“Clean Hotel, Amazing views of Lower Manhattan” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Jersey City
New Jersey
“Clean Hotel, Amazing views of Lower Manhattan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel itself is very clean and organized with good service. At the same time you have an amazing view to lower Manhattan. Higher the better for views of Manhattan. Don't expect nice skyline view from every room. Will have to pay extra for that but it is worth it for special occasions. Staff was courteous and professional. They don't have dedicated free parking for guests so be ready to pay for parking which is $20+/day for Valet which will afford you anytime in/out privilege.

Room Tip: Ask for the Newport Premium with views of Manhattan -- Will have to pay for the view but definitely...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hello afroze,

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time at our property and you were pleased with the service. It is wonderful to hear such positive feedback from such valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Executive Assistant to the General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Nice hotel to stay if you want to stay near public transport to NYC. The first room we were assigned had dirty and wet carpet so we had to change our room. They don't have dedicated free parking for guests so be ready to pay for parking which is $20+/day. Don't expect nice skyline view from every room. Staff was courteous and professional. Overall, you could find nicer hotel in cheaper price nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Navdeep V,

Thank you for taking the time out to review out hotel. I am delighted to read that overall you stay met your requirements; however, I am disappointed to hear that the carpet in your room was not up to the standard upon your arrival. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to welcoming soon for refreshing stay and providing you with the consistent service you deserve.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I always stayed in NYC during my visits but this time I made the best choice by coming to Jersey City and staying in Westin.

The location is great, why?
It's a clean, modern neighborhood
Next to the subway (15 mins to hear of Manhattan)
Next to water taxi which I definitely suggest to try
Next to the mall, if u have lady with you, it might help.. No TAX

The hotel itself is very clean and organized with good service. At the same time you have an amazing view to lower manhattan. Im attaching the photo I took from my room in the 8th floor. Go higher and get even better views.

We didnt try the food or other services so I dont comment on those.

Stayed July 2014
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello Alithegreat,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. I am delight to hear that a wonderful time at our property and, you were able to enjoy the amenities of the hotel. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such encouraging comments from our valued guests.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Upon arrival you'll notice the property's dated exterior, however judgments should be suspended until check-in. ALL interior spaces have undergone top-notch renovations; public spaces and guest rooms alike.

The view from our "premium-room" was worth the added expense alone, spectacular! I suspect the premium rooms are quieter than the standard as they are located on a southeast corner with emergency-stairs serving as a buffer between neighboring rooms. Suites are located on the southwest corner, sharing only a narrow strip of bathroom wall, which had virtually no noise bleed. Further still the premium-room and suite share a common foyer with a door that can be closed to further dampen sound.

The room was clean and well appointment with plenty of room to place our things. The "Heavenly Bed" was exactly that but I haven't come a cross a Westin were it wasn't. Lovely bath with separate shower and deep freestanding soaking tub with breath-taking view of lower Manhattan. The windows slid open just enough to let in the sounds of a beautiful thunderstorm over Manhattan; an unforgettable experience.

The property is incredibly dog friendly, which weighed heavily in our decision to stay. No pet deposit or cleaning fee, just a reasonable liability waiver. I believe only one dog (small) is permitted per room; check with hotel. Loved the fact that we weren't limited to a "pet-floor." Left dog in bath with door open but blocked (by kennel) to allow air circulation (bathroom does not have AC vents). Request an extra key if traveling with pet as climate control requires room key to operate.

The hotel is a short block away from the PATH train ($2.50 one way) to Manhattan, which runs regularly until 11:00 pm when 30+ mins can pass between trains.

This is a GREAT property, we will stay again!

Stayed July 2014
Hello atblakek86,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

the stay was fine but the wake up call at 5am for my two night without requesting was annoying !!! check in was easy and check out was awful, valet attendance very efficient, call ahead of time to get your car ready I did not get housekeeping service as I deny however when I check out I got a charge of two bottles of water when I did not even open them, not a big deal $3.75 however was not fair. The hotel is clean and well located!

Room Tip: high floor, city view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Hello David C,

Thank you for taking the time out to review out hotel. I am delighted to read that overall you stay met your requirements; however, I am disappointed to hear that you were woken up by unexpended wake up call. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please feel free to email at Bhumika.bharucha@westin.com so that I may look into the water charges for you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed in 2 rooms while on my tour in NYC at the Westin. 1 room was their premier suite and it was a fantastic room. I got to relax with a sweeping view of the NYC skyline & Hudson river. The bathtub was a great kick back after photo shoots & video work. Pretty amazed how big it was. Room was a great setup with fridge, desk for my laptop, window views across from bed.

The 2nd room I stayed in was another suite but it had 2 beds and was not a riverfront view. Room had more of a side angle view but still saw some of NYC & hudson. It was cheaper and still a great stay.

Beds were plush always. Good business room for printing. Great location, just 1.5 blocks from PATH station entrance.

Staff was very courteous. Everyone from security to front desk were great aiding my needs.

Room Tip: If you can afford it & only need 1 bed, use the best suite that has the tub & sweeping city...
Green Features: Very clean and much fo everything seems to have a green/organic theme.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bhumika B, Executive Office at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello RoVegas,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. I am delight to hear that a wonderful time at our property. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such encouraging comments from our valued guests.

Waldorf, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have been using Trip Advisor to plan my trips and writing reviews for years now. We traveled to this hotel for a one night stay on 6/21 prior to our cruise which was leaving out of NY. We chose to stay here because the NY hotel prices are outrageous. We arrived early and were able to check in without a problem. The front desk staff was not overly friendly, but efficient. We are members and it was barely acknowledged that we are. There was a wedding party staying at the hotel and the kitchen/restaurant manager on duty both days was very friendly and helpful (wish I could remember his name) so was the guy who helped us with our bags. Rooms are nicely decorated and they bed and bedding were super comfortable. The parking is $22. per day with no in and out unless you are using the valet, so if you leave you pay again. I thought this was terrible. We have stayed at other hotels where you have the convenience of going in and out with self park and not paying each time. We had a standard room which when I asked for a room with a view they gave us one on the 16th floor with a beautiful partial view of the water and NY skyline. The lobby is pretty and inviting. It is conveniently located near the PATH station (across the street), Lightrail (behind) and you can walk to many shops and restaurants in the area including the Newport Mall http://www.simon.com/mall/newport-centre which has a lot of nice stores and is right behind it with a strip mall that has a BJ's and Bed Bath and Beyond beside it. The mall also has an AMC Theatre and a food court. Nice shopping in NJ as we found out that purchases of clothing under 120. aren't charged tax. There is a Five Guys which has great burgers down the street to the right as you exit which made my son happy. There is a Bank of America right across the street. There was a Mr. Frosty parked up the street to the left 1 block where we got some delicious ice cream which took us back to our childhood and the price couldn't be beat. I take it he parks there in the evening on the weekends. A banana split was 5. Which my husband and I had to share since it was big. YUMMY!! We walked along the waterfront and there was a band playing about a few blocks down. It is a very nice area to walk around in. We felt safe. We had breakfast at the Brownstone Diner which is a 5 min. ride away which had very good food. http://www.brownstonediner.com/ We would return to this hotel again. It was nice and comfortable and perfect for our needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Jersey City, Newport? Share your experiences!