“Awesome fun. But if a pain to get too” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 11 Attractions in Jersey City
Type: Race Car Tracks, Theaters & Stadiums
More attraction details
Owner description: Pole Position Raceway is home to the premiere indoor karting entertainment facility in the New York/Jersey City area. Just 3 Miles from Manhattan, the 80,000 sq. foot two-track facility features the fastest (45 mph) electric karts in the United States, perfect for racers and beginners alike. At Pole Position, it is all about authenticity, exhilaration and safety. Each race is fifteen laps and each lap is 1/4 mile. Kids from 48"-56" ride karts built especially for them. Adults (with drivers License) & youth 56' and taller without Drivers License drive Adult Karts.Pole Position Raceway is great for the Arrive and Drive Racer, Personal Celebration and Corporate Events. There are different Group Race Packages which culminate in a Medal Ceremony. There are also Mezzanines and Party Rooms available for spectators and events.Pole Position Raceway also features video and virtual arcade games, an impressive display of racing memorabilia and more...
London, UK
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome fun. But if a pain to get too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Awesome fun. Electric cars are super-fast and you don’t have the petrol smell. You can wear you normal clothes. The cars go fast enough that you can scare yourself silly on the back straight. Professional staff, well organised and slick.
Huge amounts of fun. Did two races and that was enough, one would be not enough.

It was expensive and it’s a pain to get to, you need a car and not easy if you in NY or NJ as a tourist

Visited April 2014

12 attraction reviews
“Adrenaline Rush”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We came from Hoboken to Pole Position Raceway as Go-Kart beginners. When you race, instead of placing you by the amount of laps you have done, it is about how long each lap takes, so during a race in which I would have come in 12th, I came in 7th, as my last lap was unusually speedy. As a kid, I didn't have to wait more than 20 minutes. For the adults, the wait was a much longer 60 minutes. But really, the twists and turns really give you an adrenaline rush. To those reading, during the U-turns, don't put your foot on the brakes. If you are up for the thrill, you can just make the turn at high speed without crashing into a wall. The prices were about $30 or less per trip. I am very excited to be going back soon for a birthday party.

Visited May 2014
14 attraction reviews
“Such Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I really enjoyed coming here with my family. My parents took me here as a surprise birthday gift, and it was stupendous! I liked that there was a range of ages. The only thing that was a bit upsetting is the long wait. The wait for my parents race was so long -an hour or so- so they changed their race and let us do another race instead. I think that if you wait so long, they should make the race longer than 10 minutes. It is near NYC, so anyone visiting should go to Pole Position. They host birthday parties and team meetings. Let's go back!

Visited May 2014
14 attraction reviews
“Be prepared to wait!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great fun place, went to just have fun with friends it wasn't bad at all we waited to drive the karts that drives 45mph, but the wait was over 2hrs(we went on a saturday night I'm assuming thats why) so we just drove the ones that went 35mph which wasn't bad at all they were fast enough and we only had to wait 30min. They don't have any resturants just over priced snacks. Small arcade area great place for kids as well.

Visited March 2014
Zach T, Public Relations Manager at Pole Position Raceway, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello,

So glad that you enjoyed the racing! If you would like to avoid lines in the future, I recommend coming on the weekdays, when the lines are much more manageable. Enjoy!!
“Way over crowded”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

It's was interesting to race go karts indoors but fun
We had almost everyone staring at us (I guess cause we were wearing camo)
It cost to much to race once
Ppl there are not friendly at all
One decent thing was if u checked in on fb you got a free monster
Overall I can spend less money and go way faster than 45 mph on a go kart

Visited March 2014

Been to Pole Position Raceway? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pole Position Raceway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.