“Pleasantly surprised on cleanliness and location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Jersey City
Pittsburgh
“Pleasantly surprised on cleanliness and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while in town for business. It is an extended stay hotel with housekeeping staff that does not come every day. Great so that you don't have to deal with the early knocks that sometimes stay at hotels. There is free coffee 24/7 in the small food/beverage area off of the library. Very reasonably priced snacks and drinks as well.
Rooms are quite spacious with full size fridge, dishwasher, stove, and microwave. Bathrooms are also quite large with plenty of towels.

Definitely a comfortable clean stay for a business trip!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Newton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Rooms all redone as well as the Hospital, Staff is top notch.Great views of NYC and local to the mall for shopping. near the light rail and water.Hotel was very quiet and they do have on site parking. Very comfortable bed and love th e kitchen area

Room Tip: great place to stay close to NYC this was not my first time here, will go back
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cape Town
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here on business for 5 nights and upon our arrival we were told that housekeeping would only come once per week, and that if we wanted to get new towels we could exchange our current ones at the front desk. Certainly not idea for a week long business trip. How this hotel manages to get the rates it is charging is a mystery!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Jersey City, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear butt80,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept my apology if you were not informed about our weekly housekeeping. Candlewood Suite hotels are fit for long term stays that's why housekeeping only comes once a week but if you need anything our front desk would be more than happy to accommodate you.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is a good option for travelers to NYC. Nice area in Jersey city next to a walking/running path. Very easy walk to the PATH train from jersey city to manhattan/WTC.

The staff are very friendly. The hotel room I stayed at is clean, having a fridge and microwave is always a plus. No free breakfast, but this was not a big deal as there were a lot of options within a 1 mile walking radius. Would stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I were travelling with my elderly father-in-law, and there are very few suite hotels available in NYC. This was ideal since the sofa bed was in another room for privacy. Clean suites, accommodating front desk, nice kitchenette and a great snack/coffee room in the lobby. Only a short walk to The Path train which takes you into NYC. It's tucked away in a business area, so it's quiet at night, but we felt very safe. We didn't cook in the kitchen, but did order in and there are lots of delis and Italian food places that are quick to deliver. Beds were very comfortable. Walls were a little thin, but not bad. There is no daily cleaning service, but they are very accommodating at the desk if you need to replenish towels, etc. A few blocks away is a breathtaking view of NYC from the waterfront. If you want to hop the train and enjoy the hustle and bustle of NYC during the day, this is a nice place to come back to to enjoy a little peace and quiet...and room to move about.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here two nights and had a pleasant experience. Because it's mainly extended stay, housekeeping will not come everyday. I actually prefer that. For two nights, I don't need a housekeeper. I can make my own bed. They told us we could get more towels at the front desk if we needed. Also, there is no breakfast like you might get at other hotels. Again, I was fine with that. I don't need a big breakfast and the coffee pot made a lot of coffee! I was traveling with my teenage daughter and just got her some cereal and milk in the little store in the lobby. Yes, you have to pay for it. But considering I was paying a lot less for this hotel than I would have even at the Courtyard Marriott down the street, I was still ahead of the game. PATH trains nearby...easy to get to the city. Safe, quiet area. Bed was comfortable. Everything clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Fitness room had plenty of equipment. Seemed new and well kept. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have never been a fan of large metropolitan areas. As you could imagine, NY/NJ falls significantly out of my comfort zone, for this reason. I would not normally travel to this area, but I had a work assignment which required me to do so. I struggled quite a bit on where to stay, balancing money, feeling of safety and proximity to the work site.

I chose this hotel because of its price and proximity. I could not know (other than reading some reviews) about the safety - but given the area, reviews and price point, I was going to have to just try it and see.

My big concern was parking a car, and the safety of that car in the parking lot. I read a review stating that this may be an issue, which influenced my worry. I am happy to say, that while I stayed here, there were no issues with my car (rental) or any other car in the parking lot (as far as I could tell). You need a keycard to get in and out of the parking (with a car), but anyone could walk up and into the parking area. But, like I said, this was not a problem. Oh, and the parking is free.

Overall the area feels quite safe. It is mostly a business area so there isn't really much to do after dark, though I do believe there is a mall nearby... I just didn't venture out.

The location was perfect for work and places to eat nearby (Chili's is in walking distance). It is also a very short walk to the PATH station, which will get you to the WTC area in no time at all.

The room was really quite fantastic. Way better than I expected... even at around $200 a night, nearby comparable hotels are at $450, so I expected something much more plain than what I received. In fact, what I received for a room was a spacious, comfortable, stylish studio suite. The bedding was comfortable, internet was fast and kitchen had a full refrigerator (to mention a few things).

If I had to come back to the NY/NJ/Manhattan/Jersey City area again, I would definitely stay here - whether or not I had a car.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd floor (316). It was close to the elevators (which I like) and had a view of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#3 of 11 in Jersey City
4.0 of 5 stars 496 reviews

Been to Candlewood Suites Jersey City? Share your experiences!