“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Rochester, NY
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We needed a convenient place for lunch after a family gathering for 25. After doing some research on-line as I am an out of towner, I found Pagoda Teahouse, one of the few Chinese restaurants in the area. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was and how efficient the wait staff was. Enjoyed the Maopo Tofu, Lo Mein, Dumplings, Shrimp with Walnuts and the old standard, Seasame Chicken. This place has been in Lakewood for 25 years, now I understand why it has been successful.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, AZ
“Out of the way Chinese restaurant wows with first impression”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I have been looking for a good Chinese place in NJ every time we come here on vacation during the summer. My wife's uncle took us to an out of the way restaurant in Lakewood, and they did not disappoint.

It's tucked in a strip mall off of route 9. They have tables and booths, as well as a bar in the front. On each table are crispy noodles to dip in hot mustard or sweet and sour sauce while you wait for your meal. They bring it on a large plate with separate rice, and everyone takes what they want. We had the sesame chicken with egg drop soup. I had never had that kind of soup, but my wife, who is a former resident of NJ and a expert on it, said it was one of the best she ever had. I have to admit, it was pretty good, and I'm not a big fan of eggs. The chicken was delicious, and the sauce was perfect. Attentive servers and the owner came over to make sure we were happy, and the bowl of crispy noodles was refilled many times. It seems that many people know that this is a good place to get good Chinese food, as they were fairly busy and did a brisk take-out business as well. There was plenty of food to go around, and my wife and I made a mental note to make this our Chinese stop in NJ when we want good food. I highly recommend you take the time and go taste for yourself.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Better than your average Chinese restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Been here several times, picked up and delivery. Never had a bad experience. Food has been consistently good and well prepared. Our regular choice for Chinese.

Visited May 2013