I stayed here on business for three nights in May 2008. The hotel has a great location in Jersey City just a short walk from the Subway to Manhattan and close to the businesses on Washington Ave.
My room had that awful stale aftershave and cigarette smell. I asked if it was non smoking; they said yes, but I could see the odd cigarette burn here and there. The room was large with a separate seating area but the furniture was shabby. They also charge for internet access in the room, which I think is tacky for a business traveler's hotel.
All this and it cost $350 a night. So although there were no terrible problems with the place I was not impressed. I agree with other travelers that if you manage to get a good deal, this is a good spot for easy access to Manhattan.
I you get in late, there is ok bar food downstairs, but you need to order before 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Jersey City is only ten miles and 20 minutes from (EWR) Newark Liberty International Airport. The hotel is just two blocks from the Pavonia/Newport PATH train station with easy access to Christopher Street in Greenwich Village, Tribeca and Soho in NYC. Take the PATH Train via Exchange Place one stop to the World Trade Center with easy access to New York Financial District and Wall Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Jersey City
- Doubletree Jersey City
- Doubletree Hotel Jersey City