“My opinion about the Ramada Limited” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Jersey City
Quebec City, Qc, Canada
“My opinion about the Ramada Limited”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2008

I went to the Ramada Limited last November. The price is actually low compared to other hotels in the area and the location is perfect, just a few minutes by walk from the PATH. The room was clean, but there was a very bad smell, which was always there during the 2 nights that we spent there. We could not really open the window to ventilate the room, because there was no net and it gave directly on the fire escape, which would have allowed anyone to enter into the room. The breakfast was good, but the place was overcrowded: we had to eat standing up. The staff was correct. By day, the distance between the hotel and the PATH seems very safe, but my girlfriend would not have done it alone by night.

• Liked — The price and the location
  • Disliked — The smell in the room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2007

I stayed for 5 nights at this hotel.

Journal Sqare Station (PATH line) is a 5-min walking distance
from the hotel.
Path takes you to Lower - 33 St. in 15-20 mins.
Even if you stay at a hotel in Manhattan, you have to take subways to go to downtown/uptown of manhattan anyway.
So why not take Path and go across Hudson River
from Jersey City ? ($1.5 one way)

There is nothing to complain about the hotel itself.
Room is spacious. free wireless, microwave, fridge,
free breakfast, helpful front desk, free airport shuttle
from P4 Station of Newark Airport Skytrain ($40 worth if you take a taxi),

The area around this hotel is not like Upper East...
you know what I mean here...
But you dont need to worry to walk to/from Journal Square Station
as you walk through shopping street at night.

All in all, I believe I made a right choice to stay at this hotel
at $126 plus tax. I dont say it s a bargain, but you could
spend your extra money for something else like
shopping or having a nice dinner in Manhattan, cause you would pay at least $200+tax for a hotel in Manhattan.

• Liked — oonvenience
  • Disliked — area around this hotel
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2007

The place is ok. I did'nt have any problems at the hotel but its located in a rather shady location. Although its very close to PATH. I would recommend it over the cheap hotels in upper west side manhattan.

Stayed September 2007
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

After reading several reviews about NYC area hotels, and reading the reviews about the Ramada Limited, Jersey City, I decided to try it out. Very nice hotel, reasonably priced, and close to 24 hour PATH train to NYC.

The hotel is really very nice. The room I booked was 1 queen, and single bed. The single bed was in a separate room off of the main bed room, with it's own closet, and TV - nice touch.

The main bedroom had the queen bed, and TV, with a fridge, and microwave, and coffee maker. The bath was on the small side, but, very nice. Hot water for the shower, with massage shower head. The only small problem, was the tub didn't drain too good, was a very slow drain. I informed management about that problem on checkout, and was told they would look into it. The only other slight problem, was the coffee pot handle was on backwards, so the 'spout' was at the handle end. Front desk gave me a new coffee pot. Problem was solved.

The room was clean, and NO BUGS!

After reading reviews on other NYC area hotels about bed bugs, I was a little woried. But, rest assured, there were NO BUGS in my room - #307.

Next point, location. The web site was correct, 1 block from PATH train. On the way to the hotel, on the street the hotel is on, was a sign to make a left to the PATH parking for $8.00 per day for up to 24 hours. Easy. Pull up to the gate, take the ticket, park your car, and your off to NYC via PATH. Upon exit of the parking lot, the guy scans your parking ticket, and you pay for the number of days or hours you were parked there. The 'alley' that you can take to walk from the parking garage to the main street accross from the PATH station, is along side a theater. It is very well lit, with security cameras mounted to view the alley walk way. The security cameras are hooked up to the Jersey City Police dept, which has an office at the end of the alley, and is patrolled.

The walk back from the PATH to the hotel via the alley and side street is all of 10 minutes. I felt very safe walking the alley and side street to get back ot the hotel - all hours. Came back from the city at 2:00 a.m., and felt safe.

With PATH running 24 hours a day, for $3.00 round trip into Manhattan, this is a great place to stay, and very convienient.

I will be staying again at this hotel for future visits to NYC.

• Liked — Being 1 block from 24 hour PATH train to NYC
  • Disliked — no onsite - free parking.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

I had booked a room for 3 people through Orbitz and all that was there was a singe king bed. The guy at the reception lied to us saying that there was a third bed and then said he had given us the wrong room and then said he will bring an extra bed which he did not. And then he brought it only after we had told him almost 10 times. He was not at all courteous. The breakfast room is small and could hardly seat 20 people. And the elevators were vintage took almost 10 minutes to get to the 3rd floor. The neighbourhood is not one to hang out after 10 pm. Only thing good about this place was the room was neat and clean.

• Liked — 36" hd tv
  • Disliked — the front office guy
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Isle of Arran
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

We stayed for one night in May as a base to go to NYC. For that purpose, the location was very good. The walk to the PATH train is under 10 min and easy to do. At night it didn't seem the best neighborhood, as I was with a group we were fine. The parking situation isn't great - almost as far a walk as to the PATH train and when you have bags to carry, it seems that much longer. We weren't in our rooms much as we spent our time in NYC. However, the size of the rooms was very good (family rooms had 2 bedrooms) and beds were comfortable. Decor was slightly shabby. The staff were helpful in directing us to various tourist locations. Breakfast was basic - mainly pastries and fruit and cereal on offer (self serve buffet). It certainly is not a luxury hotel but serves well as a basic place to stay to explore NYC.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

Let's see, where do I begin. I stayed at this hotel with my family
In March of 2007. It was for one night. I meant my husband with my kids about 6:00 p.m. When I talked to my husband, he asyed th hotel was o.k. So off we went, got there, went up to the room.
I wanted to turn around and go home. The room smell musty and not clean smell. The sheets looked clean, but the smell I didn't like. My kid were excited about staying in a hotel over night,
so I stucked it up for one night.
This hotel is not very clean because I bought home in my suitcases a friend you do not want in your home. This hotels has BED BUGS. I am now dealing with this in my own home.
If you don't know what they are, look on line. I have about 75 bites and now they are nasty scares on my legs and arms. Thank God they were in my bed room and not my kids. I am still dealing with these nasty bugs, I just had to throw away matteress
pest controll has been at my house three times.. This last time they found them in my matteress. Out the window went my king size materess. It is not cheap replacing your matteress.
This hotel is very old and needs lots of work. They should take
more pride in making sure that their guest don't go home with unwanted guest in there bags. BED BUGS suck , be very careful staying in this hotel. Please check the matteress and wood work for any sign . They come out at night, turn the lights off and look under your sheets or under box springs. Trust me you don't want these nasty bugs in you home. Some people won't know they have them for up to a year, I was luckly because I was very allergic to their bites. I just want my home back and my kids to have there bedrooms back to normal. Everything in your room is
bagged in plastic bags, pictures come off the walls, your dressers empty and everthings has be washed in th hottest water and dry at he hottest temperture. our cloth are still outside
in black plastic bags
PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF GETTING BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ramada Jersey City? Share your experiences!