“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Irvington
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Carolina leads the staff and she is an awesome and helpful person. The entire staff reflects her leadership as they are as also very helpful. The room was clean like a 4 or 5 star hotel. The area isnt the best, but isnt the worst either.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
parkwayhospitality, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
The Staff at Americas Best Value Inn, specially Carolina, would like to Thank You for such wonderful review. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like you to know that we are working even harder to improve the quality of our rooms for a maximum comfort experience. Thank You once again for choosing our property and we would like to invite you back the time you're in the area!

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This is truly a 5 star cleaning staff. I wanted to point out 2 staff Carolina and Arelle...Carolina.a young lady from my home state of California who recognizes the stark differences of human personalities from east to west and appeciates both. She is truly an asset to the company and this location. The male Arelle was on his beeak and took the time to assist me in fixing my sunglasses. A good team at this location....clean staff work hard....DONT FORGET TO TIP YOUR CLEANING STAFF! I just did not know what kind of room I was going to get.....but I was pleasantly surprised in room 304....no smell of smoke....clean...working blowdryer....good lighting.... flat screen....3 locks on doors....as a chick I was safe! Happy. Show this hotel some love.....they are deserving of it.

Also....Americas Best....it would behoove you to promote Carolina immediately to training manager....she's a gold mine!

• Stayed March 2013
parkwayhospitality, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel. We are very proud of all our employees (many of whom have been with us for many years!) and I will share your feedback with them.

Look forward to seeing you soon!
Athens
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at room number 303 from 29 January and for some nights. Firstly, the room was more than big. It had two double beds, a walk in closet, an office-table, TV, a mini-couch and a mini-coffee table. Cleaniness of the room isn't a... strong issue for the cleaning stuff. There is mold in the bathroom, dust on lamps and the furniture (e.g. chair), and a very weird smell when you open the door of the room and the one of the closet. But the real... deal is bed bugs. First, they appeared at the bed which I didn't use. I tried and terminated some of them. But after a day or so, they... moved to the bed which I was sleeping at. I woke up from intense itching and the bites. At the sheets blood was more than an issue. The hotel is located at one of the most dangerous areas in the States. Last, but not least, the breakfast is a real... prank! At least one day old bagels, some boiled eggs, cream cheese, ultra-undersized something like donuts, some corn flakes and a waffle maker. Also, breakfast ends at 9.00 a.m. If you've overslept, shame on you!!! No breakfast today... To be honest, I picked this hotel based on a fancy-like tv commercial back in summer. Second time sucker, no way! Except you want to live all the above, then I recomend that you stay miles away from this Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying with us. We are very sorry for your dissatisfaction while you were here. We quarantined the room you referenced immediately after seeing your review and we had a licensed pest control professional inspect the room. They were unable to substantiate your claims. We also had our maintenance department visit the room to address all issues you referenced.

Regarding the hotel's location, we acknowledge that the hotel is located in an urban community, which may be concerning to some. We consider our location to be one of our best assets and many of our customers take advantage of all that our area offers - ample variety of restaurants, shopping, accessible public transportation and friendly faces. I assure you and all future guests, that we consider guest and staff safety our top priority. We have many safeguards in place to achieve this objective, including a 24hr staff.

We do hope that you give us another opportunity to host you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I came to this hotel and people who worked there were nice. Also the rooms were clean.I also love that there was food to eat in the Morin.And I would love to come back to this hotel again.And if people around the area they to stay they should cosmetology this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're also very proud of our breakfast and have recently expanded our food selection to include hard-boiled eggs after receiving customers requests.

See you again soon!
Victor, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Thank you for helping me out when I most needed with directions to all the staff.Room 311 it was clean and neat. In the morning there was something to eat. There is service shuttle the run 24 hours. Out of all of that I had a great stay.

Room Tip: Choice the third floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pembroke Pines, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

First, this hotel claims to be the an Airport Hotel, but it is 8 miles away in a region that is considered one of the most violent of NJ. It cost me $ 35 to get a taxi because the courtesy van was not available when ordered.
After the very first uncomfortable night and continuous noises in the hallway, fights and people talking (inside room you can hears all the other rooms and hallway), I left the hotel for an appointment at a company in Newark, when I returned by 01:00pm, when I tried to pass my card to open the main door of the hotel, it did not work, when I went to the receptionist she informed me very angry that I should have left until 10:00 am, I told her saying that my reservation was good until next day, and again, the clerk very angry kept telling me, it was only for one night and I would have to pay for an extra night if I wanted my luggage back.
After insisting several times and asked to look at the hotel's computer, I ask to verify between the roles of my booking if there was a copy of my book I have gave the receptionist when I arrived. Noting that the paper that was attached to my reservation and they clearly said that my reservation was for two days, then she started to apologize saying it was not her fault.

When I asked for my luggage saying I wanted to leave, she informed me that she did not know where it was. They took 10 minutes to hand me over. When I gave lack of several things, shoes, deodorant, medicine, $ 85 that were in a pair, about $ 10 in coins that had changed the day before and was over the bedroom desk, but mainly receipts and papers which were surveys that did for the company that hired me with information to which I would be paid. When I asked for everything, she told me that just threw everything in the TRASH.
After another 10 minutes she brought me some of my papers, I'd say 30% of what I had before, nothing of the shoe, deodorant, medicine, money and papers. The papers still brought me were all wet and dirty.

I'll pass on this information and evidence, booking, photos of dirt, wet and dirty papers, the official hotel of Engraving left the phone where it said I had lost my luggage, and the testimony of another guest who saw the events to my lawyer.

I hope before have to file a lawsuit to be reimburse all my lost things, the the second daily I paid but I could not use, receipts with $ 350 that were thrown away by the hotel and for that reason I could not get the company that hired me to pay me back, the, the $19.33 I paid for the Super Shuttle to take to the La Guardia airport in the next day and I could not use it, because I had to expending the next night sleeping in a chair at the airport , $ 95 U.S. dollars in cash that disappeared from my stuff and also a moral compensation throughout the inconveniences and abuses I suffered.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
parkwayhospitality, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hello Mr. Da Silva,

I want to convey my most sincere apologies to you for the experience you had while staying with us recently.

Our airport is available on demand, 24 hours a day, at Terminal P4. There is airport-regulated signage instructing all customers to call the hotel using the free courtesy phones, to request a free shuttle. Our records indicate that you never called the hotel to request a shuttle, which explains why you needed to take a taxi. Note that the hotel shuttle was available on all dates during your stay and in fact, made several trips to/from the airport while you stayed with us.

Regarding the misunderstanding of your check out date, interviews with our staff showed that the reservation was documented correctly, however they were under the impression that your intention was to check out on the date in question based on your conversation with them as you were leaving the hotel in the morning. Because the staff was under the impression that you were checking out, the room was cleaned thoroughly, including removal of all papers and personal belongings, which were later returned to you. Further, all housekeepers were interviewed regarding your claim of missing money and the maid who cleaned your room did not see find any money in the room. The maid who cleaned your room has been working at the hotel for 6+ years with no complaints of theft.

Again, I am very sorry for your experience and do hope you find it in your heart to forgive our staff. Your experiences with us were based on misunderstandings specific to your stay and I assure you they are in no way representative of a typical stay at our hotel.

Best Regards,
Amritsar, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

For the second time i had to complaining about an employee of this hotel i stay here already for a month and 2 weeks in businesses spending a considerable amount of money in your services This morning Sunday 16 at 910am when i was taking my breakfast one of the employes call Joyce (i believe she is a van driver) last name i don't known because nobody was able
to tell me decide to scream to me that the breakfast had end and i had to vacate the premise immediately
all this in front of my wife and son at the time i was also talking with a group of gentleman from Argentina i don't think this people had a very high opinion of your hotel after that. This is incredible and outrageous in more that 25 years traveling around the world i had never experience this kind of abuse you need choose your employees better and train them properly otherwise they only going to keep dragging your brand name to the ground please feel free to call me at my room 210 for further details about the incident

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
parkwayhospitality, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I would like to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had here at the Americas Best Value Inn - Newark Airport.

As our House Manager discussed with you in person, after looking into the incident, we fully agree that the employee in question was 110% out of line in their behavior with you and their conduct was absolutely unacceptable. Rest assured that this issue has been addressed with this employee and the appropriate discipline has been levied. Our expectation is that this never happens again, with you or any other guest.

While this incident understandably left a bad taste with you, I'd ask you, as a favor to the hotel and staff, that you not let this one employee taint all the other positive experiences you had while staying with us for 6+ weeks. I'm sure you'll agree that this one bad apple does not reflect accurately on the rest of our staff.

Again, on behalf of the hotel, i want to convey my very sincere apologies for your experience with our driver, and please do give us an opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

Best Regards,
A. Naik

Been to Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport? Share your experiences!