“Excellent service and exceptional food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The love of family, friends and great food is a tradition for the Egoavils.Having relocated to the United States from Peru in 1992, they sought the opportunities their new home offered. They have now realized their family dream of owning and operating their own restaurant. El Tule was previously the home of another restaurant offering Mexican fare. The Egoavil Family has infused the eatery with a vibe all its own. El-Tule’s Mexican-Latin fusion includes traditional Mexican offerings as well as the addition of Peruvian menu items. Peruvian food has been gaining momentum among foodies across the nation, and prior to El Tule was extremely hard to find in the Delaware Valley. El Tule offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Guests may bring their own wine or alcohol of choice. Our patio is dog friendly.Subpages
Flemington, NJ
“Excellent service and exceptional food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Made a reservation and was seated fairly promptly by friendly staff. Started with free chips and dips which were very good and offered a second round of the same at no charge. Extremely courteous staff throughout and amazing food. Loved the Taboule Quinoa appetizer that I shared with my DH - amazing flavors. I had Ceviche Palteado and DH had Ceviche Mixto and we were both extremely pleased with our choices. I now understand the meaning of scintillating your tastebuds. We ended the evening with the most delicious flan I have ever eaten, and I know flan. I enjoyed this culinary experience so much that I wanted to hug the chef!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“not satisfied”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I went here with my fiance on what I hoped would be a very nice dinner but unfortunately that was not the case. I moved to the area a year ago and for the past 8 or so months I have been wanting to try El Tule based on reviews and my interest in Peruvian food. We arrived a little after 8:00 pm when the rush seemed to be dying down and were seated on the patio right away. I waited 15 minutes before asking a server if they were aware that we had been waiting for a waitress which they were not because the patio was staffed with 2 waitresses and we were in the middle of 2 sections so there was some confusion. We placed our drink and appetizer order and a few minutes later a different waitress came by to take our entree order. After a 92 minute wait we were asked if we wanted dessert and we stated that we were still waiting on our entrees which we had expressed several times with our original waitress. 20 minutes later our entrees came out and they were okay. Nothing exciting about the Picante de Camarones. My fiancee ordered the Red Snapper and Crab Meat Tacu Tacu on recommendation from the waitress and trip advisor. He did not care for the entree and ate very little. The waitress did not ask why he ate so little and dor why he did not want a to go box, she just replied "awesome" whenever we said something. Since we had expressed some irritation I expected the manager to check with us to see that everything was fine but upon departure he had not done so and I was unable to find him. Also, I expected the waitress to apologize and/or comp even our appetizer. Not the case. Will not recommend this to friends or family due to lack of service and price of food that was not up to price standards.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Nice selections”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I really liked the selections available on the menu. The waiter was very nice and the atmosphere was bright and colorful. Everything we ordered was very good except the fried pork was a little chewy. Not sure why. Everything else was great. I would go back...

• 3 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Very unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I enjoyed the blend of Mexican and Peruvian style food. But I think the Mexican was a tad bit better the night we visited. I had one of the specials which was a skirt steak and rice patty mix with vegetables. I took me a few bites to get used to the steak; it was unlike any I have ever tasted! Different, but in a good way. We ate outside on one of the rare comfortable nights. I found it a romantic place to be once the sun went down. I recommend for couples and older children.

Visited July 2013
“Great place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Food, service and atmosphere are great. If you bring your own pisco, they'll make a mean pisco sour.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere