“excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Irvington
Newark, New Jersey
“excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

i came to this hotel and i loved it because the of the customer service. My name is Alfonso Robayo i am a sweden citizen and i always had help from the front desk and the manager miss Carolina. she has always given me good attention and good customer service.

Room Tip: the room i was in was 203 and it is a clean and very neat. the services of the house keepers is flaw...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank You Alfonso for taking the time to write us such an astonishing review. I'm overjoyed and extremely excited to know we were able to meet your standards during your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our spacious, clean, comfortable rooms and that our friendly staff was able to provide you with the necessary attention you deserve! I Thank You once again for choosing our property and hoping you had a great trip back to Sweden, I would love to invite you back the next time you're in New Jersey to make your next stay even better than the last!

Best Regards,

Viridiana A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Good parts; free shuttle picked us up at the airport following our midnight arrival, inexpensive, room was large. Bad parts; surrounded by "gentlemen's clubs", registration clerk was behind glass similar to a currency exchange, I have no idea what that stuff was on the wall next to the bed, despite assurances from the clerk who checked us in we left 30 minutes later than we asked for to return to the airport for our International connection.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying at our property. I'm extremely sorry to hear your standards weren't met on your last visit. Our value friendly hotel is often chosen by the quality of our rooms, cleaning standards, and quality service our guests experience. Nevertheless we continue to maintain and improve the quality of our rooms by fixing the problems as soon as they are reported. We have taken note of the issues you encountered with your room and are in the process of being fixed. I Thank You once again for initially choosing our property!

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My flight from Newark to Mumbai was on next day and chose to stay in this hotel. I stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. Room was big, wifi was working fine. The lady at the reception was very helpful. Shuttle driver was good too. The main door lock screws were loose. You can feel the shake if someone in other room walks in his room above you. The hotel is a value for money for sure but is a bit far away from airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write us your valuable insight. I'm extremely glad to know we have met your standards and that you find our services value friendly. I will defenately take notice of the loose screws on the main doors of every room to ensure the best quality stay. I'm sorry to hear about your thoughts regarding our property distance from Newark Airport; it's often our proximity to the Airport what our guests enjoy the most. Nonetheless I'm more than glad to know your overall stay was pleasant. I thank You once again for choosing our property and would love to invite you back the next time you visit NJ!

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I visited the place couple of days back.Full of bed bugs.Couldn't sleep all night coz of beg bugs.Only advantage is it's shuttle service to EWR. I wouldn't recommend anybody to stay at this hotel, its horrible

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to offer my most sincere apologies regarding the events of your stay. Our property monitors pests on a daily basis to ensure the best quality stay possible. As soon as our staff received notice of this post I took action and ordered a professional pest inspector to investigate. As a precocious measure the rooms where quarantined until we received a positive feedback from the inspector. I Thank You once again for choosing our property.

Dalton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

More than what I paid for! Everything was clean, comfortable, and the room was huge! The hotel is within a couple blocks from a major bus station - we were able to take the 107 straight into NYC every day we were there!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank You Abigail for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying at our property. I'm extremely excited to know that we've met your expectations and that our rooms where clean, comfortable and up to your standards. I'm also glad to hear the trip to NY was a breeze! with such a beautiful city so close by it's hard not to go there every time it's possible! I would like to Thank You once again for choosing our property and would defenately love to invite you back the next time you're around!

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Again, this was booked for temporary accommodations. I had a very early flight out, and needed to get my rental car back and get checked in by 5:30am, so I needed someplace close and cheap. This place was close, and it was cheap, but you get what you pay for, I guess. In this case it was probably a half a grade up from a no-tell motel. The lock and deadbolt on my room was not in good shape, so I ended up spending the entire night in the room for fear I'd have to pack up all my electronics and take them with me if I went out for dinner. Considering it isn't the greatest neighborhood, I wasn't comfortable with that choice, either. The place reeked of whatever disinfectant/deodorizer they use. I heard fights going on around me, and the desk clerk was behind about two inches of bullet proof glass.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying with us. I would like to also take the time to offer my most sincere apologies because the situation with your room could have been completely avoided by changing you to a more appropriate room. There is nothing I want more than for a guest to feel secure and comfortable inside our hotel walls. I can personally assure you this is the first and last time a room with any damage at all is rented without being properly inspected . I thank you once again for letting us know of the issue and for choosing our property.

Sincerely
Flower Mound, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I booked this hotel because they had the best rate during the christmas holiday. I had a poor experience while staying at this hotel.

When we arrived into EWR to get a shuttle pickup from the airport, I was told the shuttle runs every half hour, and we ended up waiting for an hour and fifteen minutes to be picked up, when the hotel is only 3 miles away.

I booked a room for 5 people, and we only had a set of two towels in the room, so i called down to request more and they told me that they wouldn't deliver anymore towels, so I had to go downstairs and demand more towels while they questioned why i needed more.

The hotel was located outside the city and the cheapest route to get into the city was to take the hotel shuttle to the city bus stop and then from there to the train station into the city. Well, the next day, we had tickets pre-booked to go see the rockettes at radio city downtown, and we were ready to leave an hr and a half prior to the show, since that was more than enough time, since it only takes 35 min with all the routes to make it downtown. Well the shuttle once again was 40 min late picking us up and we ended up being 30 minutes late for the show.

The night van driver was rude and unprofessional, they were always late and it was terrible customer experience. I wouldn't recommend anybody to stay at this hotel, its horrible.

Room Tip: Do not book with this hotel if you are used to staying at nicer hotels.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Jocelyn I would like to Thank You for taking the time to share you recent experience while staying with us. I'm extremely sorry to hear about the experience you've had with our drivers. The shuttle tries to maintain a schedule but at times unpredictable events such as traffic, road blockage, etc. may delay our drivers. I understand how important time management is and because of that I would like to offer my most sincere apology. The driver who has shown you lack of professionalism and other staff members at fault have all been verbally warned. I thank You once again for choosing our property.

Viridiana A.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport? Share your experiences!