“Worth a try!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 38 restaurants in Lambertville
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The love of family, friends and great food is a tradition for the Egoavils.Having relocated to the United States from Peru in 1992, they sought the opportunities their new home offered. They have now realized their family dream of owning and operating their own restaurant. El Tule was previously the home of another restaurant offering Mexican fare. The Egoavil Family has infused the eatery with a vibe all its own. El-Tule’s Mexican-Latin fusion includes traditional Mexican offerings as well as the addition of Peruvian menu items. Peruvian food has been gaining momentum among foodies across the nation, and prior to El Tule was extremely hard to find in the Delaware Valley. El Tule offers both indoor and outdoor dining. Guests may bring their own wine or alcohol of choice. Our patio is dog friendly.Subpages
Lawrenceville, New Jersey, United States
“Worth a try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We tried this restaurant based on a groupon we saw online (although we didn't get the groupon we went anyway). Food and service were very good, definitely get the cerviche!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Fountainville, PA
“Something different!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Excellent! Four of us tried this restaurant and loved the idea of trying Peruvian food. We loved everything! We had a ceviche and the Peruvian sampler to start with. Then two of us ordered a shrimp dish, one a seafood soup, and the last, a chicken dish...all were terrific...wonderful flavor! We can't wait to try other items next time!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Massachusetts, USA
“A popular small restaurant with good (and different) food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

El Tule is a small restaurant with Peruvian and Mexican cuisine. BYOB. I tried one of the Ceviches...very good, but spicy. Service was good and value was reasonable (about $25 / person). By 7:30 PM on a December Saturday night, it was filled.

Visited December 2012
NJ
“Absolutely Amazing Mexican Peruvian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My finance and I stopped there on our way back from vacationing in the Poconos, we have been there before but it had been about a year. WOW!! I have to say that it was the BEST Mexican food I ever had. My fiance and I both love Mexican food and have been to many Mexican restaurants as well as Mexico. I had the El Tule Lasagna which was DELICIOUS, the sauce, cheeses, mushrooms, vegetables, beef all seasoned perfectly, I savored every bite. My fiance had the Fish Tacos and they were absolutely the BEST fish tacos we have both ever had. They dice up the fish and with the seasonings they have on it all I can say is WOW!! They are a little expensive but COMPLETELY WORTH EVERY CENT!! Can not wait to come back!!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
USA
“Great food but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

On two visits to this little restaurant, we absolutely loved the food, especially the ceviche. Flavors were dancing all over our tongues and we were happy to have found a dining experience that is out of the ordinary. Now the negative part. On our second visit, on a chilly evening in late September, we were seated inside at a table near the rest room. As patrons left the loo, they almost always left the door open and since it is a one-person room, I sat most of the night with a full view of the toilet!!! My friend kept running over and closing that door, plus the entry door because that didn't have a spring on it and cold air kept rushing in, along with other patrons and waiters who were serving people outside. (There are heating lamps out there.) When we asked the waiter to please make sure the door is shut, he did nothing about it. A quick trip to the hardware store could have fixed both problems. I'm not saying I'll never go back, because the food is really great, but I also expect to be comfortable during my meal. So...Mr. Owner, could you please fix your doors? If you have already done so, please respond and we will be back very soon.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eduarpsu, General Manager at El Tule Mexican and Peruvian Restaurant, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
a Quick note to informed you that our doors have been fixed.
i am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you during your visit.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoy our offerings, and hope you visit us again soon.

-Jack