. My husband rates places based on their schwarma. This place is pretty consistent & we happily return whenever we're in the area. Healthier choice before or after a bikeride along the canal. Gets pretty busy on weekend evenings.

• Visited July 2013