“Perfect Location and Facilities” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Jersey City
Ponce, Puerto Rico
“Perfect Location and Facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Easy Acces to the hotel, Available Transportation, Room are big enough,Bathroom with all amenities. Excellent Conference rooms and the snacks were delicious.
Complimentary w-ifi in most cases The staff is very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Westin is the first choice when visiting the NY/NJ Metro area. The staff, service, food, and lodging are top notch in the area. I recommend the premium room with the NY City skyline view and soaking tub!! Excellent location for access to NY or NJ.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have excellent NY City views and soaking tub with separate shower and double sinks.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just back from a recent business visit to New Jersey, stayed in the Westin NJ for 4 nights. I found it a really nice hotel perfect for our groups needs The manageress Karen we dealt with could nt have been more helpfull. The rooms were beautifully furnished, big with a very comfortable kingsize bed. We were lucky to have the rooms that look out over the Hudson and New York City and the views from the 16th floor were just amazing esp at night when the new Freedom Tower is all lit up. The location of this hotel is perfect for anyone who wants the peace and quiet of a beautiful neighbourhood but then is only a short train or cab ride to the heart of the big apple. The breakfast was very tasty and plentiful and the serving staff were attentive and very plesant. Anothe plus for this hotel is its location to the new marina and the large shopping mall next door complete with Macys etc etc.
If I was returning to NJ I would definately stay in this hotel but with the heart of NYC beating so close I would have to go the extra and stay in Manhattan. But it is an excellent hotel and gets top marks from me.

Room Tip: look for a room on a high floor that over looks the Hudson with the NYC as a back drop well worth th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Leslie T, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear ciaran m,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay and the service we provided. I will be sure to forward your comments to our Management Team so that they may acknowledge the staff on a job well done.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon for another enjoyable stay.

Leslie Thompson
Abuja, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I don't like the fact that we were charged occupancy /tourism at the rate of $2.41, state tax at the rate of $16.88, city/local tax at the rate of $14.47 and additional $2.00 that we know nothing about . All these taxes were charged on daily basis. They should have told us there are hidden charges. Otherwise, the room was neat and comfortable. Debbie was very nice and helpful, but the concierge was rude.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leslie T, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Jersey City, Newport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our property. Please allow me to address your concerns. I am sorry if you feel you were charged incorrectly for your stay. In addition to the room rate, by state law, we are required to collect a total of 14.0 Percent for applicable taxes as follows:

Occupancy:
6.0 Percent Per Room Per Night

Municipal State:
1.0 Percent Per Room Per Night

Nj Sales Tax:
7.0 Percent Per Room Per Night

These charges are collected for State tax purposes and are not retained or utilized by the hotel. I hope this information is helpful in explaining why you were charged as you were.

I would also like to apologize if you felt you were not treated well by someone on our staff. Please be assured that I have forwarded your comments to our Management team to review in order to ensure better service in future. I have also forwarded your comments regarding our Front Desk agent to her Managers so that she may receive the recognition she deserves for a job well-done. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope we have the opportunity welcome you back soon for a more enjoyable stay.

Leslie Thompson
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is my 2nd trip to this hotel for business and will not stay anywhere else. I made a mistake and booked at another location for a previous trip where I had some time to myself (you can read in one of my other reviews) and the Westin turned what started as a horrible trip into a fantastic one.

Location - It's situated very close to the PATH making it easy to get to and from both the Train and Airport. It's close enough that walking to it with my luggage was not a big deal. There are also a lot of restaurants, bars and a shopping mall within walking distance making it a very good location to do everything without having to go far. As a bonus, it's right across from the NYC skyline making for some amazing sunsets.

The Hotel - Check In was quick, pleasant, informative and they generally have enough people on staff to keep there from being a wait. They have a bar in the main lobby, little store by the elevators in case you forgot anything or wanted something small.

The rooms are terrific! Updated, stylish, nice bathroom, comfortable bed, new LED TV's, and clean (important). The soaps & shampoos are all great (I generally use my own when I travel because I don't care for most at the hotels) and the fact that I'm bothering to even mention it says something. They also offer a service where you can get workout clothes/shoes on loan so you can workout without having to bring your own stuff, which if you travel like me and only bring a carry, it's a blessing to not bother with extra shoes, and extra sets of workout clothes for each day.

I could go on and on about this hotel because I was really impressed with the staff, the hotel itself, amenities and location but I'll let you judge for yourself. As I mentioned in the title, when I have to go to Jersey City for business, this is the only hotel I stay at.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room overlooking the Hudson
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our family of four was driving through the NYC area on a trip to Maine and wanted to stop in Hoboken for a visit to Carlo's Bakery. We got a great deal on this hotel through a 4-star for the price of a 2-star hotel site, and we were THRILLED with what we got for the money. The hotel and rooms were beautiful, comfortable, and very clean. The kids loved the indoor pool which was much appreciated after an eleven hour drive. I used the gym the next morning - it had a great variety of top-notch equipment. The trip to Carlo's early the next morning was effortless - a few minutes' walk to the PATH train and our stop was the first one - there and back in no time. From our room we had a magnificent view of One WTC and a beautiful city skyline. I loved the beach area to the rear of the adjacent shopping mall - really made us feel like we were on vacation to sit with drinks in comfy chairs and take in the skyline. The hotel staff was okay - not super warm and friendly or anything, and there was not a drop of free coffee to be found in the lobby the next morning, but our room coffee maker had Starbucks coffee so I guess that was intended as a substitute. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel without reservation. Next time we return to NYC, I'll try to get a room here again.

Room Tip: As for a room with a view of One WTC.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is very modern and the location superb , the staff are professional and extremely courteous and make you feel at home from the very start. The concierge desk is especially helpful with great tips on travel both around New Jersey and into NYC via the PATH. I have dined in Fire and Oak most evenings and the food is spectacular , especially the Rib Eye Steak.

Room Tip: Best to request a high floor as there is ambient noise from the street and a/c units on the main flo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Jersey City, Newport? Share your experiences!