“GREAT HOTEL, RUDE Front-Desk Staff !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Woodbridge at Metropark

You added Hotel Woodbridge at Metropark to your Saves list
Hotel Woodbridge at Metropark
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Wood Avenue South, Iselin, NJ 08830-2709 (Formerly Hilton Woodbridge)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Iselin
cooldadmark
“GREAT HOTEL, RUDE Front-Desk Staff !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Bottom line, this hotel has a lobby that rivals any 5 star hotel, seems like a high end hotel from the minute you walk in the door. HOWEVER that experience was totally ruined as soon as we reached the front-desk and was rudely greeted by a clerk who obviously hates her job and seemed preturbed to have to check us in.
Our room was VERY clean, very spacious, looks like it was just recently remodeled, if not, was well maintained. SERIOUSLY comfortable beds and clean new looking linens. Shower was clean, bathroom was what we expected.
The entire experience was ruined by the rude staff at the front-desk, their attitude was unacceptable, we were treated more like inmates than welcomed guests. Hilton Honors members no-less. The clerk at the front-desk was quick to remind us that we were only Silver level Hilton Honors members and not GOLD members. So I guess she was justifying her substandard treatment of us.
GREAT hotel, if you are speaking of the accomedations and property itself, impressive for this particular area. NOT so great if you are speaking of the front-desk staff.
To the owner, if you would hire front-desk staff that know how to smile and treated the guests like they appreciated the business, you would have a home run.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with the rooms. Naturally the further away from the elevator, the less noise...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I were in town visiting family. Our biggest issue with this property was the way I was treated by the management. We were kept up all night because a group of people decided to continue their party in their room(s). Although this is a non-smoking hotel, the guests were smoking and the smell was coming into our room. I called down to the front desk to let them know, but it does not appear that much was done. The noise got worse and at one point about 10-15 people were hanging out in the hall in front of my room at about 2:00. I needed to be up early and could not sleep. I had to call down 2 more times before the party broke up. When I tried to talk to the management during the day about the incident, no one seemed to know anything about it. I was very concerned about their lack of concern. I was offered a $20 credit for the night of the incident. I have to say, I probably won't be back again. This was a large hotel and it was not sold out. If you have a wedding party staying on one floor, why would you put me and my family near them to begin with?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I'm a HH Gold and traveled to Iselin by train on a business trip. The building was probably built in the 60s but the room had been renovated so had the modern conveniences one would want and was very spacious. The desk space and fast internet allowed me to work comfortably and the huge gym gave me an opportunity to get in a few workouts. The breakfast buffet was good and then the hotel shuttle dropped me off at the Iselin train station. Good service, great gym and everything I needed for a great business trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Piscataway, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I were there for my Nephews wedding. The Hilton staff did a great job with a room for the ceremony, and the reception event was second to none! The food and service were impeccable! The wait staff were very attentive to peoples needs and wants. Even making a special meal for my great nephew that has just about every food intolerance there is. Our hotel room was well equipped, but could use some modernizations in the interior decor.
The only thing that happened that bothered us a great deal was that after the reception we all went to the hotel bar. We had a great time there, and our charges the next day were correctly documented on our receipt, but when my wife checked the bank account online she noticed they took and extra $85! When she called the hotel to inquire what it was, they explained that a "Mr ?" had charged it at the bar, after hours. The hotel never asked us if anyone else could charge to our room, nor was this person a guest of the wedding. They did give us our money back, but having used an ATM Visa, it takes MANY days for the money to reappear.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cary, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

As a Hilton Diamond I have stayed at at least 70 different Hilton properties worldwide, and this BY FAR is the WORST Hilton property I have ever stayed at. Lets start with the room, if you would like to know what the room looks like, just turn on that 70's show. Because it is obvious (with the exception of a flat screen tv) the rooms haven't been updated since this property was put in service. The wallpaper is separating everywhere, and I cannot describe the hideousness of the bathtub, it literally is that bad.

The hotel advertises itself as a full service hotel, but that is more of a suggestion. The bars close before the closing times, the room service also decided that the hours they were supposed to work were more like suggestions, so they left as well. The one meal I have had here was a breakfast buffet that was so bad that the continental breakfast at a red roof inn would have been better.

So, my advice...STAY AWAY...unless you want to walk down memory lane and stay in the 70's.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonWoodbridge, General Manager at Hotel Woodbridge at Metropark, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the look and feel of your guest room and the quality and convenience of our dining options. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we work to improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Anne Baykowski
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed in this hotel last month during our trip to US Canada. Its a very good hotel, clean, comfortable. However, we were a part of a tour group. The Tour company had probably arranged for the group to be served breakfast separately, and the hotel did that. Of course this is probably the tour company's fault, but then the poor quality of the breakfast reflects on the hotel too. There was no bread or cereals or fruits even. It left a bad impression on us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Suwanee, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed on a Friday and Saturday...Can't complain about anything. Hotel was a great place to stay, just what I would expect from a Hilton. Rooms were clean. Only complaint I had was specific to our room location. We backed up to the elevator and the ice machine was steps away from our door. Needless to say, it was a little noisy. We probably would have been accommodated if we had asked to change our room but since we had just got off a 10 hour flight from Europe, had a SNAFU with our rental car out of JFK and had to take a shuttle to Newark to get a car (at 10PM) we were exhausted. Next time...I will make sure our room isn't near the elevator.

Room Tip: Ask where the room is in regard to the elevator and stay at the other end!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Woodbridge at Metropark? Share your experiences!