“Great location and views towards Manhattan skyline” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Jersey City
GreenLeadersSilver level
denmark
“Great location and views towards Manhattan skyline”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are spaceous and for the most, clean. I've found hairs in the bathroom a few times, leading me to complain to management about this ongoing issue. However the staff are always kind to react swiftly without Any problems. The breakfast is good, offering a Nice variety of healthy as Well as sinful treats. The staff are immaculate and i always feel welcome. I Am a frequent visitor, I just wish they Would pay more attention to cleaning the bathroom properly. Because it is a really Nice hotel with a good ambience.

• Stayed May 2013
HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
ibizagirliedk,

As a frequent visitor, I apologize that this is an ongoing issue for you but we truly appreciate your feedback. This will only hope us to improve and I hope that next visit we meet those expectations.

Best,

Megan Gederian

1,501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Everyone knows a great view, Empire State, Top of the Rock, Essex House, etc. If you want the very best view of the Manhattan skyline, I mean undisputed-blow your socks off- you'll have to go to New Jersey. I'm not kidding.

There are other rooms plenty of rooms at the Hyatt in Jersey City. However, only two have balconies. If you are on a budget the smaller room is still $400+ with a balcony. If you can afford the $3000 per night for the Empire Room it is worth every penny. In fact, thirty of your friends could join you on your balcony and everyone would agree at the "Awesomeness" of the room.

The Hyatt is a very nice hotel with great service. The food is excellent and the restaurant offers several gluten free options. The Empire Room has a great bar and dining room. The view...the view...it's all about the view. Night, morning, it's all fabulous.

Boats skimming below you, the Statue of Liberty on your right, Empire State and Chrysler on you left, and directly in front of you is Freedom Tower and the most amazing sunset.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
artfoodienaught,

Thank you all the photo submissions! You've basically given everyone a portfolio to work with. Let us know when you return!

Best,

Megan Gederian
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. The view was none other than amazing. I have always preferred the Westin hotel lines, I chose. The this Hyatt because the path train to NYC is right out the door, wich was a must because I took my 86 yr old mother and its so convenient to get into manhattan. The views are like none other, we had the view of the manhattan skyline it was the WOW factor. The beds were comfy, the rooms clean, towels were definitely worn and old, for the price they should be plush. The staff was very friendly everywhere. Our room lock was broken one night we were locked out for about 30 mins. The engineering dept came and Simo took very good care of us, very nice man. They apologized profusely and he would not even take a tip from me. He came back with a complementary breakfast certificate instead. We were very pleased with service.
We had cocktails at VU, be prepared for $15 per drink, and slow service at lounge. We got to the restaurant late one night about 10 and had soup and wine, the soup was delicious but the amount was like 6 oz for $9.
I needed to get to the Stanley theater in Jersey city and asked for a transportation they sent an SUV with a vey rude driver it cost $25. I took a cab back for $10. They quoted me $92 to take me to Newark airport, I called another company (A1) it was $57. The concierge was way too busy never used them, and I'm glad I didn't they charge xtra for everything. The service was excellent they want you to be happy. Mohammad the our waiter was wonderful to my mother and I he offered water to go, which was very thoughtful. Ana at the front desk also very friendly.
Overall I loved my experience at this hyatt. I would return because of the service, view, and the Path train.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Circleville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel has an unbelievable view of the Manhattan skyline. The entrance to the Subway Path is steps away and we were in NYC in 4 min.
The staff let us check in at 10:45 am because the room was ready, so we were able to park the car there, spend the at in NY, and come back to a relaxing, quiet atmosphere. There is a boardwalk area that We walked right outside the hotel where we could take unbelievable shots of the skyline and Statue of Liberty.
Staff treated us so well. Wonderful experience. Better than staying IN NYC!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice room, awesome breakfast, great gym, clean bathroom, over price, but a SPECTACULAR view of Manhattan, right next to the train o 10min from NYC, I recommand but try to deal price. My Harley was safely parked, thank you

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Jersey City for my best friends wedding. The location is excellent. The Path station is just outside of the property. The views of the Manhattan skyline are beautiful. The hotel is located near lot of corporate companies but there is not much to do in Jersey City.

The rooms were spacious! We found the staff at the lobby to be very friendly. The breakfast buffet is very good,

Wonderful location, great service, and super fun wedding.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I loved the place. The rooms were big, clean. Had an excellent view of Manhattan, from my window. But then, with Hyatt, you can't expect anything else. The Wifi Coverage was good everywhere. Last but not the least, the location is a big plus. Shall certainly visit again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Jersey City? Share your experiences!