“Awful Experience - Awful Staff” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Lambertville Station

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lambertville
Inn at Lambertville Station
You added Inn at Lambertville Station to your Saves list
11 Bridge St., Lambertville, NJ 08530   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lambertville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
NJ
“Awful Experience - Awful Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We recently attended a wedding at this establishment and "attempted" to stay at the inn. We called and booked a room four months in advance and arrived a little over an hour before the wedding. Our plan was to arrive, check in, change into our nice clothes and attend the wedding. When we arrived, with our confirmation number on hand, the manager at the front desk informed us that our room had been cancelled! To make matters worse, the entire hotel was booked for the evening. The manager claimed that on the day we booked (4 months prior) we had called back a 2nd time and cancelled the room. This couldn't be further from the truth - in reality, we had called back, AT THEIR REQUEST, to CONFIRM our reservation. Clearly, the employee taking the call mistakenly cancelled our reservation in the computer.

So here we stood, less than one hour from the wedding, in street clothes, with nowhere to stay. The manager called to see if there were other neighboring properites with a vacancy, and after 20 minutes, informed us that all the rooms in neghboring hotels and inns were booked for the weekend. The best he could do was find us a hotel 20 minutes away, which would essentially mean we'd miss the wedding services. When we urgently asked the manager if he could at least allow us change in a bathroom or some other room to prepare for the weddding we would be attending at HIS ESTABLISHMENT, he seemed annoyed and unwilling to help. Finally, at the last minute, after we were reluctantly shown a bathroom to change in (in the reception hall no less), our friends miraculously found us a room at another inn down the street. I guess the manager had not called all the surrounding inns and hotels as he claimed!

Ultimately, we arrived after the ceremony had started and missed our friend as she walked down the aisle on her wedding day. Making matters worse, the cocktail hour was crammed, and when I went to the bar to request a bottle of water for my pregnant wife, I was informed that they had none. That's right, no water! So we went back to the front desk and asked the manager (the same gentlemen from earlier) if there was some way we could have glass of water for a pregnant woman, he told us to go to the bar. When we informed him that the bar indicated that they had no water, he told us that we should go down to the reception hall, which was not yet even open for guests and request a bottle of water ourselves. You read that correctly - the manager was unwilling to provide a simple glass of water for a pregnant woman and guests at a wedding in his establishment - he simply told us to go seek it out ourselves!

I am not a picky person at all - it truly does not take much to please me. However, I came away from this experience thoroughly disgusted with the staff at this Inn. At NO POINT did the manager even apologize to us for the clear error made in mistakenly cancelling our reservation - not even a simple "we're sorry for your inconvenience." There was no sense of urgency or willingness to help wedding guests who were clearly put in a bind as a result of the error, and the complete lack of service when requesting a simple glass of water for a pregnant women was both shocking and appalling.

I have stayed at hotels both home and abroad, and have never experienced such arrogance and unwillingness from a hiotel manager. I will never stay at this establishment, nor will I ever recommend it to anyone. Our experience was simply terrible and abhorrent.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chester, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We went to the Inn at Lambertville Station for a Bar Mitzvah so we didn't stay there and can't review the rooms. Unfortunately, what we can review was the food and staff that we encountered at the Bar Mitzvah. There was an adult only reception for an hour before the dinner started. The open bar was OK but the only good appetizers were the pigs in a blanket and the vegetables and dip. The others were just passable. Had we known what the dinner would be like, however, we would have taken more advantage of the food at the first reception. The salad at dinner had an unpleasant dressing that was too liberally applied. For the entree there was a choice of filet mignon, salmon or vegetarian - all of them were accompanied by the same dry inedible rice and bland boiled broccoli. The vegetarian dish was 2 large dumplings that might have been passable had the dough been cooked through, the salmon itself was fine but the orange/curry sauce on top of it was not and ruined the fish and the filet was tasteless. The cake was actually the best part of the meal and would have been fine if our server had ever come back with coffee or tea. When we got the coffee ourselves, she was put out when we asked for cream and sugar. We truly felt sorry for our cousin because we were sure that it was an expensive day for him as well as an exciting one for his son and the experience at the hotel was not a good one.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

We were looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay for one night so we booked a standard King room. The room had a flat screen tv, small table and chairs and a very comfortable bed. The sink was in an alcove separate from the shower & toilet. In addition to the standard bar soap was a lovely lavender soft soap. We were on the first floor and the room overlooked a small creek with the Delaware River just beyond. I slept with the window open because I enjoyed hearing the water rushing over the dam...my husband found it a bit too noisy, though. We had a great, casual meal at Giuseppi's (pizza and an incredible gourmet salad) and did a little window shopping.
We filled out the continental breakfast card and hung it on our doorknob before going to bed. Promptly at 8:00am they delivered two yummy muffins, coffee and juice. Checkout was easy and I was able to purchase bottles of the lavender liquid soap(locally made in nearby Doylestown, PA). We were very satisfied with this Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
North Caldwell, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

My wife and I just took a short trip to Lambertville for a quick spring break getaway. We chose the Inn at Lambertville Station because of the great location on the river. We were really pleased with the hotel. Everything in our room looked new. The carpet still had the new carpet smell as well as the furniture. The bathroom was spotless and looked great. The rooms are done up in high end materials and are a great value for the price charged. My only complaint was that the bed was really firm. This did not bother my wife as much, but I like a softer mattress. The hotel has a few restaurants associated with it and you can get room service from the restaurant. They also have an honor bar with snacks and alcoholic/non alcoholic drinks for pretty fair prices. The hotel is in a great location, right in the center of Lambertville and right next to the bridge to New Hope. Everything is within walking distance and Peddler's Village is a short drive away. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed for one night on the Sunday night special- which includes a $50 voucher for dinner. Dinner was OK- but definitely not as good as we expected- I'm glad we didn't pay full price. Continental breakfast delivered to the room was nice, although I was not expecting Sunny D when I ordered orange juice. Very strange. Other than that, the hotel and room were very nice, roomy and clean, and the lobby was very cozy. It's in a great location right along the river, so it's a quick walk over the bridge to New Hope.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
milford, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We had our daughter's wedding at the Lambertville Inn this past weekend, and everything about the experience was wonderful! The venue was charming in decor and the location on the Delaware River made for beautiful views from the Riverside Ballroom. The staff, Marielle, JD and Seth, were attentive and responsive to our needs and requests. The guest rooms on the 3rd floor have all been redecorated and are beautiful. The bridal suite was spectacular!
The food throughout the wedding and Sunday brunch was delicious and nicely presented.
We were looking for a venue without the glitz of the same-old wedding places and we found it at the Lambertville Inn. For us, it was near perfection, and our guests agree!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Nanuet, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

On the Sunday (Feb. 20, 2011) of President's Day Weekend I stayed at the Inn at Lambertville Station in Lambertville, NJ.
One of the main reasons I chose to stay here is the inn's liberal cancellation policy. I wanted to stay in the New Hope, PA, area and while New Hope has many nice B&Bs, some require a minimum two-night stay and one or two weeks (or more) notice of cancellation or they will charge you for the room. While I understand the reason for this policy, there's no way to know more than a few days in advance what the weather will be like and if the driving conditions will be good in February. The inn has no minimum stay requirements and asked that I notify them of cancellation by 2 pm the Friday before my Sunday night stay. The inn is conveniently located at the first right-hand turn over the bridge from New Hope and is a quick ten-minute walk to New Hope's downtown area, allowing the inn's guests to enjoy the shops and restaurants and activities of New Hope without the restrictions of a B&B.
Another reason I chose the inn was its Web site's promise of a water view. There were two windows in my room. From the one next to the bed I could see the canal. From the window on the adjacent wall I could see the canal to the left, the Delaware River to the right, and a stream that runs into the river straight ahead. When standing next to this closed window I could hear the stream gurgling. Although the inn is just off the main street, the water on three sides makes you feel away from things.
Another big plus was the gas fireplace. Fireplaces are only available in the suites, but with my AAA discount, I was able to get a suite for $150 (not counting tax, etc.).
We arrived around 1 pm and were not able to check in but easily passed the time by walking over to New Hope, having lunch at the Logan Inn and browsing in the shops.
At check I was told that coffee and tea were available in the lobby at no cost 24 hours a day, as was an honor bar.
All of the 45 rooms at the inn are supposed to have a decor that was inspired by a great city. I was in the New York room, which was on the top (third) floor, just to the left of the elevator. It was a quiet location, save hearing an occasional voice. However, I didn't see how the decor was inspired by New York City.
The room was spacious. When you walk in the door, the bathroom ante-room with the sink is on the right, then a closet. The bed was to the left and the separate sitting area straight ahead and to the right.
The bed was king size and contained five pillows and a comforter. The end table on each side of the bed contained a lamp that provided ample light for reading. At the foot of the bed was a long bench where you could put your suitcases. To the left of the bed was a bureau with five levels of drawers.
The fireplace was on the opposite wall from the bed. It had a mantle and glass doors and went on with the flip of a switch. In front of the fireplace was a couch, a glass coffee table and a chair and pole lamp. In the left corner was a small bureau with a flat screen television on top. To the right of the couch was a desk with a lamp and a chair.
As mentioned above the bathroom ante-room contained the sink with a wall-to-wall counter. A hair dryer was provided, as well as a coffeemaker and related fixings. In addition to the mirror over the counter was a big, round magnifying mirror. The bath tub had two corner shelves. In addition to the main shower head, there were body spray jets. Robes, which are available for purchase at a cost of $90, were provided.
We went to dinner about 8 o'clock and found after a brief walk around town that there were few places in the area open. However, one place that was open was Lambertville Station, a converted train station at the corner in front of the inn. We sat by a window that looked out on the main street. The dinner menu selection is not large. I opted for the filet mignon, which came with asparagus and mashed potatoes and was very good. The bread basked included a coconut bread, which was cut in thick slices and could have served as dessert. Dessert was a chocolate mousse shaped like a dome with a chocolate coating. The waitress had said that it was big and when we said we would share it, she brought it out split in half and nicely arranged on two separate plates.
A complimentary breakfast was served in the room. This is one of the few places that I've stayed that provides this service at no extra charge, which is a nice touch. Granted the breakfast is just juice, coffee/tea and a very big apple muffin, but that is enough for me. You fill out a card in your room indicating your preferences (milk/half and half; sugar/Equal; although not listed, I asked for lemon and it was provided) and what time you want it delivered (delivery is promised within 15 minutes of your indicated time) and leave it on the outside door knob. You have the option of ordering additional items, such as a bagel or oatmeal, as well as a newspaper, at a cost of $2 per item. Breakfast was delivered promptly and enjoyed in front of the fire as snowflakes drifted down outside. Not having to get dressed and leave your room to get breakfast is a great convenience.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Lambertville Station? Share your experiences!