“Trinty is a Triple Treat” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Front Street
New Jersey
“Trinty is a Triple Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

It's an outrage. It's an outrage that Trinty doesn't add the Mardi Gras specials of BBQ Shrimp and Grits, and Bourbon Brined Pork Chop to its regular menu. I can't wait a whole year to enjoy these treats again. A great nite, great entertainment (Cajun Band). A place that seems to know how to create an atmosphere with equal doses of food, drink, and fun for all.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Middletown, New Jersey
“Really that great?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

We had a dinner party one weeknight starting at 7:30pm, and even though there were only 6 other people in the restaurant, the service was absolutely horrible. First off, we were not served our entrees until 10pm. When we were served, one my guests ordered a fish dish which was served raw and was sent back. My daughter had ordered a medium-well steak, and it came out RAW - not even rare. Another one of my guests ordered a well-done steak, and when the waiter placed it in front of him, he stated "I think you ordered well, but I think this is rare" and he even advised to send it back. Worst off was that I was paying the bill, and my steak was raw (raw, not rare) when it was ordered medium-well. I advised the waiter and asked what he thought. He said that he was sorry that it was rare. I advised him that it was still cold in the middle and it was raw, not rare. At 10pm, it was already too late to send my steak back to the kitchen. When would I get it back? At midnight? There were three major problems here: really slow kitchen service for an empty restaurant, lack of proper cooking, and lack of responses on the mistakes. A comp somewhere would have been nice. Please note that I never ask nor expect comps, but in this case, they did not even offer one. The owner at the end of the night did NOT even ask how everything went like he did with a few of the other patrons. I guess he only asks when things are good.

Next, there were some kids menu items ordered. For a plain plate of pasta, they charged $15. Full entrees started at $20. It would have been nice for them to put this price on the menu. Buyer beware! This restaurant is NOT kid friendly, nor is it family friendly.

Third, expect to be charged $11 or more per drink. These drinks may sound fancy, but they are really not. They were made to sound better than they are served.

I do give credit for a good looking restaurant designed within a former church. I cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone. Actually, I have advised people to stay away as a disaster can cost my friend or business contact a nice date or a business deal. As for the bar scene, I am not sure if you want to meet any of these people anyways.

So, really? Was it really that great! The answer is that I will never go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Best food in Keyport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

We've been here four times, eaten twice at the bar and twice table service, and it's been great food every time. The service is very good too. Very imaginative deserts too.
It's the best food in Keyport, don't waste your time going a few doors down the block.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colts Neck, New Jersey
“Clueless Chef”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

First it's in Keyport, at this point you should turn the page....Ok so it's in a church- I've eaten at a few weird locations but this wasn't bad except for the live music! I felt that I was walking into a bad wedding! Some of the music wasn't bad but out of place and much to loud! Now abot the food- it was terrible but the place was busy....I don't understand but back to what I first said it's Keyport! Chef has no idea of combining flavors-justbad. Started with the wedge salad- typical blue cheese dressing with fried onions that were not bad but the wedge was covered with a spicysauce - I love spice but on a wedge salad? The also had some bacon bits but they were so tough that my teeth were hurting from chewing. My wife had the spinach salad and she didn't like the dressing along with the walnuts- strange taste and again spicy! Main- she had a fish dish of cod, clams and shrimp made with a pearl pasta and again a ton of spice along with sausage- Oh my God, where is this chef from? I had a flat iron steak with a chimmchurri sauce- the sauce was terrible so i didnt use it but the steak had so much black pepper that it overpowered the taste. It was served with potatoes cooked with tomatoes and chriozo! Not good..... The waiter was a nice guy but clueless and I asked another patron what they thought of their meal and they said it was ok? Again I chalk it up to the neighborhood- drive the extra distance and just avoid this place!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
nj
“Don't go here..:),Just kidding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

....I would like to keep it all for myself. This is one of the best restaurants in Monmouth County and that is saying a lot because there are a bunch. Owner and waitstaff (including barkeeps)are very cordial and efficient. Food is amazing, kudos to the chef, who is very talented.
All the bases are covered here and they have very decent entertainment also, later on Friday and sat. nights.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere