“Lots of Fun (even when you lose the race!)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 attractions in Jersey City
Type: Race Car Tracks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Pole Position Raceway is home to the premiere indoor karting entertainment facility in the New York/Jersey City area. Just 3 Miles from Manhattan, the 80,000 sq. foot two-track facility features the fastest (45 mph) electric karts in the United States, perfect for racers and beginners alike. At Pole Position, it is all about authenticity, exhilaration and safety. Each race is fifteen laps and each lap is 1/4 mile. Kids from 48"-56" ride karts built especially for them. Adults (with drivers License) & youth 56' and taller without Drivers License drive Adult Karts.Pole Position Raceway is great for the Arrive and Drive Racer, Personal Celebration and Corporate Events. There are different Group Race Packages which culminate in a Medal Ceremony. There are also Mezzanines and Party Rooms available for spectators and events.Pole Position Raceway also features video and virtual arcade games, an impressive display of racing memorabilia and more...
New Jersey
55 attraction reviews
“Lots of Fun (even when you lose the race!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My boyfriend loves go karts so I swallowed my fears and brought him here as a birthday gift. The facility is clean and well organized, and it looks like the track and all the equipment are in great shape. I was very nervous as I don't care for go karts much, but the staff were all super helpful and encouraging. Once you are on the track, it is such a rush! They can actually control the speed of the cars remotely so if someone gets stuck in a turn or hits a barrier, they can slow everyone on the track down until that person rights themselves. It was very comforting to know that someone besides me could control the car!

I came in dead last in my race but I really didn't mind. After the race you get a print out of all your stats, a great souvenir for the kids. Some people want to break their personal records and others are just cruising around, so you can go at whatever speed you are comfortable.

Another tip, we visited on a Sunday morning right around opening time, so it wasn't crowded and we didn't have to wait long for our race to start. The only reason this wasn't a perfect score is because it is a little pricey, but it was a really fun time.

Visited July 2013
Zach T, Manager at Pole Position Raceway, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi,

Great job overcoming your fears! Glad you and your boyfriend had such a fun time. Keep on racing; you'll get better if you just keep trying!

Bedford
16 attraction reviews
“Great time - Sweet Sixteen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hey, the girls just wanted to have fun, so the day started off with Kart Racing. Pole Position does a great job with the kart racing. Their staff is well trained and provided a great, fun, safe experience. Yes, it was pricey, but worth it that day.

Visited January 2013
Zach T, Manager at Pole Position Raceway, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello,

So glad to hear that you had a great day at Pole Position Raceway. We take pride in providing excellent and unique parties for every event, catered to your particular needs and wants.

Also, nothing is more important the providing stellar customer service and we appreciate you noticing the hard work from our employees.

Thanks again for having your party with Pole Position Raceway and we hope to see you again soon.

Pole Position Raceway
Jersey City, New Jersey
“A fun day for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My son and nephew have been there several times. They always have a ball. My son had a birthday party and it was great. If you are considering a party make sure that you guest arrive early. They don't like to accommodate late guest.

Visited August 2012
Zach T, Manager at Pole Position Raceway, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Lynette,

So glad your son's birthday party was great and that you have visited us multiple times. He must be a great racer at this point!

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
“I'll Race Ya!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

First of all, I have a license but I'm a nervous nelly when it comes to getting behind the wheel. So when my friend brought me to the track to "conquer my fear", let's just say, I was less-than-enthused. My heart raced faster than the zooming cars on the track and I kept swallowing while punching my data information in the little kiosk area (name, address, and "racing name", thank you). I had no idea I would get such a rush from racing around in a circle & crashing a bunch of times...all in a controlled space. The raceway is an excellent way to spend the day and I encourage large groups to go...it makes the experience that much more F-U-N! I thought it would be like high-powered bumper-cars, but really, it was like a live-action race video game. The venue was clean and the staff were kind and understanding when I hit a little snafu backing up my racecar. The venue can setup individual races as well as teams and I felt confident as I was given my own car to race against my friend. The only warning is that some folks really like competing in these things so don't be surprised if you bump a lot while racers attempt to set their "best record". As long as you're not a competive person and understand that it's all in good fun, it won't matter. I also liked the safety features which allows staffers to control your speed from the console if you're a little reckless on the track or if (like me) you're just rusty and bad at it. Don't let the raceway intimidate. Just go and enjoy and laugh your head off when you slam into the rubberized walls on the turns...(I meant to do that)!

Visited July 2013
Hi Lisa,

We're thrilled Pole Position Raceway could help you overcome your trepidation to go on and have a great time! We strive to make everyone feel comfortable, safe and exhilarated from the most experienced racer, to someone whose never been behind the wheel of a car before.

We hope to see you again soon!

North Plainfield, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
“Great fun on a rainy day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Saw the billboard so many times passing through Jersey City, and decided to finally try it out. It's a bit pricey, but by far the best go cart place in the area. The facility is clean and functional with a few video games to play while you are waiting for your turn. No frills here. There seemed to be a decent spectator section, but it was not crowded when we were there at all. The cashier said weekend nights are jam packed! We were told that on Monday nights they open up the two courses and co-join them as one huge course. I can't wait to try that. The staff at the course area were pretty good. We seemed to wait for awhile, even though it was not crowded. The loudspeaker was not very good and it was hard to hear when your name was called. Tip: If you are going for the first time and you are not sure if you want to "buy" extra races, you can purchase your race and if you like it, you can stop at the casher on your way out and upgrade to a package deal. We will definitely return here.

Visited June 2013
Zach T, Manager at Pole Position Raceway, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello,

So glad you had a great time at Pole Position Raceway! We pride ourselves on great customer service and premium racing.

Marketing Manager

Been to Pole Position Raceway? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pole Position Raceway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later