“Great Location for NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Jersey City
Washington DC
“Great Location for NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel is easy to find and a great location for those of us that want to do the sights of NYC during the day but wish for a relaxing evening away from the noise and hustle of the big city. The room was very clean and had the added bonus of a small balcony to people watch, although did find the air conditioning unit rather noisy, but then I am a very light sleeper. The staff were very friendly and knowledgable especially when enquiring about the PATH railway into the city.
Felt totally at ease in the area, we didn't have breakfast in the hotel as there is a cafe opposite and a great Irish bar called Dorrians with good food before strolling for 5 mins to the waterfront where I was amazed at the view of Manhattan lit up at night, that was a HUGE bonus, just sit on one of the many benches and drink in the view.
Getting to NYC costs $2.50 and takes about 10 mins on the PATH railway, only takes 1 minute to walk to the entrance, can get alittle crowded but is easy to navigate.
All in all would certainly recommend this hotel for it's location and although no view of Manhattan from the hotel, the view from the waterfront will take your breathe away. Why pay exorbitant prices in the city when this gem has it all.

Room Tip: Quieter on the upper floors away from the lifts
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I do a lot of work for a major Bank co. on the east coast and stay at the Courtyard whenever I can.
They have a nice clean facility and while I wish they had a full service restaurant their little bistro does a good job.
The Courtyard is right next to the Path for easy access to mid town and there is a mall across the street so you really have everything right there and without the high cost of midtown.
Make sure to say hello to Ashley and Bianca if they are working, they are very helpful and will go out of their way to accommodate and always have a smile on the face (Even during Sandy)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is the second or third time I have stayed here and it won't be the last. I have always had a great experience in this hotel. It is clean, the people are very helpful and nice, plus it is 100 yards away from the PATH to NYC. The parking is $16/day as opposed to 50+ in the city, which makes the 5 minute PATH ride worth it.

The rooms are clean and the cleaning staff are accommodating if you have special needs. I don't know if they have special beds or whether I was tired from the walking around the city, but we all slept like babies each night.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 3rd and 6th floors. They are the same. No noise in either room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mansfield, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived at the Courtyard and Bianca greeted me with open arms, like visiting relatives. This made me feel like home. So friendly and inviting. She told me my room, about the market, the Bistro and if I needed anything, just to call. I couldn't have been any happy. It was like having Mom around to take care of me. So worth the stay. Recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
John R, General Manager at Courtyard Jersey City Newport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to right about your experience at our hotel. Bianca will be so happy to hear your kind words. We pride to make our guests feel like their home away from home.
John Rojan
Duluth, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here for at least 3 weeks a month for several months in early 2013. I was never disappointed by the service or cleanliness of the rooms. By the end of my second week the staff knew my name and the regular cafe staff knew how I take my coffee and would often have it ready for me by the time I got up to the counter to order. The location in convenient because it is a short walk to public transportation, restaurants, an amazing view of NYC, and a shopping mall. If I am back in the NJ area, I will definitely return here.

Room Tip: Get a high floor to avoid traffic noise and end of the hall is possible, the elevators are a little...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel, area and staff. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stays, and that the staff has provided you with excellent service. We value your business and appreciate your loyalty.
John Rojan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I attended a wedding in Jersey city and this location was perfect. First of all, it was pretty easy to take nj transit train and PATH from Newark airport right to this location. Less than ten bucks! And as everyone has said, you literally walk out of the Newport PATH station and the Marriott is right there!

Also, I am a woman and I travelled alone and felt completely safe in this location. I returned from the wedding at 1 am and honestly I felt very secure. I was often out walking from various restaurants at 11 pm.

There is a mall across the streeet

I walked to Hoboken along the Hudson River walk, but you could also take PATH there

I was able to take the PATH to 33rd street and then walk to Times Square, Central Park, etc. you can also hop on ny subways and go anywhere in NYC

If I didn't have a wedding to attend, I probably would stay in NYC if I wanted to see NYC sights. The PATH can get quite crammed and you probably wouldn't want to go back and forth to hotel to rest a bit between activities; if all your sightseeing is in NYC, I'd stay in NYC

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed in various Manhattan hotels, but the Courtyard Jersey City Newport hotel beats them all hands down for location, price, and quality of stay. Mind you, it's not just a better compromise: It's better on all these counts. For location, you are just next to the PATH station to the World Trade Center, a seven-minute ride with trains that leave every ten minutes. There is also a queue of taxi cabs parked right outside the hotel. The neighborhood is clean and modern, and quiet at night. For price, it's less than a third of what I paid for much worse, crammed, and noisy places in Manhattan. For quality, it's one of the best chain hotels I've ever stayed at. Rooms are large, spotless, modern, comfortable, and quiet, and you can actually open the balcony door for fresh air. There is an efficient bistro downstairs that serves good breakfast (you order and pay at the counter, they bring you the food). They also serve other meals, but I haven't tried those. Staff is very friendly, helpful, and efficient. There is a Bank of America nearby, a "Cosi`" coffee place, a UPS store, several other stores and services. I kept thinking "this is too good to be true" and expecting a catch somewhere, but there was none. This is an unbelievable deal!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Jersey City Newport? Share your experiences!