“Perfect stay...start to finish!” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Jersey City
GreenLeadersSilver level
FL
“Perfect stay...start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 nights over St. Patrick's Day weekend. As stated in the title, from check-in to check-out we had a great experience! We arrived earlier than planned and feared that we wouldn't be able to get in to our room to freshen up before hitting the city for St. Patrick's Day, but were plesantly surprised when not only was our room ready, but Megan G. at the front desk had upgraded our room! Off and running, the surprises kept coming. After having told Megan that this was or first trip away together after having been married and a newborn baby, she made the extra effort to ensure a memorable stay. Chocolate & champagne, turn down service, a beautiful breakfast and helpful ideas for activities and "must see's" during our stay, she really surpassed her responsibility to us the guest by truly making our stay a special one. The location of the property is ideal if you plan on spending time in NYC, as others note, it's a quick stop away on the Path; easy access to the city without the dowtown hotel price tag, a great value. We're already looking forward to making this an annual destination and will most certainly be staying with Megan G. and the rest of our new friends at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City! Thanks for the memories!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 7 nights at this great hotel so handy to the PATH trains at your door step and just across the river from downtown Manhattan . Rooms , food, service was suberb. Gym and pool was a great add on and meals that was supplied to the seminar I attended was just great. Would definitely visit again .

• Stayed May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during a good friend's Wedding. We loved the location and the views, but the staff truly set it apart. Everyone was friendly and went out of their way to greet us. We had an issue with our room, given the wrong beds, but that was corrected instantly and with a smile after a quick call to the front desk. They also honored an early-check in since we were in the Wedding party and got to the hotel before check-in time. Specifically, Megan and Liza at the front desk were wonderful.

The staff was also superb throughout the Wedding, often asking if we needed anything and checking in on our entire group. The food and ballroom at the Wedding were also great. Breakfast the next morning was nice, but nothing special (except the pancakes!).

The bed was comfortable, room was clean, gym and pool were both very nice. I don't know many hotels that are truly worth $300+ a night outside the city, but at the rate we paid for the Wedding, we were very happy!

Room Tip: The higher floors on the front end of the hotel are best, but you'll have a decent/good view of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was pretty disappointed by the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City. The location is ideal and the staff is well-meaning, but that doesn't cover up the blemishes. I stayed here for two nights because I had an event in the city and thought it would be less expensive to stay in New Jersey. What I saved in money, I sacrificed everywhere else. First, the room. We had a fourth floor room that looked out at the water - if you stood on your tiptoes to look over the low wall. I asked for a room on a higher floor, but I was told that there were events scheduled this same weekend and that the fourth floor would be quieter. And I'm very appreciative that she warned me.

But the room was not clean. The couch is covered in this odd looking material that looks like a pilled sweater, and when I got up close, I saw stains on it - some that had a consistency I'd rather not think about. It was frankly pretty disgusting.

On Saturday we were gone all day and then came back for a nap. I left the privacy key in the lock by mistake, so I asked for a 5pm clean-up. It never happened. We got back at midnight and the room hadn't been serviced. I called the front desk and she sent up linens and towels. So at midnight I made my own bed. In a hotel. Where I was paying about $300 a night. Granted, the front office manager offered to clean the room, but I was exhausted and didn't feel like having someone in there making my bed. I just wanted to go to sleep.

The next morning I was offered free breakfast, which was a nice gesture. And I have to single out Mohammed, one of the servers, who was absolutely gracious and charming. But overall, I was monumentally disappointed with my stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattJerseyCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jersey City, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
DCJetGirl,

It is disappointing to hear that you had such an experience with your room. We truly do appreciate your feedback because it allows us to look into these matters so that we can make changes. I hope this does not defer you from staying with us again so please let us know if you plan to return and feel free to contact me directly at megan.gederian@hyatt.com

Kind Regards,

Megan Gederian
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

As many other reviewers have commented, the views are fantastic.
But is that enough of a reason to stay here...?
The place seems rather tired and even dowdy in places for a hotel of its class.
And there is also petty penny-pinching for a hotel of this class: the coffee making facilities are nothing special (paper cups!) and the small bottles of water have a $3 price tag on them.
The views get this place 4 stars.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I took my mother to NYC for a quick getaway last weekend. Due to a death in the family, I though this would be a good way to get our minds off of our loss and to try to get us back into the normal flow of life.

If you are driving to NYC and do not want to deal with driving in the city, this is a great location. We valet parked the car and never had to worry with it through the rest of our stay. If you wish to go to the city, the PATH station is a two minute walk from the Hyatt's front door.

We booked a room with two double beds Manhattan View. Let me just say that this is probably the best view you will find of lower Manhattan. All I could say is WOW. We had a balcony overlooking the river and the city, as well as three other windows looking up the river as this was a corner room.

The room itself, is typical Hyatt. The beds were comfortable and the furnishings were stylishly modern. The bathroom was a little small and not quite as lavish as some Hyatts, but it was adequate.

The staff is excellent. They are genuinely friendly and seem to go out of their way to make you feel welcome. ALL of our interactions with the front desk were great.

The restaurant has a great view of the city as well. We had breakfast both mornings of our stay. They have an omelet station with the buffet. The setup is a little weird, but the staff is friendly and the food is good. Chicken sausage was a nice addition to the standard buffet.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend to anyone who wants to avoid the chaos of staying in the city, as well as the city pricing.

Room Tip: I think we were in 605. This is a room with two Queen Beds Manhattan View. The view is unmatched.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
crazyhotelguy,

I am so happy to hear you were able to have a last minute getaway and am truly sorry for your loss. It is not an easy thing to go through and am hoping the pleasant experience you had was able to put your mind at some ease. Thank you for your positive comments about our staff and taking the the time to provide us with a picture of your amazing view. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Megan Gederian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

In Jersey City parking is scarce so it will cost $32/day as a guest. The hotel is gorgeous and the view makes the entire trip worth it. The staff is courteous and I greatly enjoyed their gym. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hyatt Regency Jersey City? Share your experiences!