“Great weekend, comfortable stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Iselin
Solebury, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great weekend, comfortable stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was here two nights for a high school reunion. There appeared to be several events going on when I arrived on Friday night around 10PM. Easy check-in, and accommodating help when I requested a room near the elevator.

Tons of people all over the hotel, but it was still fairly quiet in the lounge/bar where I found a few friends who also had arrived early. The bartender made me a good drink when I described the contents, since I did not know the name. Bar prices are higher than I'd like, but appropriate for North Jersey/near Manhattan.

I was able to get juice and coffee in the lounge the next morning. And then we were off for the day. Returned late afternoon to find more friends in the lounge, and we became a large but not too noisy group. Someone who had chosen to eat dinner in the lounge rather than the restaurant was 'put off' by the level of noise, but it is a lounge/bar after all!

The rooms are comfortable size. I understand the hotel was recently renovated. All seemed clean and up-to-date with decor, fluffy comforters, etc. As the beds are high, I did have a bit of trouble getting in! Amenities included coffee pot (to be carried to an outlet since none at location); enough coffee for one cup of regular, one of decaf, or tea; two liquid creamers (more would have been appreciated) and sugar; Aveda soaps; shampoo, conditional and cream; toothpaste. Sorry... don't recall if there was a blow dryer or not. Imagine there was. Plus three fluffy bath towels, hand towels and washcloths. On the second day, the remaining fresh towels from the day before were the only ones present.

Our meal at the reunion was pretty good, but it was set up in the hallway as we approached our room... a little strange at the time, since registration was there too! Everything was warm and looked/tasted good. Coffee and desserts were set up inside the room later. A bar was in the room.

Surprised later when I went to the bar and ordered a rusty nail on the rocks. Just barely enough Drambuie to make the drink. And the bartender told me it was the only one I could have... no more Drambuie! Don't know if that was all that was in stock, or she was too lazy to get another bottle. I think the first, which surprises me in such a big hotel.

Had a good night's sleep both nights, but was awakened early Sunday with a call from Room Service that the waiter was at my door. I had not ordered room service! Another phone call but no one there. And finally a call asking me if I would LIKE to order room service. Not a happy camper, as all this took place before 8AM and I had been up until 2:30AM!

When I went to check out, I was CHARGED for $30 of room service. However, after explaining the morning's debacle, the clerk removed the charges and supposedly added Marriott points to my account for the misunderstanding.

I DID have breakfast (mistakenly called Brunch) downstairs. My idea of brunch is a cross between lunch and breakfast. This was strictly breakfast, but served until 11AM. Eggs, omelets made to order, oatmeal, fresh fruit, dry French toast, sausage and bacon, breads and Danish, etc. Big pitchers of ice water, oj and coffee on the table. The best part was the oj and an apple bread. All for $18, I think.

Note to travelers unfamiliar with the Renaissance location. It is NOT that easy to spot on Route 1. It sits back from the road behind other buildings. The address is 515 Rt. 1. At the intersection past the hotel heading north, there is a large Jewish cemetery on the right. Heading south, use Best Buy as your indicator that the hotel is in the next block. If you turn into the 555 office building, you can get to the hotel parking lot. This was a challenge every time!

Room Tip: I needed a room near the elevator. Because of the hotel size and the number of guests/parties, I wou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your feed back. sorry about the Drambui. i f you get a chance to stop buy the hotel in the future ask for me and the Rusty nails will be on the house.

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
North Canton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were attending a football game out of state, and decided to stay here. The rooms were clean, and the staff helpful. This hotel got it's upgrade from being a prior hotel, and after talking to many of the staff, they Love the new look, and some have worked there for many many years. Food is okay, very basic for a "buffet style". I would recommend this hotel for short stays.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stay here through work and need a good rest in preparation for work!
Twice now I have been given rooms I overlooking the pool where the noise comes from. Hotel fully a where of this but still put me in a room overlooking the pool!
If you need rest do not stay here!

• Stayed October 2012
Sorry that the noise from the pool bothered you. We did have a wedding ceremony out there the day you stayed. The reception was inside so it was ovr early. I apologize that we did not anticipate your needs when assigning a room.

in a full service hotel enviroment there is always the opportunity for noise especially during the day that can bother guests. We will always do our best to assign rooms in quieter hallways or sections based on guest requests. in the event that a situation is bothering guests that is out of our control we will always be happy to relocate your room to a quieter spot.

Thanks for your feedback
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was tee for one night on a business trip. Staff is incredibly friendly. Being a frequent traveler I got the chance of being upgraded to a suite. Very big room, comfy bed.
However, loud old A/C unit, the kind tat will wake you up when it starts to un in the middle of the night.
Lobby has been renovated, but rooms are pretty old, hence the a/c . Caulk on bath tub/shower was old and had mold!
Also, rumor says is the perfect hotel for unfaithful spouses...

On a brighter note, food was good, however lounge food was bad, they had burnt chicken wings for afternoon apetizer...

Room Tip: Room 122 is a very quite suite with view to the parking lot and its all night on lights...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I am glad everyone was friendly. We did get in that room right away and have recaulked the tub thanks to your observation.

I am sorry about the wings on the club level. My expectations is that the food is always restaurant quality. i will follow up to insure we have the proper checks and balances in place to provide the best product to our top customers in the lounge.

At your service
Olyphant, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay during the Labor Day weekend. The rooms at this hotel are very spacious, clean, and comfortable; the staff is friendly, helpful, and very nice to talk to. The pools were very nice, and clean [they have two, indoors and outdoors], cabanas, plenty of chairs and lounges, towels, and in the summertime, outside bar area. You can even order room service to be delivered out to the pool area. We spent plenty of time in the pools, both inside and out, and the temperature was very comfortable.
We had breakfast at the Olio Restaurant on both mornings, and opted for the buffet. This buffet is great, fresh omelets, fruit, cereals, pastries, and for a great price. The staff in the restaurant is very nice, and we spoke and laughed with many of them, two who remembers us from prior visits. The front desk staff is exceptionally nice, and always willing to assist with anything. The cleaning staff and maintance staff were also very nice, and always said hello every time we saw them.
The interior of this hotel is very modern, and actually very cool to look around at the paintings that are done, on sight. They are hung throughout the lobby and make sure a great conversation. I do not know much about the artist, but these paintings are exceptional.
This was about the fourth time my husband and I stayed at this hotel. We live in Northeastern PA, but both love the ocean. The last time we were at this hotel, the General Manager advised me of a closer beach, same distance from my home, but closer to the hotel, which was Long Branch, NJ. He was spot on! That beach is better for people like my husband and me, looking for a beach, and not a boardwalk. I am glad we listened to him, and went to Long Branch.
I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you just want to get away for a couple of days. It is conveniently located, easy to get to, and has many restaurants within the hotel, as well as around the hotel. Looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: All rooms are very spacious, and comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad everything worked out so well. Come back and see us again soon. I will be happy to help you discover some other great local spots.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel numerous time the staff are very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are adequate and some rooms have large walk in showers. During the summer their is a large pool party that occurs on Sundays they rent out the pool area to groups who bring in a live DJ it can be noisy, but the atmosphere is fun for adults. Their are 3-4 good restaurants in walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed the Hotel. We pride ourselves in being experts in the local area and are always happy to help someone discover a great new experience.
Based on feedback from our valued customers we discontinued the pool parties in August. We moved forward with a more family friendly platform.

Thanks for your business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here twice now, the first time better than the second but still the best option in the area compared to the limited options.
First the hotel is modern and has a nice lobby, comfortable rooms, great bedding. Nice fitness room as well. The hotel is near a strip mall meaning you can walk over to some chain restaurants and a Japanese place. That is a big leg up on the dated Hilton. The hotel offers a shuttle service if your carless and taking the train to metro park. I found the pickup service spotty though and had to wait longer than desired (30 minutes). Its easier to get out of the hotel using the shuttle service if you sign up.
If your on the concierge level, the lounge is ok. The evening service wasnt great, food ok but the attendant was more interested in watching tv and chatting with colleagues. Morning was better. Decent breakfast too.
Noticed some noise from the adjacent room but having been to the Hilton, it was much better overall where the noise was a big problem for me.
THis hotel is decent, a little overpriced and service is underwhelming but again options limited.
Prior stay I gave four stars, slips a notch now.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!