“Great location just out of the city” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Jersey City
Montreal, Canada
“Great location just out of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel for a NYC visit easter weekend.

We arrived Friday morning at 11H00 am, our room was not ready (we didn't expect it would be since we arrived 4 hours before check in)... We decided to upgrade to an available room... great decision. We had room 1000 ... the view was amazing. We had a beautiful view of the Freedom tower (WTC), from everywhere in the room (including the bathroom) we had a view of the city. We had a view of the city from the bathtub!!!

Nicely decorated room, clean. Comfortable bed. Everything was great about that room.

Nicely located, 5 minutes walk from the Path train to the city, within 15 minutes you are on 33rd street and 6th avenue. Only bad thing about the Path train is during the weekend, less service, they combine 2 lines so more travelling because you always have to go through the Hoboken station.

Lot of tour bus goes at this hotel but we never felt crowded (restaurant, bar, lobby, check in/check out).

Surroundings looks quiet and calm. My wife went jogging near the water without any problems.

Breakfast buffet a bit expensive (19$/person) but good choice available. Great lobby and bar area.

The Fire and Oak restaurant was really good. We ate there twice and everything we had was good. A bit noisy but great food and service.

We will go there again

Room Tip: Room 1000 has an amazing view of the city
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Greetings Jean-Francois N,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and your upgraded room was to your satisfaction. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such encouraging comments from our valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Please be assured that I have forward to your comments about the breakfast to our management for their review.
Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming soon for refreshing stay.

Executive Assistant to the General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Very hard to rate this visit. There's lots to recommend this Westin. Comfortable bed, good towels, (mostly) friendly and attentive staff. Its location is good for trips to Manhattan, just a short walk away from the Path train that takes you right into NYC. We were here about four years ago and had a faultless stay but some things didn't work as well for us this time. The breakfasts were not as good as before and the woman overseeing the buffet certainly hadn't been to charm school. We had a problem with a peculiar noise - possibly electrical - in the wall of our room which disturbed our first night. The first time we reported it to the reception desk in the morning it was pretty much ignored. However, in the evening when we returned and found nothing had been done, the manager couldn't have been more helpful and immediately came to investigate, moved us swiftly to another room and gave us free breakfasts the next morning. So because of him we've rated this a 4 rather than a 3.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Greetings JR,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that based on your excellent experience during your prior visit you chose to return to our property. I am disappointed your breakfast experience and your front desk experience in the morning were not up to your satisfaction. I have forwarded to comments to our front desk and restaurant managers for their review with their staff. I am delighted to hear that our Manager on Duty was able to move your room and restore your faith in your property.

Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

we went up for just and evening - the hotel was convenient, clean, extremely comfortable especially the mattress, Room service was outstanding and the hotel was very quiet for being in the middle of a big city with all those rooms - we didn't hear so much as a door close. We would definitely come back if we need to go to Manhattan again.

the only two problems - make up mirror was falling off the wall and the pay for movies were really really expensive. No biggy

Room Tip: we were near the elevator on the fourth floor - good room no problems
Green Features: they advertised them but we were not there long enough to use them
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bhumika B, Executive Assitant at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Greetings travelingtoschool,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property even that snow storm and we were able to provide a comforting stay. As we strive to achieve excellence in customer service, it is wonderful to receive such encouraging comments from our valued guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Please feel free to email me at bhumika.bharucha@westin.com so that I can take a look at that mirror and have if fixed if it has not been fixed already.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back soon for another refreshing stay.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've stayed here on a few occasions. The staff are friendly and professional. The rooms are well priced and consistently clean. I had one issue with the shower not working on my last stay. I didn't make a fuss about it because I didn't get in until after midnight. I would definitely come back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Atis,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that we are able to deliver the level of service that you are accustomed to. It is wonderful to receive such positive feedback from guests like you. I am disappointed that your shower did not work during your last stay. Please feel free to email me at Bhumika.bharucha@westin.com so that I can look into issue of the shower not working properly in your room.

Tuscaloosa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a very nice hotel with spacious well appointed rooms. The hotel staff were all very courteous and friendly. Excellent location within walking distance to the Path train system(about 2 minutes). We had a very enjoyable le stay and I would highly recommend the hotel. I will return for another stay.

• Stayed April 2014
Greetings wadeaminut,

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hotel is clean and the room was very spacious and well appointed - exactly what one would hope for from a Westin or similar business hotel. The bed was large and very comfy - and felt a little decadent but lead to good nights sleep. While there were no "wow" moments, there were also no nasty surprises; it was what I hoped for.

The staff were helpful and they did listen to my needs and work to accommodate my requests. I was a little shocked, however, that hotels are still charging for wifi in the rooms and only provide 1 hour free access in the lounge each "sitting". I believe that a hotel that lines itself up to cater to business clients would have made working a little easier.

I would say that it was not that competitively priced and while it was very close to the PATH, you still had to travel to get into New York City. This was a consideration because, despite the quality of the restaurant, other eating options were hard to come by close to the hotel (walking distance).

Green Features: Rushed process during check-in = not clear what it is. Usually no housekeeping = no towel/sheet refresh, at the Westin it means no one visits your room. The $5.00 coupon says that it is valid for food purchases in the hotel. There is no fine print but it can not be used everywhere
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Greetings TabathaSoItay,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience staying at our property. As we strive to have achieve the excellence in customer service, it wonderful to here that our staff was able to deliver services to your satisfaction. We hope to welcome you soon to provide some “wow” moments to your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me at Bhumika.bharucha@westin.com prior to your arrival and I would be delighted to assist you in personalizing your stay to your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you soon for a refreshing stay.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Hotel is nice and clean. Concierge and front desk Service was inconsistent. I loved the Go Green feature rewarding me $5 everyday I declined maid service. Neat deal to pack light and have the hotel provide you with New Balance workout gear and shoes. Liked the Fire and Oak bar restaurant. My room in the 5th floor smelled like something to cover up smoke.

• Stayed April 2014
Bhumika B, Executive Assistant at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Greetings Allimarcin,

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay at our property. I am glad to hear that you were able take advantage of our Go Green option.

Feedback is our best opportunity to hear the voice of the customer, and to learn the areas in which we can improve our service. Please feel free to email me at bhumika.bharucha@westin.com so that we I can look into your stay further.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel to experience the service you deserve.

Executive Assistant to the General Manager

Been to The Westin Jersey City, Newport? Share your experiences!