“The Worst Ever !!!! I'd rather eat in my pig pen with the stinky mud :{” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lakehurst Diner

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 17 Restaurants in Lakehurst
Cuisines: Diner
Jackson, New Jersey
“The Worst Ever !!!! I'd rather eat in my pig pen with the stinky mud :{”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

ok here goes as we sat down my feet stuck to the floor (gross i thought) then there was just the place mats ok i can deal but put my arm in what i guess was the same stuff on the floor so now my arm was sticky. we were asked what we wanted to drink 1 was water 2 were pepsi and 2 were sprite well of corse mine was sooooo sweet and instead of clear it was yellowish so then as we are looking at the menue my daughter found another sticky spot on the oh soo clean table we just put a napkin over it that we had to get off another table then the waitress took our order no problems she brought out our salads and went to walk away we had to stop her to ask for silver wear and napkins 25 minutes go by food comes out yay ! well my veal parm was gross it was supposed to be real not regurgitated (veal patty) but it was real but it was the worst cuts ever with hard tendon ot cartlige going thru it sent it back wanted nothing else then my mom had the same but hers was at least cutable and i guess chewable but she got the ziti noodles with it put them on my daughters plate and i saw this blk thing in it looked kinda like a mushroom piece but i picked it out and it was a piece of rubber from something GROSS IM NOT GOING BACK THERE i went up to pay even was charged for my bad veal plate the cashier did not even ask how everything was so i got pissed off i paid then took the piece of rubber to a man i guess he was the owner /manager he said i wish you would of told me before you paid what a butthole he could have given me a partial refund but nothing even offered not even a sorry about that they suck dont waste your time or money to eat there for any meal

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Manchester Township, New Jersey
“Horrible service with an unfriendly staff.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this diner several times since living in Manchester the past 25 years. Service has always been horrible and the owner never seems to be happy to be there.

You are rarely greeted with a smile and all the staff gives you the impression they hate working there.

Service is horrible. I have never had a good service in the past 8 times I have been there.

Food is ok. There is plenty to choose from on the menu. Last visit was for breakfast and I had an omelet. It was good but it is not easy to ruin eggs. Seasoned well. Home fries needed salt but most places they do anyway.

I ordered a hot tea and it took most of my meal to get another cup and then they just added hot water to the tea bag I had in the cup.

My husband ordered a decaf coffee but I would bet he got regular because they didn't have the orange handled pot when they brought him a refill.

Prices are like any other diner. A good value for ok food.

This is the closet diner to my house. Prefer Crystal Diner in Toms River.

Other places to have breakfast in Lakehurst and Manchester. Visit them first.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toms River, New Jersey
“Disgraceful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm not sure what was worse, the food or the service. The owner and staff seem clueless. Old and dated and dirty. Never again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manchester Township, New Jersey
“Don't bother eating here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've been to the Lakehurst Diner a few times. The breakfast isn't bad, but lunch and dinner are disasters. The service is very slow, and the food isn't great. Last time we went here, we waited a few minutes to be seated, even though there was nobody else waiting. We were ushered to a rear booth that did not have napkins, silverware, or anything else on it except the menus that were placed there when we sat down. The order was taken and after 10 minutes I asked if we would get silverware, etc. I was told, "Oh, I forgot about you". Nice to know that. They won't see my money or myself here again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Pork Roll Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Had breakfast here with family members and most of us had a dish accompanied by Pork Roll. I had Pork Roll and cheese on a hard roll. This NYC native felt like I was in breakfast heaven. :)

Everyone enjoyed the breakfast. My brother-in-law enjoyed a ham and cheese omelet that looked to be cooked perfectly. My nephew had the lumberjack breakfast and cleaned his plate.

I like the diner atmosphere and recommend the Lakehurst Diner for breakfast - especially if you like Pork Roll.

• Visited January 2013