“go to the bar” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
New York City, New York
“go to the bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I like the bar, the drinks are strong. Food? I really don't remember, i guess average. But it'a nice place to hang out...

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

55% Recommend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I would have given this...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

I would have given this four stars after my first visit, however, my second visit wasn't so spectacular. My food was fine, but my dining companion's wasn't. The menu was ambiguous, and the food wasn't prepared properly. Also, we learned from the waiter that the food isn't necessarily all prepared fresh. That being said, I personally like the food. I just worry about the consistency of the menu from item to item and visit to visit. The food is also a little pricey for what it is. On the other hand, of the restaurants I've visited in Jersey City, it's one of the better ones. I may go back here (especially since they have a good happy hour), but I don't think I'll be able to convince my girlfriend to do the same.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've never had a bad meal here. My favourite place in Jersey City.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

I've never had a bad meal here. My favourite place in Jersey City.

Hudson County, NJ
“it's all right”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

the food can be really good but it's inconsistent. some dishes, like the mac & cheese, are great, but, it's sometimes a gamble on specials (some taste thawed or tepid), etc. The decor is a modern/industrial with a throwback to the days when the space was a bank; the vault is usually open and you can peek inside. There is a really nice mezzanine lounge area. The drinks are tasty and there's a nice crowd most nights.

Bayonne, New Jersey