I recently stayed in this hotel for a business meeting and had a very good experience I wanted to share.
The hotel is probably located around an hour drive from JFK (depending on the hour - peak time could take 1.5 hours), but not too far away from Manhattan (although if you want to travel to spend time in Manhattan I would recommend staying in a hotel closer to that part since it does take a few minutes in traffic).
Upon arrival hotel staff was really helpful and speedy with the registration. Room was very nicely kept, clean, smelled fresh, and furniture was updated. Bed was very comfortable - as per Westin's standard. Noise filtering is decent --although you can clearly hear doors locks opening and closing but you cannot hear guests in the adjoining rooms. Internet connection worked perfectly - which is important for a business traveler.
The hotel restaurant is very nice --you will find that there are not many quality restaurants in the surrounding area but this restaurant has enough variety to have dinner there a few days in a row.
There is also a nearby shopping center with a food court and several popular stores, walking distance just behind the hotel. However, be advise you must be careful with your valuables, since a colleague from work got his wallet stolen while he was distracted on the phone at the Macy's store. The shopping center also has a PATH train station that connects to Newark,and other NYC locations.
As an additional comment, the hotel's service is consistent both at the time you're there as well if you have to call back with any claim. Upon reviewing my hotel folio once again I noticed that I had a charge I didn't make and called the hotel, who transferred me to Neil in accounting. I would like to commend his work: he picked up the phone from my very first call, located the folio and charge right away and asked if he could return my call shorly so he could look into the receipt. Within an hour he called back and adjusted my bill. I must say this surpassed my expectations since I've stayed in other hotels where a similar situation has happened and I've had to leave several messages to the accounting department and wait several weeks to get expense fixed. My special thanks to Neil for being so attentive and working with my situation promptly.
In summary, I would gladly return to this hotel and would recommend to anyone staying in this area.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Jersey City, Newport Hotel Jersey City
- The Westin Jersey City, Newport Hotel
- Westin Jersey City
- Westin Jersey City Newport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Jersey City Newport is close to Newark Liberty International Airport, Wall Street, Manhattan's World Financial Center, Greenwich Village; Union Square; Midtown Manhattan, and Times Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Jersey City, Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.