“Very exciting menu” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The love of family, friends and great food is a tradition for the Egoavils.Having relocated to the United States from Peru in 1992, they sought the opportunities their new home offered. They have now realized their family dream of owning and operating their own restaurant. El Tule was previously the home of another restaurant offering Mexican fare. The Egoavil Family has infused the eatery with a vibe all its own. El-Tule’s Mexican-Latin fusion includes traditional Mexican offerings as well as the addition of Peruvian menu items. Peruvian food has been gaining momentum among foodies across the nation, and prior to El Tule was extremely hard to find in the Delaware Valley. El Tule offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Guests may bring their own wine or alcohol of choice. Our patio is dog friendly.Subpages
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Very exciting menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Great Peruvian dishes. Best ceviche I've ever had. The shrimp soup is to die for. Service is very good. This is a BYOB, which I like very much.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on Friday. I had fish tacos and she had chicken fajita (a lunch special) along with basket of chips appetizer. Food was great as was service. We will be back with friends!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“A Talented Kitchen With Wonderful Ethnic Offerings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

On a quiet Monday evening after the Super Bowl, my wife and I experienced our first exposure to Peruvian food at El Tule. Our dinner and appetizers had elements of fish, crab or beef with a wonderful medley of peppers, onion or citrus. The ingredients were fresh and the offerings were skillfully prepared. We look forward to returning for additional Peruvian dishes along with their Mexican.

El Tule does not have Mexican Restaurant competition in this area and Peruvian fare is rare. The Mexican menu draws in an crowd that can have their horizons broadened by excellent Peruvian food.

Two thumbs up!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped there for lunch and will be back for dinner! Service and food were excellent. I had a Peruvian fish soup that was out of this world. Just what I needed on a cold day in February. My wife had a Mexican dish and loved it.

Pennington, New Jersey
“Fresh food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Two friends and I met for dinner recently at El Tule, which we found because the place where we have met in the past was closed on Monday nights. What a lovely surprise!

The restaurant is charming and actually reminds me of some of my favorite small eateries in the Yucatan. The server was very gracious, took time to tell us about the menu options, and left us alone when it was clear my friends and I were catching up on six months worth of news!

It was a little more expensive than I expected, so I opted for one of the lower-priced options from the Mexican offerings on the menu, fish tacos. Well, they were delicious, with lots of fresh fish in the filling. The accompanying rice and beans were just right, too. I must admit that I usually eat too quickly, but this dish was so good that I slowed down to savor each bite.

My two friends raved over their meals, too, one of which was from the Mexican section of the menu and the other from the Peruvian dishes.

Two other pluses that I appreciated:

1. Our server unobtrusively refilled our water glasses repeatedly, without us having to ask for more water. One of my frustrations with many restaurants is that the diner has to practically flag down servers to get more water. Don't worry about that at El Tule!

2. The owner came over twice to ask how things were, which added to the friendly and caring atmosphere of the restaurant.

I will definitely visit El Tule again soon to sample the Peruvian dishes on the menu! Since it was a frigid night in January, we ate inside, but I could see a pretty outdoor eating area that would be delightful to try in warmers months.

• Visited January 2013