“Great find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Lakewood
Brunswick, United States
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Nice facility, but what most impressed me was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. "Continental" breakfast was more than that. Coffee was fabulous. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Easy on and off the Garden State Parkway, too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Claire G, Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again once our Room project is completed. I believe you will be even more pleased. Thanks again for the kind words.

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Niantic, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Nothing special here, but nothing really bad either... Older building, last renovation I would guess was maybe 5 years ago. Threadbare carpet along the threshold to the bathroom, one of my pet peeves. Room was a good size and very clean. HVAC worked well but did not have a constant-on setting, which I prefer for white noise that blocks out hotel noise. Good water pressure. Strong, fast wifi signal. Mini-fridge and microwave. Hotel is close enough to the Garden State Parkway that I could see it from my window, but not so close that I could hear it. Breakfast was just OK, most Best Westerns offer scrambled eggs and a warm meat but this one did not. Front desk staff was very friendly, which was much appreciated since I arrived during the middle of a snow apocolypse.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
James J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Matt, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.It sounds like you were mostly pleased with your visit and our staff and that's always good to hear.I would like you to know I also took note of your room observations and I am very pleased to inform you that a complete room renovation is under way.Aside from the obvious plus of brand new rooms we are especially pleased that this remodeling gives us the opportunity to convert the hotel to a 100% smoke free enviroment.I hope you will be able to stay with us again and see the new rooms.We are projecting a finish date of June 2014.Again thank you for your comments.
Cobleskill, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've been to this hotel 2 times in the last couple of months and both times the room was very clean. The bed is extremely comfortable and it was a king size bed so there was lots of room for me and my boyfriend. The internet has a great connection and it is secure and quiet. I would recommend this hotel to any couples looking to get away for the weekend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James J, Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Thank you again
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

If your room number matches the pick 3 you win $ 50.00. Pretty cool! Everything in our room was unplugged frig and lighting etc. You had to be a contortionist to plug everything in. Staff was very nice! Breakfast tables should have been bused some guests were slobs and just left their trash on the table.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member, Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize in regards to everything being unplugged in your room. Typically the Housekeepers upon servicing the room would ensure everything is functioning correctly. I hope those two incidents didn't sour your stay.Should you be returning to the area I would ask that you call me directly and allow me to handle your next reservation personally. We will be remodeling all of our guest rooms late January 2014 so upon your return you will find a vastly different hotel. I hope you have the opportunity to visit with us again.
Lufkin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hotel in general is about 40+ years old. Management is in process of renovating, including converting to non-smoking, but has a long way to go! The rooms were clean but not spic n span and there was still a linger of cigarette smoke throughout the hallways. The guest washers/dryers were in excellent condition however and the continental breakfast was one of the best I can remember; the coffee being particularly good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Donna, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to hear that overall your stay was a good one. As you are aware late January we will commence with a major remodeling that will in effect gut the rooms and see a complete make over. Upon completion the property will become 100% Non-Smoking. I was very pleased about your comments regarding our breakfast. We have always tried to keep our breakfast a better experience then most by keeping away from frozen foods and offering a wide variety of items. Again I thank you and hope to see you again .
Toms River, Nj, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We book 2-3 rooms at the Best Western Leisure Inn each Thanksgiving when our family visits. The staff is most helpful, the accommodations as well as the breakfast are good, and the overall value is excellent. I recommend this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

James J, Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Mr. W.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. As usual we appreciate and look forward to your visits and are happy you continue to frequent our hotel.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The staff was very nice and friendly. Free wifi was really handy and it worked fast. Wish the hotel was updated and the continental bkfst went past 9am. The hotel still smells of cigarette smoke odor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
James J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Carlette H, Thank you for taking the time to give us some input regarding your recent stay. I apologize in regards to the cigarette smoke and the breakfast issue. We are proceeding with a complete room remodeling in January. Once completed the entire Hotel will be non-smoking. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again and see our new room product.

Been to BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn? Share your experiences!