“This is the best hotel that I regularly stay at...it really is a home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leavenworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

I travel about 40 weeks a year. One of the most important qualities that I look for in a hotel is the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. The Lakewood HGI is the best hotel that I have stayed at for the past 2 years. The staff that I regularly see, Karen at the front desk and Camille in the restaurant/bar are two of the kindest people that I have met in the hotel industry. I really appreciate that they remember my name and greet me when I come in the hotel. They even remembered my name after a six month break between my stays. If anyone has an issue, they will get it resolved very quickly and efficiently. If they aren’t there, call or email Darlene, the hotel General Manager. She, like Camille and Karen, is completely and totally committed to guest comfort and making your stay the best that it can be.

I was at the hotel last summer when the wedding party, mentioned in a previous review, was at the hotel. They were a big party but I watched the staff take care of them and still take care of everyone else. They just took it all in stride and didn’t make a big deal about the large group.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone looking for a great place to stay that is a real value for your money. We have lot’s of choices about where to spend our travel dollars. You won’t be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
JerseyGirl166, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, May 28, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words!! Nothing makes us happier than hearing that we helped our guests feel at home and left them smiling. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Stayed here with a large group in town for a wedding. Service was excellent, hotel was clean, beds were comfortable, breakfast was cooked to order and delicious. I would recommend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We spent 3 days at the Inn. Everything was in good order. Polite and friendly staff.
Clean and attractive
I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Fishers, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I spent two night on business in early January at the HGI. The hotel is located in a commercial strip - restaurants and Starbucks nearby within walking distance.

Pleasant lobby, front desk staff helpful. Similar to most hotels of this niche, the elevators are painfully slow and inefficient.

Breakfast is somewhat expensive, but service is good.

Room very comfortable, the sleep adjustable bed was excellent.

Every thing about the hotel was top notch until I visited the Pavilion Pantry adjacent to the front desk.

Eating dinner at one of the nearby restaurants, I elected to pass on the overpriced desert and decided to settle for a candy bar from the hotel. I thought I would be saving money and saving on calories. Well I did save on calories, but I would have been better off ordering the cheesecake, cake or pie at the restaurant from a value perspective.

I purchased a regular size Kit Kat bar (the kind thats $0.60 at Walmart) and a 20 ounce bottle of Dasani water (no more than $1 in vending machines). The total - $5.08. Nothing is priced in the Pantry and I can see why - the price gouging is ridiculous for the middle of strip mall heaven in central New Jersey - it isn't Manhattan.

Do yourself a favor and don't forget any toiletries that you might need to purchase - I can only imagine what a $0.99 cent travel can of shaving cream would have cost me?

As a Hilton Honors Silver member I strongly question whether I will stay at this hotel upon my return to the area on business. It isn't the $3 or so that I was overcharged - its the principle of price gouging that always upsets me. If I can buy it cheaper at the airport (and I did when I got back to Philly airport), you are charging too much.

I am grudgingly recommending the hotel - just don't buy anything at the Pantry.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
rika357
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

In over 25 years of booking and managing meetings nationwide, I can honestly tell you that I have never come across a hotel that has such a wonderful facility and incredible hotel staff as the team that truly understands and delivers superior customer service as the HGI Lakewood. Let me give you some specifics: Karen Kraig and Hanna greet you at the front desk and are such a pleasure to visit with as they check you in and are always willing and eager to assist you. Camille is a joy to visit with at the bar and is always looking for how she can help you during your stay, weather it be ordering room service for you as your way to the hotel so your meal is awaiting as you are starving from your trip, to providing stellar service during meetings. Shirley is most accommodating at breakfast and a pleasure to see her smiling face and desire to provide such great customer service insuring a wonderful breakfast experience and again providing stellar service during meetings. Debbie Pizzola is always helpful in with setting up meetings and providing outstanding customer service from the planning through the execution of our meetings covering each and every detail perfectly. Debbie is a true gem and her customer service mentality encourages us to return to the hotel for future meetings. Please know that this hotel "team" is one in a million, and should be an example to the entire hospitality business of what customer service truly is! Addiitionally the facility is impecably clean and well maintained. As always, we had an great experience, because of the outstanding HGI Lakewood team and top notch facility! Thank you

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
maplewood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

staff was very rude, no customer service skills here..........overpriced small rooms,mattress and boxspring had stains, if you want breakfast they charge you extra??????????

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
JerseyGirl166, Marketing Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, December 14, 2009
We are very sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your recent stay. As you can see from our other reviews on Trip Advisor, the typical guest experience at our hotel is very positive. We are proud that all of our guest reviews on Trip Advisor have included perfect 5 out of 5 ratings since January 2009, and our average guest rating is 4.5 stars out of 5. We sincerely hope that you will return to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood in the future and that our management and staff will "wow" you with excellent service and excellent accommodations.
Chesepeake Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

This hotel blows my mind every time i stay there. I have a 5, 7, and 13 year old and its just amazing everytime. I have family in the area and there are no other good hotels around. The staff is super nice and helpfull. The location is PERFECT for my needs. The Rooms are very nice. The service is good too. Finally for the money it is COMPLETELY worth it. My kids love coming here. We come about twice a year too. Finally YOU SHOULD STAY HERE IT IS AMAZING......

i wish all hotels were like this

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!