“Stop the noise!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Iselin
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Stop the noise!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is one of the NOISIEST hotels I have EVER stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot.
The maids seem to think its ok to let the doors slam every time they come in and out of a room, and they do this about 5 times per room. They need a doorstop or something to keep the door open, the doors here are heavy and boy do they slam.
There were also a ton of kids/ teenagers staying here and they seemed to think it perfectly acceptable to run up and down the corridors shouting, screaming & slamming doors until 4am. Management should have been on top of this.
The tv also seems to be on some sort of power saving mode and just turns itself off every hour or so, very annoying.
They have a shuttle to the nearby malls which is great, but the first shuttle to the menlo park mall doesn't leave until 12.15, why so late?
The rooms are clean and comfy, but if I hear one more door slam...

• Stayed August 2013
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I am sorry that the noise at the Hotel disturbed you. We did have a few louder than usual youth groups in over your stay. Our security and overnight staff try to respond quickly to any noise complaint as soon as they are alerted. I am happy to tell you that we have found a new product that keeps the doors open during the cleaning process and prevents the in and out banging. it is nice to have really good solid doors but they can be loud if not closed gently.

The shuttles to the mall begin at 10 am everyday. I am sorry that that was not communicated to you. We do have two shuttles now and our goal is to get everyone where they need to be as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your feedback. we rely on our guests to help us immprove the experience for everyone.

at your service

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
BOS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I can only give 4* for this hotel because the check-in was not was very pleasant. The front desk employee right away called a supervisor and they started questioning the rate I was paying and wanted to know how I got it. This was a Marriott.com booking and I was pretty pissed that they wanted a print out of my reservation. Apparently their revenue department couldn't figure out my rate and honestly this is something they need to figure out with Marriott corporate and not with the customer! Anyway, I left them my print-out and demanded a room.
Everything else was fine, room was good, exec. lounge was fine and the downstairs bar had a good selection as well. At check-out I was billed the confirmed rate and no more questioning. This is a fine hotel if you need to stay in this area, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice comments about the Hotel. WE really appreciate your business. I want to apologize for the check in experience. I am not sure of why my fassociates would question a rate that was booked through the system. I will do my best to follow up so this does not happen again.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

stayed there two weekends in the summer. went to relax by the pool. first weekend was very crowded and the other weekend was completely empty. the staff is super nice and super friendly. the manger is nice as well. they rent out their pool on sunday to a group of young kids who like to drink and party and have a live dj with loud music. after many guests complained they stopped it. the pool was dirty. but room is affordable and breakfast is good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
The customer spoke and we listened. We have discontinued the Sunday pool events. We still have our Guitar player on Saturday from 4 to 7 and the pool bar is open all weekend with frozen drinks and great food. We wnt to provide a friendly upbeat atmospher for our overnight guests. We value everyones input. Thank you so much for the nice words about the staff.
Sewell, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Checked into this hotel on two distinct days one week apart and both times they checked me into a room that was already occupied. One mistake is acceptable, but two times? wow. The general manager did seek me out and comp my dinner one night and put 10,000 points in my account. Note that I am a platinum member. I am wary of the front desk service of this hotel. I must add the bar and food service is pretty good for a Renaissance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Eric,
it was good to talk to you and i am glad you enjoyed the food and bar service. As we spoke the fact that you were checked int an occupied room was unacceptable and twice is certainly too much. We did have some anommolies with our room status communication but we are sure that we have corrected the issues and this will not happen on your next visit.

Thanks for being a loyal customer and thanks for the feedback. make sure you tell everyone how good the six points brewery sweet action beer is.

At your service.
Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here several times on business, the most recent time in June. It was mid-week and we arrived late (11.45pm) due to a delayed flight. One reason for choosing Marriott and the 'Renaissance' brand is that usually you can get a late meal or beer if your travel plans changed. Really disappointed to find that that restaurant/bar was already close and no room service available. Rooms are standard and gym is adequate but for $200/night you tend to expect a little more.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great room, very spacious. Bed was comfortable. Pool was clean and a decent size. Overall great value for the area.

Only down point was irregular room cleaning. Had to request our room be cleaned one day which should not be needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chris Q, Manager at Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks for the great comments and the feedback. We are always trying to upgrade the guest experience. Really sorryyou had to call for housekeeping service. Make sure you let us know when you are coming back and we will be sure to exceed every expectation.

At your service
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Would highly recommend this hotel if you're in the area for family gatherings, meetings, or other non-tourist reasons. It's close to the airport, on major local roads, and has nice suites to spend time with the family. Staff was friendly and breakfast included in some rates which is rather good. Overall pleasant and comfortable stay

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review and feedback. If you find yourself in the Hotel again ask for me. I and my staff will help you discover some of the local places to sip, savour and see. We have a lot of hidden gems and are happy to help folks find them.

At your service

Been to Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!