“It was very good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Union Avenue, Irvington, NJ 07111   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Irvington
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“It was very good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

1st I would like to thank Carolina and depa, 2nd this the second time for me and my wife to make reservation with this hotel it's avery nice hotel location and all staff very nice and helpful breakfast very good everything was fine

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying with us. Carolina and Deepa are extremely Thankful for their recognition while assisting you and your wife. I'm extremely happy to hear you have visited us twice and we hope you can visit us many many more! I Thank You once again for choosing our property and the doors of our facility will always be open to wonderful guests like yourself who remind us that our every day work is significant to make your stay as pleasant, comfortable, and worry free as we can possibly manage it to be!

Hoping to see you soon,

Viridiana A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our Travel agent recommended this Hotel to us near the Airport, and I am SO glad he did. The Hotel has really big and comfortable bedrooms. The room was really clean. The staff was really professional and kind. The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the airport!!! Excellent for us since we were flying the next morning.

I left my wallet in the bedroom, and when I realized I called the Hotel right away. I am so pleased the staff responded in a professional manner. They found the wallet and it was returned to us with all the money and documents! VERY HONEST & PROFESSIONAL STAFF!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm so glad that we were able to assist you in every step of the way! Our main goal in this establishment is to serve our guests the way we would serve our family! I'm glad we were able to find your wallet and return it to it's rightful owner. I Thank You once again for choosing our property and I would like you to think of us the next time you travel to NJ!!

Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I needed a hotel near the airport with WIFI and a free shuttle. It has those but I didn't think it was that near to the airport, to get the shuttle from the terminal you have to take another airport free bus to the P4 parking area where the hotel busses pick up, and you have to call the hotel (on the free phone) to arrange pick up, so I didn't find it very convenient.
The room was huge with two large beds and a big TV, a fridge, aircon, large walk in closet, nice shower. The room was clean and comfortable.
They also have free PCs to use but you have to stand up in a small, hot room, but they worked.
Nice free buffet breakfast which I enjoyed, the dining room can get busy.
The Staff were friendly.
I found the reception behind a screen off putting, but all the doors are operated by the key card, so people cant just walk in. One night there was a loud screaming argument in another room which was a bit off putting too.
However, you really need a car to make the best of this hotel. I travelled from the UK, I did not feel at all comfortable in the local area, someone warned me not to walk out or use the busses, so I did feel a little imprisoned there. Its in Irvington and located in a residential area with blocks of flats across the road.
but a short taxi ride away you are in millionaires row, its amazing the contrast in such a short distance. I recommend it for a comfy, cheap and clean room for a couple of nights. it is good value. but I cant say I'd go back because I like to walk to shops etc and I didn't feel I could do that there.
All that of course is beyond the control of the hotel, so if your driving its good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying with us. I'm glad our shuttle services were of great use and that you found our spacious rooms equipped with wifi clean and up to your standards. I'm also happy to know you were able to try our continental breakfast! I'm sorry to hear about your traveling experience we often recommend different options to our guests who love to shop such as directions to the nearest mall outlets and more! I Thank You once again for choosing our property and would love to invite you back for an even better stay!

Warrenville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Once you get past the bulletproof glass in the lobby, this is actually a very nice motel. My wife and I stayed 3 nights as we visited Hoboken, NJ and New York City. Our room was very big and clean- it even had a huge walk-in closet. The staff was very polite and helpful with everything we needed

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying with us. I'm honored to know we were able to meet your expectations and cleaning standards with our big spacious rooms. I'm also glad to know our friendly staff was able to help you in all we were possibly able to. I Thank You once again for choosing our property and I hope you'll think of us the next time you travel back to New Jersey!

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel room was clean and spacious, had a tv that was working well, but the wifi was weak. The elevator is a little shady though. The airport shuttle service was a little slow and apparently had a reputation for not picking people up. - we got picked up but after a few calls were made. But the people were nice and very helpful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
parkwayhospitality, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying with us. I'm glad to know that our spacious rooms equipped with the latest smart T.V's where clean and up to your standards. I'm sorry to hear our shuttle was late while trying to pick you up from the Airport, unfortunately unpredictable road construction and heavy traffic may play a part on such delays. I'm extremely happy to know however, our friendly staff was able to help you in all of your needs. I Thank You once again for choosing our property and I would definitely love to invite you back the next time you're back in Jersey!

Carolina Rivera
Gauting, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We found it a very good place to stay. A really huge room with two king size beds, a couch and a spacious closet. Quiet. The room and the hotel were well kept and clean. The staff was friendly. They offered free breakfast, including tasty orange juice, hard boiled eggs, wafer machine, bagels and mini muffins. We did not use the free airport shuttle but the two busses looked okay. With regard to the low price, the spacious, clean and calm room and the free shuttle I consider it a good place also for a longer stay with back and forth trips to NYC.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying with us. I'm extremely glad you found our value friendly hotel a great place to stay! Our affordable, clean, spacious rooms are often the stars of our property. I'm happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our delicious complementary breakfast and the ease in which to travel to the beautiful city of New York! I Thank You once again for choosing our property and I would be honored to have you back the next time you're back in New Jersey!

Cornwall, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I really want to warn everyone to stay away from this hotel. I used this hotel twice in 2013 because it was near our cruise dock in new York and new York inns are really expensive.
so this was a good alternative. our last stay was in December of last year. we were just notified by our visa that this inn just billed us $101.85 for a stay that we never booked this april. This hotel used our visa information with out us knowing. This is a total crime and we are looking into legal action. when we called the manager refuses to talk to us and the front desk hung up on us.
I called again and talked to the front desk. I explained what they did was credit card fraud and she said yeah try prove it. and hung up on me again. PLEASE BE WARNED don't let this happen to you.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience with our property. First I would like to offer my most sincere apology because we lack the system to remind our guests of booked reservations long forgotten or mistakenly booked. I find it very unfortunate this was the case with your reservation and were charged a one night no show fee in accord with our hotel policy. I hope this short explanation is able to clarify the misunderstanding at hand. I sincerely Thank You for initially choosing our property and I hope you can give us another opportunity to earn your praise in the future.

Viridiana A.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport? Share your experiences!