We spent just one night here prior to a cruise December 2012. We had traveled all day thru a terrible snowstorm in Pennsylvania, and were stressed and ready to rest. Friendly welcome and handy valet parking and we were on our way to our rooms. We were disappointed that even though we called that afternoon to make sure one room had 2 beds,( for us and 2 kids) when we arrived they only had king bed rooms left. In-laws in room down the hall, and a very nice rollaway was brought in to our room for one of the boys...the rest of us slept in the king bed and did get a good night of rest regardless. This was a Hotwire reservation so I knew we would have to take what we could get. Prior to retiring for the night we had planned to take the PATH train over to NYC and have dinner and view the 911 Memorial. We had obtained online free tickets months before . Being 5 hours past schedule due to the bad storm, made this impossible however:( So we ordered yummy Italian food in to the hotel and then explored the hotel, used the gorgeous pool and hot tub and the boys even worked out in the fitness center. Everything very spacious and clean. There was a large loud Indian wedding reception going on in one of the conference rooms on our floor, but the noise never bothered us in our rooms. Husband boys and I walked across the street to the end of a little walkway that overlooked New York Harbor, and vieewed the spectacular skyline. It was freezing cold so we didn't linger, but this is a very nice area and we commented it would be a wonderful base for exploring NYC in a warmer season.
We wish we could have arrived earlier to enjoy the city, but had a very nice night and woke up feeling relaxed and ready to cruise! Hoboken is literally 1.5 miles from this hotel so we went the next morning to try to go to Cake Boss...made the mistake of eating breakfast at Johnny Rockets first, and by the time we got to Carlos Bakery, the line was 60 deep waiting outside:( We decided not to wait, and heading to the Bayonne cruise port , which was only 10-15 min from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Jersey City Newport is close to Newark Liberty International Airport, Wall Street, Manhattan's World Financial Center, Greenwich Village; Union Square; Midtown Manhattan, and Times Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Jersey City, Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Jersey City, Newport Hotel Jersey City
- Westin Jersey City Newport