Lets start with the good bit...the price at about $230 nightly was reasonable.The room,bath and living area were okay, but the sheer lack of courtesy and decency shown by the front desk was disgusting. As a platinum member of PRIORITYCLUB, I was horrified when I was advised i was going to be charged half a day's rate for a checkout for even a minute past two pm ...Checkout was supposed to be twelve midday! And this on a Friday afternoon with the hotel facing a quiet weekend! I had a broken shoulder and ribs from a ten-day-previous riding accident so was in no position to assert myself physically with the smooth-talking front desk manager either, he deserved more than my quiet acceptance of his lousy terms! And this after staying three nights without a single courtesy afforded to me for my membership status! NO cleaning service, no fresh towels or soap, no refill of coffee sachets, no person at the front desk much of the time! This is quite sincerely the WORST hotel I have ever lived at, the management attitude ensured that! A blot on the otherwise good name of IHG hotels!! I have reviewed tons of hotels on TRIPADVISOR without ever giving a terrible rating,( or even a poor!) this is a sad first for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home bedding collection.The Candlewood Suites Jersey City is the only all suites hotel in the heart of the financial district of Jersey City, 214 suites, 8 floors, conveniently located near Harborside Financial Center, Exchange Place and Newport Financial Center. If New York City is your destination, the hotel is conveniently located between Exchange Place and Pavonia Path Stations. These trains will take you directly to midtown or lower Manhattan. Each spacious suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over-sized executive desk with free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and VCR. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, our hotel can offer you the best value in the Jersey City and New York City area.Check out our special 'City Pass Package', which focuses on making your New York vacation more affordable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Jersey City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Jersey City Hotel Jersey City
- Candlewood Jersey City
- Jersey City Candlewood Suites