“A funky, cool, well designed, well priced place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Iselin
Sydney
“A funky, cool, well designed, well priced place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I really liked this place. It had a great feel about it with contemporary decor and excellent service staff.
The breakfast area and food in the buffet was good and well priced. They even had a 'quick serve' breakfast area at the bar where you could grab a quick coffee, snack and take off.
This place is not really close to anything in particular but as I was working in Metropark was only a few minutes Taxi away from work or the Metropard train station.

The service was one of the best I have experienced where the reception remem bered my name and were able to assist me in all sorts of things. I really appreciated their excellent attention to customer service which really made the business stay a nice one.

The entry area was filled with great modern art and contemporary furniture.

There was a great Gymnasium with enclosed pool as well as an outdoor pool during the warmer months.

There was not a real view from my level 4 but I don't think any room had a good vista. Not to worry, i was there for work and not play.

Room Tip: A great place if you have a need to be near this venue.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We are frequently in mid Jersey to visit family and friends, and this time chose the Renaissance Woodbridge for location and price. A room on the 6th floor (upgraded because of Marriott Gold status) was a standard size dbl/dbl with incredible beds, fresh linens, and luxury towels. Black granite counters and floor in bathroom were shining. The club lounge on the 7th floor was included, and the breakfast on Friday was adequate. The Friday evening snacks were minimal. The lounge is closed on Saturday so a voucher for the breakfast buffet in Olio was a real pleasure. Excellent variety and quality of items; good service. All of the front desk Navigators were prompt to greet us each time we entered and always responded quickly to any questions. Built in the 1980's as a Sheraton, the makeover to the Renaissance brand is chic and thorough. Didn't use the indoor pool or gym, but both were above average in size and equipment.

Room Tip: Facing west with a view of the sunset, and away from the Rt. 1 traffic (well insulated so really had...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thanks for discovering us.Glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you staying with us on your next Woodbridge adventure.

At your service
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions over the years. On my most recent visit I noticed how much friendlier the front desk staff were. The shuttle service was also excellent.
The rooms are a little scruffy but have good beds and nice comforters. The pillows had improved since my previous visit. The room has no minibar and a very basic coffee maker. What I did like was the free wi-fi.
The bathrooms are similar to those in most chain hotels. I did like the towels however, and the toiletries include a small tube of toothpaste, which is useful.
The gym is good and the swimming pool looks inviting. The location next to a main highway can be both an advantage and disadvantage. There are restaurants nearby and a shopping mall within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for noticing the improvements to our service levels. We are glad you found the rooms comfortable. Please continue to let us know how we can make your stays better in the future
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Renaissance Woodbridge hotel is conveniently located next to US Route 1 not too far from Newark airport. The hotel is well equipped with pool and bar and a good restaurant is located in the front yard. Breakfast is sufficient and good Starbucks coffee is served. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Good beds! The bathroom also is comfortable and clean and good products are available. The hotel staff is great. Friendly, professional and swift. a Perfect choice should you need one in the region.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here two nights on business.

Pro: Staff is very friendly.

Con: I wasn't totally happy with my room. The hotel itself seems to be from perhaps the 70s, with updating done. My room was mostly updated but the bathroom could have been better. The worst thing was the soap holder in the tub, which was a very outdated metal holder screwed into the wall (but coming loose). It seemed to be either rusty or very discolored. I would not put my bar of soap in it. It had nothing to do with the cleaning done by the maid because the room seemed very clean. However, the bathroom seemed to be in need of overall updating.

The ventilation system also could have been better, but this seems to be a fairly common problem in hotels.

Bed was comfortable. Very large flat screen TV. This was probably the first hotel room I've ever been in that did not have a clock radio. There was an iPod player but I couldn't see the time if I woke up at night. Very uncomfortable for me, but I probably should have just asked them to replace it with a clock radio. A colleague told me she had a clock radio in her room so I'm sure they would've switched it out if I'd asked.

I believe the hotel has a shuttle to take guests to nearby shops and restaurants. Do not walk to the Ruby Tuesday or TGIFriday's across the street. Front desk staff said it was walking distance--even though it was a short distance, it was dangerous crossing the street to get there. Even more dangerous after dark.

I would stay here again. The issues I encountered weren't bad enough to make me stay away.

Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very interesting and exotic decor for a Marriott hotel....at first I wasn't sure what to think, but it started to grow on me, and after a day, I decided I really liked it... it has cool lighting, bold design and neat mood music. The restaurant and rooms have a very modern and sophisticated look. The only thing that really didn't work for me was the standard room sofa, which seemed more like a large inexpensive and uncomfortable futon (also, the solid color makes it hard to keep clean). The breakfast and lunch were excellent and the location is very convenient to restaurants, shopping, services and the Newark airport (about 20 minutes away). The staff is very efficient, but would help if they showed a little more care and empathy for the hotel's clients. The entry off US 1 is not well lit at night and quite abrupt, so go slow and be ready when it comes up....

Room Tip: Ask from room set back from US 1 for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference this past weekend and while the hotel itself was nice, I had a few problems. First of all, as it was a large conference and it started in the morning, I didn't expect to check in early and so was not surprised when they asked me to store my baggage when I arrived at noon. That was fine. They told me to come back at 2 and I'd have a room. Came back at 2, and the girl said "yeah we're not checking anyone in right now. come back at 4. actually, even later would be better." No apology. I realize that the normal check in was 4, but if I was told 2, they could have at least apologized or explained. I was starting to get worried i'd even have a place to stay. At 4:45 I finally got a room.

The room had no safe which I thought was odd for a hotel that hosts conferences and business meetings...where was I supposed to securely store my laptop? I ended up lugging it around with me all day because I did not feel comfortable keeping it in the room. I've never been to a hotel in my life that didn't have an in-room safe. Bizarre.

At breakfast I was given a coffee cup that had lipstick stains on it and had to ask for a new one. Service at the hotel restaurant was extremely slow, even though it wasn't crowded at the time, but the food was good.

Overall I wasn't overly impressed mostly due to the service aspect, but the price was affordable and the lobby and common areas are nice and modern. Bed was comfy, too. My room was on the first floor and it was quiet. Hotel was extremely easy to find and right off the Garden State Parkway. I'll be back, only because this conference is held at the same hotel every year, so I don't have much of a choice!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!