“Reasonable and comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Woodbridge at Metropark

You added Hotel Woodbridge at Metropark to your Saves list
Hotel Woodbridge at Metropark
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Wood Avenue South, Iselin, NJ 08830-2709 (Formerly Hilton Woodbridge)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Iselin
California
“Reasonable and comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and have enjoyed both stays. The rooms are large and clean with good hi speed internet access. The bar is first class with a friendly staff and has great entertainment on weekends. The breakfast buffet is quite good and has a wide assortment. The staff is pleasant and very helpful. The parking unfortunately is outside only and there is no mini-bar nor refrigerators in the room. Still a good hotel and I recommend it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2008

I booked this hotel for the way home because I ran into it by accident trying to find the Hampton Inn.

If first impressions can be any indication of what lies ahead, then this Hilton was sure to make me pay attention! The front desk is incredible. I have to add that the initial impression upon checking in was that the girl at the desk was a little rude, but I let it slide.

My room was spacious and clean....quiet. A bit disconcerting that there was a brass piece affixed to the door that seemed to be there to keep someone from prying the door open. Otherwise, I was very pleased with everything, right down to the gym.

The breakfast was a little pricey, but a great selection of everything at the buffet.

• Liked — Accessability
  • Disliked — creepy brass things on the door
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

The Hilton is mostly a business hotel...I believe some floors serve as offices for some companies, and they do many meetings and conferences here.

As you get off the Garden State Parkway, you see the logo and unique shape of the building right away, which at first glance may not look like anything special.

I was fortunate enough to celebrate my wedding at the Hilton recently. As prices seem to climb astronomically, so has the pricetag of a wedding, particularly in New Jersey. Out of all the other banquet facilities and hotels that I considered before booking my reception, I was most comfortable with the Hilton. They had renovated the ballroom shortly before I saw it and it was beautiful. My (then) fiance was sold right when he saw it. We were very concerned with our budget though...and it seemed like we would not be able to afford such a lavish site. However, after working with Joe, the catering director, we were thrilled to realize that they could accomodate us and our requests. Throughout the entire process, Joe and the entire staff were nothing short of fabulous. They calmed our nerves, helped us with last minute changes, and on the big day, everything went perfectly. The ceremony room, cocktail area, and ballroom were exquisitely decorated. The maitre 'd, Shady, was the best, replenishing our drinks even before we thought to ask, working seamlessly with our DJ, and making sure we were enjoying ourselves. The evening went so smoothly that I was disappointed that it passed so quickly!

Our honeymoon suite was huge with a living room, full bathroom "powder room" and connected to the bedroom and master bathroom. On the other side, there were two double doors, so the suite could have been expandable to encompass two bedrooms. We were able to have an after-party of sorts with our friends who were also staying at the hotel. After we retired to the bedroom, we were also able to finally enjoy food that we had to skip during the wedding...they sent up two full entrees and salads, along with an assortment of sodas, a bottle of champagne, and a two bottles of beer.

I would absolutely recommend the Hilton, especially for their event planning! I can't wait to plan another big party with them!

• Liked — Service was fantastic! Free Wifi
  • Disliked — Outside facade was a bit tired looking
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Perth Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

Not one of the best Hilton's I have stayed in the hotel looks tiered and one of the main restaurants is now closed . The staff were however very friendly the Gym is in good condition but get their early as it gets busy . Breakfast was average .

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Looks old
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Long Branch, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel before with little to complain about. My last stay was a far different story. As an elite Hilton Member they put me in a room near the vending machines which are also near the elevators, the noise from both kept me awake. The bathrooms have undergone renovations lately but they still have their 1970 bathtubs and this one was not very clean. The air contditioning was very weak and did not cool off the room very well. When I brought this up to Phil at the front desk all he could do was say sorry, come stay again.
Breakfast at this place is fair at best. I have stayed at many other hiltons with much nicer rooms and much better service. The only place for this outdated hotel is if you need to catch the train early in teh morning.

• Liked — location to train station
  • Disliked — poor customer service , old bathrooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Marlborough, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

overpriced, good restaurants, crowded place- lot of conferences (couple of floors are businesses). Can't get a cup of coffee in the main area. Parking- on both sides of building. Near the train -10 minute walk. It's an all out Hilton- not economy class hotel.
It has a gym and pool- both are adequate for a business travelers needs. A week would be too long here.

• Liked — near train- parking
  • Disliked — the first couple floors are utilized by other companies in the building
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton last week and cannot believe that it carries the name Hilton. The check in was good however when I got to the room the bathroom sink was caked in dried blood. In addition the decor for the whole plave was very dated. Look at the hotel room doors - most have chips in and need repair. There was no mini bar in the room for water. Room service food was dreadful, very dry and expensive. I moved out after a couple of days and stayed at the neasby Sheraton, much better. Don't waste your money, it's not worth the risk.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Woodbridge at Metropark? Share your experiences!