“#1 Ranking Clearly Deserved in a Great Restaurant Town” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 38 restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The love of family, friends and great food is a tradition for the Egoavils.Having relocated to the United States from Peru in 1992, they sought the opportunities their new home offered. They have now realized their family dream of owning and operating their own restaurant. El Tule was previously the home of another restaurant offering Mexican fare. The Egoavil Family has infused the eatery with a vibe all its own. El-Tule’s Mexican-Latin fusion includes traditional Mexican offerings as well as the addition of Peruvian menu items. Peruvian food has been gaining momentum among foodies across the nation, and prior to El Tule was extremely hard to find in the Delaware Valley. El Tule offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Guests may bring their own wine or alcohol of choice. Our patio is dog friendly.Subpages
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“#1 Ranking Clearly Deserved in a Great Restaurant Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We're locals (just across the river) and I pass by this place frequently. There's a 5 star Mexican restaurant (Tortuga's - go there, too !) in town so I wasn't in a rush to come here. Tortuga's satisfies all my Mexican food dreams and I didn't know much about Peruvian cuisine. Looking for something different on a rainy February night, I got a reservation here after checking TripAdvisor and looking at the menu. In short, it was a great meal in every way. Small, cozy place with a comfortable vibe, family run by nice folks who are clearly happy and proud. On a jam-packed Saturday night, we were seated exactly on time for our reservation. We ate from the Peruvian side of the menu. Apps/salads had a very wide variety. Too cold out for ceviche, so I had a quinoa/avocado salad (there are several variations on the menu - mine had mint, potatoes, avocado, greens and a spicy dressing). Creative presentation (quinoa molded as a pyramid, greens, etc) on the side, generous portion, and exquisite taste. My wife had an equally delicious stuffed avocado. For an entree, I had a piece of snapper over a bean puree (tacccu taccu) topped with crabmeat in a slightly spicy sauce. Again, a great piece of fresh fish with a generous portion, subtle flavor, and great presentation. My wife had a somewhat spicier snapper dish with a tomato/olive sauce resembling a pizzaiola. Again, delicious. It's BYO (stores nearby if you need). Prices are more than reasonable - a great meal for about half the cost of the same Philly or NYC. My wife and I are both fitness oriented and this isa great place to enjoy a meal that's delicious, interesting, and healthy at the same time ordering straight off the menu. This place will go in our regular rotation.

86% Recommend
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Small but superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Cozy atmosphere in winter, I imagine it is wonderful to eat on the porch in summer. We chose El Tule after reading about it in Suburban Life. They are one of the 25 restaurants winning the 2013 Golden Fork award. I would say well deserved. We shared the Palta a La Reina ($13.50):
half of an avocado stuffed with your choice of shrimp, chicken or vegetables, served with red onions, tomatoes and marinated with fresh cilantro-lime dressing. Then I had the Trilogy Ceviche and Judith had the evening special, a skirt steak with plantains and potatoes. We stayed with the Peruvian dishes but one can have Mexican or a mix. Service was excellent at this family restaurant. Better call for a reservation. Highly recommended.

Wayne
“So happy we took the chance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were going to pass through Lambertville on our way to North Jersey and saw the restaurant mentioned in Zagat's and thought we would give it a try. What a great place! We love trying new kinds of cuisines and never tried Peruvian food and it was wonderful! I had the Peruvian sampler and my boyfriend had one of the ceviches. Food was fresh and beautifully prepared and the service was friendly and efficient. There was plenty of food in the sampler and I ended up taking some of it home. We went on a Sunday afternoon at the end of January without a reservation, but the place is small - when the tourist season comes, I am sure the place will be hopping! It's a BYO place -- and we were prepared with some wine. However, the Inka Cola that they served really intrigued me. It was a very bright, almost day-glo green!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Auch, France
“My first, but I hope not my last visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was such a nice restaurant, the staff were perfect, really friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

The food was delicious and good value for money.

The decor and atmosphere were welcoming.

We were a group of 5 and we were all delighted with our choices.

If you visit Lambertville or New Hope treat yourself and you will not be disappointed,.

PS It's BYO for alcohol.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“First timer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was highly impressed with the menu options, specials, and authenticity of the cuisine. Having traveled to Peru before, I recognized this. Substantial portions make the price well worth it. Healthy and fresh tasting.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere