“Almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'll start by saying that the staff is really what makes this hotel. Everyone we encountered was super friendly and helpful, from the bellmen to the maids. We were very impressed. The hotel's location is drop dead gorgeous, spend some time in the lobby looking out the windows! We had a great view in our room, too (856). That being said, the hotel was not without some faults. The lobby is very bland and needs some renovations. Our room, while renovated, could use some pain t and the carpet was coming up in a few places. The beds were also not very comfortable. The pool and fitness center are small but adequate, to be expected in a business hotel. Overall a good stay, we will be back!

Room Tip: The higher the better! I wouldn't pay extra for a better view, all the views are pretty stunning...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Westford, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel is built on a pier on the Hudson River across from World Trade Center. The location is fantastic, peaceful and the view is spectacular. To see Freedom Tower lit in red-white-blue at night was breathtaking. I took a basic room and the view from there was just ok because it was partially blocked. The room was clean, comfortable and had good décor. The lounge has a great view. The drinks and food are excellent, but they were understaffed both times we went. They gave us a free round of drinks both times to compensate for it. I would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The rooms are spaceous and for the most, clean. I've found hairs in the bathroom a few times, leading me to complain to management about this ongoing issue. However the staff are always kind to react swiftly without Any problems. The breakfast is good, offering a Nice variety of healthy as Well as sinful treats. The staff are immaculate and i always feel welcome. I Am a frequent visitor, I just wish they Would pay more attention to cleaning the bathroom properly. Because it is a really Nice hotel with a good ambience.

• Stayed May 2013
HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
ibizagirliedk,

As a frequent visitor, I apologize that this is an ongoing issue for you but we truly appreciate your feedback. This will only hope us to improve and I hope that next visit we meet those expectations.

Best,

Megan Gederian
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Everyone knows a great view, Empire State, Top of the Rock, Essex House, etc. If you want the very best view of the Manhattan skyline, I mean undisputed-blow your socks off- you'll have to go to New Jersey. I'm not kidding.

There are other rooms plenty of rooms at the Hyatt in Jersey City. However, only two have balconies. If you are on a budget the smaller room is still $400+ with a balcony. If you can afford the $3000 per night for the Empire Room it is worth every penny. In fact, thirty of your friends could join you on your balcony and everyone would agree at the "Awesomeness" of the room.

The Hyatt is a very nice hotel with great service. The food is excellent and the restaurant offers several gluten free options. The Empire Room has a great bar and dining room. The view...the view...it's all about the view. Night, morning, it's all fabulous.

Boats skimming below you, the Statue of Liberty on your right, Empire State and Chrysler on you left, and directly in front of you is Freedom Tower and the most amazing sunset.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
artfoodienaught,

Thank you all the photo submissions! You've basically given everyone a portfolio to work with. Let us know when you return!

Best,

Megan Gederian
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. The view was none other than amazing. I have always preferred the Westin hotel lines, I chose. The this Hyatt because the path train to NYC is right out the door, wich was a must because I took my 86 yr old mother and its so convenient to get into manhattan. The views are like none other, we had the view of the manhattan skyline it was the WOW factor. The beds were comfy, the rooms clean, towels were definitely worn and old, for the price they should be plush. The staff was very friendly everywhere. Our room lock was broken one night we were locked out for about 30 mins. The engineering dept came and Simo took very good care of us, very nice man. They apologized profusely and he would not even take a tip from me. He came back with a complementary breakfast certificate instead. We were very pleased with service.
We had cocktails at VU, be prepared for $15 per drink, and slow service at lounge. We got to the restaurant late one night about 10 and had soup and wine, the soup was delicious but the amount was like 6 oz for $9.
I needed to get to the Stanley theater in Jersey city and asked for a transportation they sent an SUV with a vey rude driver it cost $25. I took a cab back for $10. They quoted me $92 to take me to Newark airport, I called another company (A1) it was $57. The concierge was way too busy never used them, and I'm glad I didn't they charge xtra for everything. The service was excellent they want you to be happy. Mohammad the our waiter was wonderful to my mother and I he offered water to go, which was very thoughtful. Ana at the front desk also very friendly.
Overall I loved my experience at this hyatt. I would return because of the service, view, and the Path train.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Circleville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel has an unbelievable view of the Manhattan skyline. The entrance to the Subway Path is steps away and we were in NYC in 4 min.
The staff let us check in at 10:45 am because the room was ready, so we were able to park the car there, spend the at in NY, and come back to a relaxing, quiet atmosphere. There is a boardwalk area that We walked right outside the hotel where we could take unbelievable shots of the skyline and Statue of Liberty.
Staff treated us so well. Wonderful experience. Better than staying IN NYC!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice room, awesome breakfast, great gym, clean bathroom, over price, but a SPECTACULAR view of Manhattan, right next to the train o 10min from NYC, I recommand but try to deal price. My Harley was safely parked, thank you

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
W Hoboken
W Hoboken
#1 of 1 in Hoboken
4.5 of 5 stars 898 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Jersey City? Share your experiences!