“Retains my sanity....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Lakewood, New Jersey
“Retains my sanity....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

A group of us has been staying here for the past nine months on and off for a project in the area. The Hilton Garden Inn has always accommodated last minute itinerary changes and have always made our group a priority. It's very appreciated as long stays from home always take a toll and having a stable place to come "home" to at the end of a 16 hour days has really made a difference in my efforts to complete a difficult project.

The front desk always greats us with a bottle of water, a smile, and if we aren't arriving too late in the day there is always cookie treat or some freshly made green tea. Most mornings/afternoons/evenings we share a laugh too. I know if that if any colleague of mine wanders into the hotel in need of some assistance I know they will take care of them!

Breakfast has a variety of food, and it's all very good and well presented. The rooms are clean, modern and good enough size to continue to get some work done even when you feel the day should have been over hours ago.

The entire staff is outstanding, and I will always stay at this hotel whenever I am in the area. Keep up the great establishment, and again thank you for being so accommodating.

Room Tip: I've stayed on every floor and all have been good. Although the 4th floor on facing the backsid...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jenny F, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Paul W,

Thank you so much for your review!

We are very pleased to hear you had such a positive experience staying with us at The Hilton Garden Inn.

I will definitely share your review with the entire staff!

Thanks again!

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have the pleasure of staying at this Hilton garden inn regularly. The front desk staff is amazing! Very friendly! In fact I feel like family when I come here. Karen Kraig, Camille Passalacqua, Alexia, the red head young girl are the greatest! I received some fresh made hot chocolate while passing by. They always address me by name. No matter how busy they are they stop and greet everyone. This just the front desk staff. The team that cleans the rooms are so friendly. They are into every detail. This location goes above and beyond. If your in the area your crazy if you don't book at this location. One great thing I like as well is the staff doesn't change. So that means they love what they do and they care. As always room was clean, bed was comfortable, and you have longhorn for dinner and Starbucks on the way out in the morning. You also can have breakfast at the hotel which they do a fantastic job as well. I love it here!!

Room Tip: Stay here!!!!
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked a room for a wedding and the Hilton reservation hotline messed up my reservation. The hotel was sold out for the night due to the wedding taking place. The people at the front desk were extremely helpful and went out of their way to find us a comparable place nearby and provide us transportation when needed so we were still a part of the wedding functions. The entire situation was no fault of their own but they helped us in every way possible (including being willing to stay an hour later to make sure we were taken care of). They could not have been nicer or more helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is a real gem. Clean, quiet and very comfortable. Staff are pleasant and very friendly.
Offers room service from Longhorn which is next to the hotel. Lobby bar for after hours makes this a very convenient place to unwind.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the back side for even a quieter experience
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Overall, our stay here was just fine. Room was comfortable for the two of us and well maintained the whole weekend. Staff at the front desk was great with any requests that we had.

We had a King room, which was pretty good size. It had a nice chair and ottoman to sit in while watching the flatscreen. Bathroom was your standard hotel bathroom and nothing special, but it got the job done.

It's a decent ways away from the beach and all (15-20 minutes), but there are a ton of places around there to eat and go to (mall, shops, etc). The breakfast buffet/cook to order is a little pricey, but that is just my opinion on it. We had breakfast at a diner down the road for about the same price as one of us having breakfast there.

I would stay there again for the same reason, but if really wanting to head to the beach, would get something closer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I checked into the hotel after a long, tiring trip. Jessica was so polite and welcoming. Our conversation led to the reason of my stay. I explained that I was on a two month assignment for work. She noticed that I was only scheduled to stay for two weeks and I shared that my company wants me to find a rental house or apartment for the remainder of my stay due to the costs comparrison. Jessica said that on her way home from work, she would drive by a safe area that she knows which has signs up for rental properties for off-season, and write down phone numbers. Tonight, I came in after a long day at work. I saw Jessica and didn't approach her because I didn't want her to feel bad if she didn't have time or didn't remember the numbers. Honestly, I didn't expect her to take her time after a evening shift to do such a favor. While I was walking by, she smiled and said, "Hi! I have those numbers for you!" I was shocked. That was definately above and beyond her job description. I know her bosses would have liked her to see me 6/7 more weeks of a hotel stay, but it is not an option. So her her assisting me find a safe area to stay alone in a rental property really made me feel welcome and appreciative. If you check in during the evening, ask for Jessica if you want service with a smile!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms here. But if you want to be close to the exercise room, as...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just great. People are so awesome. I just lov chating with them. After a hard day of working and coming back to Hilton gardens it's just so great great knowing that you are getting great service. Their great people who makes me feel at he while I'm away at work

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn
Comfort Inn Toms River
#3 of 10 in Toms River
4.0 of 5 stars 134 reviews
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Toms River

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!